First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Y’all! New to the forum and very much a novice when it comes to Wheels/Tires. I know there are other threads re: the same topic but looking for recommendations on a wheel/tire upgrade for my ‘23 CG OBX, which goes into production today (yay!)! I know absolutely nothing about offsets, fits, etc. My preference would be to fit 33” tires with a more aggressive look + matte black/gunmetal wheels. A found 18” Fuel Quakes that I really like but again not sure this will fit. I’d like to upgrade without any other mods necessary (lift kits, etc.) + without compromising the ride, ideally making it a smoother ride. Any and all recs & help welcome. Thanks y’all and excited to be a part of the Bronco family!
Sponsored

IndianaBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with the RTR tech 6 +30 offset. I added a 2” lift because I wanted 35s, but there are plenty of posts on here of them on 33s and no lift.

OP
OP

UneducatedPhilly

Outer Banks
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with the RTR tech 6 +30 offset. I added a 2” lift because I wanted 35s, but there are plenty of posts on here of them on 33s and no lift.
appreciate the context! Can you explain what the offset is exactly and how it might impact fit/look/performance please? Or if you can point me in the direction of an existing thread. Some explanations that I’ve found are too technical for my novice brain. Just trying to learn!

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

www.tiresize.com

Play around with all the calculators and comparison tools to learn about the differences in tire and wheel sizes.

OP
OP

UneducatedPhilly

Outer Banks
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 options I have found so far that I like and THINK will fit based on reading up:

Nitto Ridge Grappler (33x12.5R18)
MT Baja Legend EXP (285/65R18)

Can someone confirm these would fit without lifts or other mods? Assuming I stay with an 18” wheel!

Sponsored

seawithin

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Y’all! New to the forum and very much a novice when it comes to Wheels/Tires. I know there are other threads re: the same topic but looking for recommendations on a wheel/tire upgrade for my ‘23 CG OBX, which goes into production today (yay!)! I know absolutely nothing about offsets, fits, etc. My preference would be to fit 33” tires with a more aggressive look + matte black/gunmetal wheels. A found 18” Fuel Quakes that I really like but again not sure this will fit. I’d like to upgrade without any other mods necessary (lift kits, etc.) + without compromising the ride, ideally making it a smoother ride. Any and all recs & help welcome. Thanks y’all and excited to be a part of the Bronco family!
what gearing do you have? If you have 3.73 you want to be intentional about how much additional weight you are adding on with new tires. Just throwing this out there since you are trying to retain the drive quality of a stock bronco

OP
OP

UneducatedPhilly

Outer Banks
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what gearing do you have? If you have 3.73 you want to be intentional about how much additional weight you are adding on with new tires. Just throwing this out there since you are trying to retain the drive quality of a stock bronco
it is a 3.73 axle - what do you mean exactly? How would it affect drive quality?

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am all for getting rid of the OBX wheels but would save some money and just buy a set of Badland takeoffs with the 33" BFG KOs. No lift required. Or maybe a set of the Blk Dia upgrade wheels if you really want all black.

OP
OP

UneducatedPhilly

Outer Banks
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am all for getting rid of the OBX wheels but would save some money and just buy a set of Badland takeoffs with the 33" BFG KOs. No lift required. Or maybe a set of the Blk Dia upgrade wheels if you really want all black.
Whats Blk Dia?

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond. You should be able to find new and complete Badlands or Black Diamond upgrade takeoffs for $1000-$1500.

Sponsored
OP
OP

UneducatedPhilly

Outer Banks
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Black Diamond. You should be able to find new and complete Badlands or Black Diamond upgrade takeoffs for $1000-$1500.
yeah, definitely looks like an option! Will keep this In mind for sure. Appreciate it!!

seawithin

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it is a 3.73 axle - what do you mean exactly? How would it affect drive quality?
3.73 is going to be the gearing you have. The gearing is set up for the best driving experience for your vehicle as is, especially torque. You had a chance when ordering to have 3.73, 4.42? And finally 4.7 for Sasquatch.

If you add weight that is over the stock weight, your car will not drive stock. Your truck will be working harder to move the weight, and that shows up as being sluggish in the Lower gears.

I know people who don’t care about that or or that they don’t notice the diminished torque.

Im very sensitive to how my cars drive, and I noticed you mentioned that. It may not be an issue.

OP
OP

UneducatedPhilly

Outer Banks
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
3.73 is going to be the gearing you have. The gearing is set up for the best driving experience for your vehicle as is, especially torque. You had a chance when ordering to have 3.73, 4.42? And finally 4.7 for Sasquatch.

If you add weight that is over the stock weight, your car will not drive stock. Your truck will be working harder to move the weight, and that shows up as being sluggish in the Lower gears.

I know people who don’t care about that or or that they don’t notice the diminished torque.

Im very sensitive to how my cars drive, and I noticed you mentioned that. It may not be an issue.
Makes sense! Not sure I would notice it too much, especially if it’s first mod I make early on. Thanks for the context & detail! Giving me things to consider

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a fellow OBX owner that also didn’t care for the stock wheels I put on 18 in Raceline wheels with a +12 off set and 26570R18 Falken Wildpeak tires. This gave me a better side to side look and. 33 in tire with no impact to ride handling or mileage. The largest I could have gone was a 285 but that would have provided a poke past the flares. Good luck.

IMG_1149.jpeg

IMG_1148.jpeg

IMG_1147.jpeg
Sponsored