First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
A utility patent will run $10 - 20K, depending on how button down you want it to be. You will never recoop that.

If you are serious, a design patent and trademarks on the device's unique appearance will buy you some protection. However you can never claim that any of the IP has anything to do with the unit's functionality. That will void the IP. Likewise, copyrighting your drawings will add a few wires for other to trip.

Yeah about what I was seeing when I looked into it. I might consider doing a run if I can get some preorders. Tried reaching out to IAG, Addictive desert, and a few others with no interest unfortunately.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Should have a side rail plastic prototype within a couple days. 2" from center points on the two holes on the angled side. If I do a run I was thinking of including 2x crossbar mounts and 2x side rail mounts but it's going to be in a preorder fashion.

Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack Mount Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 5.47.40 AM

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the surface that you would be bolting...say an awning to is angled instead of vertical?

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the surface that you would be bolting...say an awning to is angled instead of vertical?
There is a single vertical hole and then the two angled for a total of 3 threaded holes

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very nice!

Sponsored
OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it is going to be about $150 a pair for the side rail mounts out of cnc annodized aluminum and I'd like to do a preorder for 25 pairs on my site when I get the prototype in the next few days to test the fit. I wouldn't place the order until 25 preorders are placed or if we can't do 25 preorders just cancel the orders and let everyone know if they'd like to continue at likely a higher price.

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Prototype is in but needs the bottom piece reprinted. I’ve marked it up to dhow the holes and some directionality. Highlighted holes are threaded 3/8 16 and the arrow points to the outside of the bronco. The aluminum version will be slimmer width wise with everything else being the same. Will this bolt configuration work for those wanting to use it as an awning?

IMG_6759.jpeg

IMG_6758.jpeg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We need some folks with awenings to measure the hole spead for their mounting brackets. I mean you could always drill new holes but it would be nice if there was a "standard" out there.

That bottom hole may be tough to get to once you bend whatever bracket to get your vertical mount surface

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The more I look at random google searches for awening mounts the more it seems like that angle could be problematic.

All the brackets look to either want to bolt horizontal with downward bolts, or vertical with sideways bolts.

I found one set of universal brackets that it seemed to allow you to angle, but they are $70.

Now of course for possibly mounting other things, the angle may not be an issue.

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
The more I look at random google searches for awening mounts the more it seems like that angle could be problematic.

All the brackets look to either want to bolt horizontal with downward bolts, or vertical with sideways bolts.

I found one set of universal brackets that it seemed to allow you to angle, but they are $70.

Now of course for possibly mounting other things, the angle may not be an issue.
I think your concern is with the angle of the mount hitting the roof. I don’t think it will be too much of an issue. Tough to get scale from the first images but it isn’t small.
Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack Mount IMG_6772

IMG_6760.jpeg

Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had to Google FPV Planes :)

Excellent ideas and progress thus far, are you still pursuing both versions (side and cross)?

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had to Google FPV Planes :)

Excellent ideas and progress thus far, are you still pursuing both versions (side and cross)?
Yes, cross is completed at this point but not sure if there was as much interest as in the siderail.

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once you’re satisfied with the prototype do you still plan to take pre-orders? Very interested in this still.
Yes, I have the preorder all set to go on my site but wanted to take on taking orders until i have a aluminum prototype.
Once you’re satisfied with the prototype do you still plan to take pre-orders? Very interested in this still.
Yes, I have the preorder on my site all ready to go just wanted to have an aluminum prototype in hand. As soon as I verify the aluminum prototype is accurate and fits well I will open up the preorder with an rough timeline on production and shipping dates.
Sponsored