Sponsored

[Now Shipping] Armorlite Floor for Bronco 2dr and 4dr Exclusive Bronco6G Pre-Presale

GMC

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had trouble getting the drivers side panel to line up at the drivers door which took me an hour.
Preach brother. The driver's side was much worse than the passenger side, and I have no idea why--ended up with a plastic prybar hooked under the upper B pillar trim, pushing the panel down while pushing it in with a hand to get it to latch in place. Not sure what was keeping the panel up about 1/2", but somethign was and I had to push it down hard.

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One item the directions talk about is not to reuse the clips, unfortunately the 7 they sent wouldn't have been enough as both B pillars clips stayed in the pillar.

One solution I found that worked really well, use a large heavy slotted screw driver, place at the top of the clip that is stuck and give it pop with your hand on the screw driver handle. This allowed the pins of the clip to be pushed back down and the plastic pillar cover will go right back in the clips..

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 4dr WT, 18 JLU Wrangler, 18 JKU Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One item the directions talk about is not to reuse the clips, unfortunately the 7 they sent wouldn't have been enough as both B pillars clips stayed in the pillar.

One solution I found that worked really well, use a large heavy slotted screw driver, place at the top of the clip that is stuck and give it pop with your hand on the screw driver handle. This allowed the pins of the clip to be pushed back down and the plastic pillar cover will go right back in the clips..
The instructions ask you to not replace them all, but just the ones that stuck to the B pillar sheet metal. In all of our test vehicles we never had more than 5 come off the trim in most cases is was 2-3, so we included 7. There are 14 I believe total. If you guys are seeing something different let me know.

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The instructions ask you to not replace them all, but just the ones that stuck to the B pillar sheet metal. In all of our test vehicles we never had more than 5 come off the trim in most cases is was 2-3, so we included 7. There are 14 I believe total. If you guys are seeing something different let me know.
Literally all of mine stuck but no big deal, I made it work.

Sponsored

GMC

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Finally got around to installing mine. Overall pretty happy with it, but the fit around the console, the rear floors, the drains and where it meets the cargo floor could be better. It took some trimming of the sound deadening to get it to stay tucked under the console near the rear mounting bracket and to get the the cargo floor to sit relatively flat. The way it's molded over the trans tunnel doesn't allow it to sit flat in the corners where the the floor and tunnel meet.

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally got around to installing mine. Overall pretty happy with it, but the fit around the console, the rear floors, the drains and where it meets the cargo floor could be better. It took some trimming of the sound deadening to get it to stay tucked under the console near the rear mounting bracket and to get the the cargo floor to sit relatively flat. The way it's molded over the trans tunnel doesn't allow it to sit flat in the corners where the the floor and tunnel meet.

Ford Bronco [Now Shipping] Armorlite Floor for Bronco 2dr and 4dr Exclusive Bronco6G Pre-Presale IMG_0472

Ford Bronco [Now Shipping] Armorlite Floor for Bronco 2dr and 4dr Exclusive Bronco6G Pre-Presale IMG_0472

Something seems off here, please email [email protected]

I haven't had any issues around the console like you are showing. We will be happy to get you sorted out. I noticed your floor is pushed pretty far over to the drain plug opening. So it can be hanging up on something which is causing other fit issues. Please reach out to us with as many pictures as possible.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only thing I couldn’t get on mine were the trim pieces that go on the bolts for the “feet” of the rear seat — the Armorlite floor was thicker (or maybe same thickness but less compressibility?) than the old carpet and I could not get the trim piece clips pushed down far enough to engage. But as they are under the seat, and the seats fold forward - you can only see them if you are really looking for them. I just chucked them in a box and called it good enough.

The floor itself fit like a glove though. I did have to pull the passenger side drains up a little bit for the covers to stay clicked in - if they were mashed in all the way the plugs wouldn’t stay in. But just a simple tweak to get them where they were happy

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In all of our test vehicles we never had more than 5 come off the trim in most cases is was 2-3, so we included 7.
I had to replace 5 as well. Those clips are bastards - thank you for including them and including the instruction to look out for them. Early on (installing other things) I’d broken several of the plastic tabs off entirely not knowing to look for pulled clips and just trying to caveman a panel back in place - you are the only vendor that’s mentioned anything about it

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Only thing I couldn’t get on mine were the trim pieces that go on the bolts for the “feet” of the rear seat — the Armorlite floor was thicker (or maybe same thickness but less compressibility?) than the old carpet and I could not get the trim piece clips pushed down far enough to engage. But as they are under the seat, and the seats fold forward - you can only see them if you are really looking for them. I just chucked them in a box and called it good enough.

The floor itself fit like a glove though. I did have to pull the passenger side drains up a little bit for the covers to stay clicked in - if they were mashed in all the way the plugs wouldn’t stay in. But just a simple tweak to get them where they were happy
I have done 4 installs now and encountered that on the last one, I used 2 washers behind the leg bracket, this spaced the leg forward giving the foot cover clips more depth to grab. Worked like a charm. Bolts are super long also.

Sponsored

GMC

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Something seems off here, please email [email protected]

I haven't had any issues around the console like you are showing. We will be happy to get you sorted out. I noticed your floor is pushed pretty far over to the drain plug opening. So it can be hanging up on something which is causing other fit issues. Please reach out to us with as many pictures as possible.
I'll send a message, but some of the issues are difficult to capture in photos. All of my drains are off center; fronts towards the front and rears toward the outside.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have done 4 installs now and encountered that on the last one, I used 2 washers behind the leg bracket, this spaced the leg forward giving the foot cover clips more depth to grab. Worked like a charm. Bolts are super long also.
Ooo good idea thanks

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you only had to put washers on the last install you are mentioning? Some worked without washers?

Also, I havent seen this question asked yet. But if you have the Ford rubber floor mats used with carpet flooring, can you still use the OEM rubber floor mats on top of the Armorlite?

BUCKIN6VA

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you only had to put washers on the last install you are mentioning? Some worked without washers?

Also, I havent seen this question asked yet. But if you have the Ford rubber floor mats used with carpet flooring, can you still use the OEM rubber floor mats on top of the Armorlite?
I did not need washers for mine.

No you cannot use floor mats. They'd slip around (no snap points on armorlite)

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Also, I haven't seen this question asked yet. But if you have the Ford rubber floor mats used with carpet flooring, can you still use the OEM rubber floor mats on top of the Armorlite?
The other installs didn't need them. In my experience there is some slight variation in oem sheet metal and trim, especially wiring bundles and troughs. So all of this combined could be causing this to sporadically pop up. Luckily this one is an easy fix.

We don't recommend a mat on top of the floor. They can slide.
I hear concerns about wear, and that won't be an issue, we guarantee it.
I originally thought myself we would need an integrated mat to shake out dirt. But after years of running it in our Jeeps with no mats, I honestly don't feel we need them, but it took me a bit to get past the thought so I understand.
Sponsored