Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is it the frame + the canvas?

Deleted member 49144

I see these for around $1500 ALL the time. $14,000 is literally rape with no lube. Look around and you’ll find them

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just curious if you got asking price on the soft top? I have a new one on the foam pallet ……not sure what to ask for it…..thanks
I just sold one for $1200. $1500 new with all fasteners and brackets is a good price.

Sponsored

Periokid

Raptor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am looking for a top for my Raptor. Must be the top that comes with an ordered unit (ie not the Bestop, must be the Webasto). Been searching, no luck so far.

BlazinGrizz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OBX / 2020 Subaru Ascent Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We wound up going with the dual top option. It was maybe a $6-700 difference in price. A no brainer. Figured worst case scenario if we want to keep the hard top year round and not swap them seasonally, we can hopefully recoup that money on the OEM soft top NIB.

nickBL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Santa Fe Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just sold one for $1200. $1500 new with all fasteners and brackets is a good price.
Would you be able to tell me which brackets and fasteners you gave the new owner? I just bought one from someone that ordered dual tops and we are trying to figure out the brackets required?

Essentially, what does the Soft Top kit look like?

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to Google, the dealership makes 30-35% markup on parts retail....so 33% of that 14K is dealer markup.... You dont have to worry about from the factory. Assume Ford wants to make a larger profit on their parts that matches that percentage... and those percentages are flat, not dependent on part prices, so that is a huge chunk as well. They make a larger percentage of individual parts where as the vehicle as a hole is a lower percentage but a higher absolute figure.

Add the shipping, handling, storage....etc... it gets expensive.

Companies look at margins....even if the parts is 1 dollar or $10,000 the margin percentage is the important metric and they don't adjust them when they bunch them together in a report for a middle manager to read.

Last edited:

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi everyone. Just curious if anyone has any other information to the contrary, but my OEM soft top on my '21 Bronco (4-door) was heavily damaged in a wind storm recently. I've been told by several dealers that to order a new one to replace it, there are 2 part numbers:

M2DZ7853000BC - the frame portion (about $13,000)
M2DZ7852700BD - the twill portion (about $800)

Therefore, the cost of a new OEM soft-top is $13,800+. Can anyone confirm if they have come across this issue? I assumed (mistakenly) that a replacement OEM soft top would have been $3,000-$4,000, not nearly $14,000.
You would think insurance might cover this. Like it would hail damage!!

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You would think insurance might cover this. Like it would hail damage!!
Absolutely, but who knows what this person's insurance situation is. Maybe high rates and multiple claims. In any case, one interesting thing I learned about my dual tops (MIC and Bestop) is that whichever top is NOT on the vehicle (MIC for me) would be covered under my homeowner's policy, were something to happen, according to my broker.

JR
Sponsored