OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fairly new '23 Wildtrak, been noticing lately this very faint "tinkling" noise coming from somewhere within the steering wheel inside the cabin. Best I can describe it is that it sounds like tiny pebbles or grains of sand. Happens fairly often, generally with turning but even while straight sometimes.
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm assuming you mean the center part of the steering wheel, where the airbag is housed?

If that's the case, it might be worth taking it to the dealer to have checked out in case it is some airbag component that broke or came loose.

Better safe than sorry when dealing with things that keep your face from smashing into something hard. My $.02

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Fairly new '23 Wildtrak, been noticing lately this very faint "tinkling" noise coming from somewhere within the steering wheel inside the cabin. Best I can describe it is that it sounds like tiny pebbles or grains of sand. Happens fairly often, generally with turning but even while straight sometimes.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve had a similar issue going on for like 9 months now. But mine sounds like just 1 piece of very tiny plastic. Noticeable when I turn (but very faint sounding). My noise seems to be coming from the bottom of the steering wheel behind the bottom plastic trim. Unfortunately the whole steering wheel and airbag assembly has to be taken apart to remove any trim from the steering wheel so I’ve just dealt with it. Please let me know what you end up finding out or doing. Thank you.

OP
OP

OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve had a similar issue going on for like 9 months now. But mine sounds like just 1 piece of very tiny plastic. Noticeable when I turn (but very faint sounding). My noise seems to be coming from the bottom of the steering wheel behind the bottom plastic trim. Unfortunately the whole steering wheel and airbag assembly has to be taken apart to remove any trim from the steering wheel so I’ve just dealt with it. Please let me know what you end up finding out or doing. Thank you.
Going in for an oil change at 1000 miles, I'll bring the issue up with them.

Sponsored
OP
OP

OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bumping this with an update - they couldn't replicate the noise during the oil change but I took it back this week as the noise was clearly getting worse. Looks like it might be the clock spring, getting it replaced tomorrow under warranty. Never had an airbag light or issues with steering wheel controls, which is also typical with a failing clock spring but oh well, hopefully it fixes it.

It also appears that a decent number of F150 owners have this issue as well, best described as small marbles or pebbles rolling around in the steering wheel column.

Hope this helps anyone that has a similar issue!

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this issue as well and it is the clock spring. I had it replaced under warranty, however, the sound came back immediately and it's worse this time.

OP
OP

OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had this issue as well and it is the clock spring. I had it replaced under warranty, however, the sound came back immediately and it's worse this time.
Oh no! Not what I wanted to hear LOL

Did you ever get it resolved?
Sponsored