First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey fellow Texan Bronco owners - I just took delivery of my Bronco Badlands on Monday, after attending the Off-Roadeo on Sunday. I am new to off-roading and I really want to hit up a local park for my first experience. I was reading earlier about Hidden Falls out in Marble Falls, but I was hoping for something closer to home to get my feet wet (figuratively). I live in Spring, just north of Houston - any recommendations around the Houston area?
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I havenā€™t seen anything in or around Houston. I recently travelled over to Llano and did some rock crawling at OffCamber. Itā€™s just a bit past the Offrodeo site actually. šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m also interested in doing some stuff in the area, but the ā€œparksā€ Iā€™ve found are basically huge mud pits for 4wheelers and side by sides.

FoMoJoe

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are some dirt roads around Sam Houston national forest its free.

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may want to research Brazos Valley Offroad park. I think that is the closest to Houston. Also there were some trails around Spring Creek in Spring but haven't been there in at least 10 years so they may be vanished by now. That area has changed once 99 opened. Gilmer/Barnwell mountain was always fun but is a 5 hour drive from Houston.

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spring Creek was shut down when Harris County turned it into a nature trail. Best place to wheel (if you like rocks)that Iā€™ve been to is Hidden Falls. Gilmer is great also, but Hella drive from Houston area.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind any off road use of public lands, requires a Off-Highway Vehicle Program sticker, which is cheap and easy to get:
https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/texas-off-highway-program

That being said, there's very little public land in Texas. It's all owned by private parties.
Here's the list:
https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/texas-off-highway-program/where-to-ride-ohvs-in-texas
And most of them are restricted to atv's/motorcycles... Including the aforementioned Sam Houston National Forest.

About the only/best place for the San Antonio / Austin / Houston greater area you already know about, Hidden Falls Adventure Park.
https://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/
Sponsored