Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ITT: People who don't understand what closed source software is.
"Premium Product" And "Plug and Play" yet it doesn't display the actual mode you're in? Other companies reverse engineer the closed source product to make their stuff work. Till then it's subpar.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any plans for a custom digital dash? Like take the good of this one, ditch the crap, add some new features and gizmos and go from there? I'd pay extra for MyColor and performance pages in one package that could be relatively plug and play

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Premium Product" And "Plug and Play" yet it doesn't display the actual mode you're in? Other companies reverse engineer the closed source product to make their stuff work. Till then it's subpar.
I'm not saying this is a perfect solution. I agree, I don't consider this a fully-compatible "plug and play" kit. I have my doubts there ever will be something like that available unless things change on Ford's end. With the amount of electronics in vehicles these days, I'd imagine it'd be next to impossible for an aftermarket company to develop such a product.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At $2595 why can it not be working with all goat modes. Premium price deserves a premium and complete product. I think you guys missed the mark a bit.
You do understand that they are taking the Raptor dash and fitting it to the non-Raptor Bronco? They are not delivering a custom dash. Which is someone like yourself should wait and see if the non-Raptor Broncos get a digital dash in the future.

There are people who can live with the Raptor-centric graphics and features.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do understand that they are taking the Raptor dash and fitting it to the non-Raptor Bronco? They are not delivering a custom dash. Which is someone like yourself should wait and see if the non-Raptor Broncos get a digital dash in the future.

There are people who can live with the Raptor-centric graphics and features.
I don't disagree at all. BUT... to @Knownman's point... it's still very pricey for an imperfect product.

From everything I can see, the Raptor dash is a ~$1000 part (they claim it's more than that, but they also aren't providing the part number they're using, so no way to verify). Yet they're charging $2500 for it. I obviously don't know what the labor costs are, but even if I give it what I imagine is a relatively generous $500 labor cost... that's still quite a bit of profit on an imperfect product.

You could argue that other companies are doing something similar. BroncBuster, for example, sells a HOSS 3.0 steering rack for $3700 despite the fact that it's a $1400 part. That's nuts... no doubt about it. However, it's a fully functional product and also includes upgraded non-OEM components that they've developed and submitted patents for, so it's not quite the same in my book.

BUT, maybe I'm off-base. Obviously there is a market for this stuff. 🤷‍♂️

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't disagree at all. BUT... to @Knownman's point... it's still very pricey for an imperfect product.

From everything I can see, the Raptor dash is a ~$1000 part (they claim it's more than that, but they also aren't providing the part number they're using, so no way to verify). Yet they're charging $2500 for it. I obviously don't know what the labor costs are, but even if I give it what I imagine is a relatively generous $500 labor cost... that's still quite a bit of profit on an imperfect product.

You could argue that other companies are doing something similar. BroncBuster, for example, sells a HOSS 3.0 steering rack for $3700 despite the fact that it's a $1400 part. That's nuts... no doubt about it. However, it's a fully functional product and also includes upgraded non-OEM components that they've developed and submitted patents for, so it's not quite the same in my book.

BUT, maybe I'm off-base. Obviously there is a market for this stuff. 🤷‍♂️
You are off-base. Regardless of what the dash part cost is it's a paperweight without the hours of research to get it to work. You are not just paying for the part but the expertise to get it to work in a non-standard application.

My guess is that they have a lot of hours into the research and (rightly so) going to try to recoup that cost. Also as first to market they get to set the price. You might think something is "overpriced" but your single opinion (as is mine) is useless. Market demand will let them know if they are off-base on the price or not.

As much as I'm not a big fan of BB, they are counting on the first to market model and thusly charging what they feel they can get. As for a $3700 part only worth $1400 do you have anything to back that up? Or is that just what you "feel" it's worth? Given the small market and high cost of low volume CNC work (plus development time, plus profit) it's not completely crazy to ask that.

Typically people who complain about prices don't have a lot of experience with what something costs to make and all of the associated overhead to produce, market, support... etc. a product.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are off-base. Regardless of what the dash part cost is it's a paperweight without the hours of research to get it to work. You are not just paying for the part but the expertise to get it to work in a non-standard application.

My guess is that they have a lot of hours into the research and (rightly so) going to try to recoup that cost. Also as first to market they get to set the price. You might think something is "overpriced" but your single opinion (as is mine) is useless. Market demand will let them know if they are off-base on the price or not.

As much as I'm not a big fan of BB, they are counting on the first to market model and thusly charging what they feel they can get. As for a $3700 part only worth $1400 do you have anything to back that up? Or is that just what you "feel" it's worth? Given the small market and high cost of low volume CNC work (plus development time, plus profit) it's not completely crazy to ask that.

Typically people who complain about prices don't have a lot of experience with what something costs to make and all of the associated overhead to produce, market, support... etc. a product.
I realize now I wasn't super clear in my original post. I DO think BroncoBuster is justified. The reason why I picked BroncBuster in my example is because they are often cited as taking a factory part and slapping it with a huge markup. While I agree $3,700 is a nuts price, but I do think the price is justified—or at least understandable.

They are selling the HOSS 3.0 steering rack fully programmed and functional with the addition of their own patented and upgraded parts for $3,699... with the option to ship back the steering rack to retrieve the $400 core. Parts list below, and I also went through and looked up all of the current pricing just to be sure. (Looks like the HOSS 3.0 steering went up $100 or so since the last time I looked.)
  • HOSS 3.0 Steering Rack - $1,930 (with $400 core)
  • BB BroncBushing - $350
  • BB Aluminum Housing - $1,190
The parts alone cost $3,470... and they are selling the steering rack completely functional, programmed, and ready-to-install for $3,699. That in my mind seems like a reasonable price, especially considering they've improved upon (or so they've claimed, I have no way to validate) the OEM design with their own parts.

-----

In the case of this product, we have the following parts. Again, I looked up current pricing.
  • Raptor screen - $1,160 (2022) or $930 (2023+) -- No core
  • Bezel - $120
  • ELM327 adapter - $25
Now... to be fair... they have said that we have the incorrect part numbers, which is certainly possible since they've said there is a $250 core attached to the part. But they aren't providing the part numbers they are using, so I have no way to verify. All I know is they have said that they are using the official Bronco Raptor screen, and when I look up the Bronco Raptor screen in the internal parts system those are the prices I see.

Parts total comes out to $1305 (if I pick the expensive screen), and they are selling it at $2,595. That's nearly double the cost of the parts. I do understand needing to recoup the costs related to figuring it all out, completing the programming on all of the orders, etc. But it is ultimately a flawed product by their own admission.

Is that flawed product worth double the cost in parts alone?? In my opinion, no, it is not, and I completely understand where @Knownman (and others) are coming from. Obviously others will disagree, and several people have already said they've placed their order day one.

Last edited:

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Calling it flawed is also not accurate. Saying that the Raptor functionality isn’t 100% compatible with every Bronco model is more in line. Not all Raptor parts are. Regardless it’s a commendable effort considering no one else has achieved the same level of functionality.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the end this is a market economy, they are free to charge whatever they want, they don't have to do this as a courtesy to us Bronco owners. The market ends up setting the price, if it's too expensive or not in demand the price will come down or they will stop producing it if it isn't viable. Ragging them about the price or what you believe the parts are worth just isn't constructive.

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you uninstall this cluster - will the odometer on the original cluster be outdated?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you uninstall this cluster - will the odometer on the original cluster be outdated?
Yes.

But the general rule is that you can add miles but you can't take miles away. Not always the case but...

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you reinstalled the original - wouldn’t it reflect the original mileage?
Sponsored