Sponsored

OBX cheaper to add suspension & lift w/o sas?

Longnius

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello bronco family,

I'm looking at an outer banks with a 2.7 yellow, but given the increase in the sas package, I wanted to reach out to the community for advice.

Would it be cheaper to add a suspension later (2 inch or less, nothing higher unless it's not "feasible") or just go with the sasquatch package?

I can afford the sas package, money isn't the issues but I would save some $$$ where I can without voiding any warranties.

I've spoken to some friends who are self proclaimed mechanics who claim I can get the fox shocks and a suspension without voiding any warranties in the future if I want.

Any and all info is appreciated!
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sasquatch gives you gearing to run bigger tires, advanced 4wd, beefier axles and lockers, you wouldn't want to run 35s on 3.73 gearing. You couldn't regear, get lift and shocks for the price of Sasquatch,

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

X2 if you can actually find a sas equipped without paying $5-10k adm go for it. Our OBX has 4.27 and rear locker. Doesn’t do bad with 35’s. If you can swing it sas it.

Reactions: Jdc

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The suspendtion/lift is the cheap part of the Sasquatch package, installing heavier front end, lockers and gearing will cost ya more than the Sasquatch package that also comes with the warranty. Unless ya are just going for look of big tires and lift the Sasquatch package is a no brainer.

Reactions: Jdc

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

sas is really worth it if you are crawling. front locker, gearing, 35 tires, 210 front, etc. i want to get this thing on two- or three-wheels type riding.

if its normal-hard offroad and looks you can add a small lift, 35s, and rims for half the cost. especially if you plan to also upgrade the rims anyways. start getting into the coilover game it starts getting close to sas cost.

regarding warranties you only void the parts you change. ford still covers warranties, you change coilovers then those are coved by the company you replaced with. only variable is if the change caused another issue. sas is under ford warranty which is nice.

do you want the painted flares? you lose those with sas too.

really decide why are you doing it and do you need the flares?

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
if its normal-hard offroad and looks you can add a small lift, 35s, and rims for half the cost. especially if you plan to also upgrade the rims anyways. start getting into the coilover game it starts getting close to sas cost.
To the OP, this is often heard argument, as a counterpoint I will point out this.

Sasquatch package costs $5000 (OB)
At a bare minimum you need to add the rear locker ($800) to get somewhat better gearing.
If you plan on getting different rims/tires, take off Sasquatch rims/tires are getting about $1800, where as OBs will get you $800.
So now the difference is only $3400

Now price your spacer lift, shocks, tire relocation bracket, and Sas flares, and FORscaning in the tire change.

Then keep in mind your warranty

Then keep in mind resale value

And you still don't get advanced 4wd, better gearing, better axles and front lockers.

So if you never leave the city limits and live someplace that never sees snow......if you want lift and bigger tires, you still want the Sasquatch package. IMO

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did the exact same cost/benefit analysis when I first ordered, with Big bend sas vs OBX sas and non sas of each. Sparing the details but…it was always more cost effective to go with sas. Especially for warranty and extended warranty sake.

By the time you buy a lift, shocks (doesn’t really matter the brand, take your pick of King, Fox, etc), UCAs, Tires, Wheels, you’re gonna be well over what the cost of just buying the sas from factory is. Without lockers.

Now if you’re just going for looks and never gonna be wheeling, an argument can be made that yeah you can achieve the 35 look aftermarket, cheaper without SAS from factory. But counter to that is..warranty, wear and tear on suspension, etc. Its all how you look at it. Sas is worth it.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To the OP, this is often heard argument, as a counterpoint I will point out this.

Sasquatch package costs $5000 (OB)
At a bare minimum you need to add the rear locker ($800) to get somewhat better gearing.
If you plan on getting different rims/tires, take off Sasquatch rims/tires are getting about $1800, where as OBs will get you $800.
So now the difference is only $3400

Now price your spacer lift, shocks, tire relocation bracket, and Sas flares, and FORscaning in the tire change.

Then keep in mind your warranty

Then keep in mind resale value

And you still don't get advanced 4wd, better gearing, better axles and front lockers.

So if you never leave the city limits and live someplace that never sees snow......if you want lift and bigger tires, you still want the Sasquatch package. IMO
i do agree, its worth it if you are really off-roading, and is in general.

fyi you can add the rear locker, 427, and 4a for 1590. so remove the 800 you have and add 1590. so the net difference is 2800.

OP
OP

Longnius

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Right now, adding sasquatch package cost 6k, from 3, so I figured I could save if having the work done later.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sasquatch Package gets the M210 front axle from the M190, Lockers, more gearing, suspension and wheels /Tires. Its well worth it , especially if you are going to stay with the stock tires/wheels. With parts bought after and Labor, you would be way more money
Sponsored