Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I noticed it would randomly disable the recirculate button allowing fresh air to enter increasing the blower velocity. if you then hit recirculate button it would resume previous setting. I only noticed the fresh air vent opening because wildfire smoke was thick outside. Mmmmm…..
Sponsored

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually the highly sophisticated "voice recognition" feature of Sync 4 can detect the audibles created by flatulence and will initiate the required air circulation to accomplish mitigation.! :)

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine does that exact same thing at highway speeds. My first vehicle with automatic climate control, so wasn't sure if that was normal......I guess it is for the Bronco!

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this happen in dozens of vehicles. I usually attribute it to the automatic climate control.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reviving this thread from the dead. I just took delivery and the very first thing I noticed when turning on the ac the damper door didn't sound right. Made a loud sound and opening and closing sound like it's searching for the correct point, and in my past that has always pointed to bad damper motors. I threw it on Forscan and sure enough - 10 miles, I have a DTC - NO CEL but for a 1083B - Recirculation Damper Motor. Additional Fault Symptom - Mechanical Failure. Going in this week and I will post back the outcome.

Sponsored

Leo-Bronco

Base
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reviving this thread from the dead. I just took delivery and the very first thing I noticed when turning on the ac the damper door didn't sound right. Made a loud sound and opening and closing sound like it's searching for the correct point, and in my past that has always pointed to bad damper motors. I threw it on Forscan and sure enough - 10 miles, I have a DTC - NO CEL but for a 1083B - Recirculation Damper Motor. Additional Fault Symptom - Mechanical Failure. Going in this week and I will post back the outcome.

Sooo any outcome? Lol

mine does the same at hwy speeds sometimes starts blowing hard for a little while.

Leo-Bronco

Base
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anybody has fixed or has dealer said anything?

JeffROK

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sooo any outcome? Lol

mine does the same at hwy speeds sometimes starts blowing hard for a little while.
Sorry, thought I posted back. Has been working fine with no odd behavior since replacing the motor. I haven’t noticed any of the symptoms of it changing on its own. It seems to stay on when I turn it on and goes off when I turn it off. I do think there may be a function or two if selected, that recirculation mode is not designed to work in, so it turns off. Maybe defrost, I can’t remember and would have to test.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s an obnoxious Ford feature. If outside temp is in range. The vehicle will allow outside air in. I think it stems from some past lawsuit. My Maverick and Bronco Sprort do it.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s an obnoxious Ford feature. If outside temp is in range. The vehicle will allow outside air in. I think it stems from some past lawsuit. My Maverick and Bronco Sprort do it.
Interesting haven’t noticed that.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In Florida winters around 50 degrees and at dark is only time I see it. Will see this winter. Haven’t seen it since last winter.

Leo-Bronco

Base
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

For me it seems to be more related to my driving speed then temperature. Yesterday it happend again when i hit 85mph+. Temperature outside was around 75f. I had only been driving like 10 mins.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The blend door that allows outside air in opens even when you have it on recirc. This is a Ford feature to allow “fresh” outside air in even if you don’t want it. The door is located in a space that allows it to flow in faster than the fan would do on its own on low settings. That’s why you notice it more when driving faster. Super annoying.
Sponsored