Dragon90

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, VW Atlas Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How’s it going so-cal fam!? Just started off-roading recently in preparation for my new Bronco. Hit up Holcomb Valley a few times in Big Bear and also a few trails in Idyllwild. Mostly beginner trails in my 2WD Xterra. Let’s get some feedback on your favorite trails to ride in So-Cal and maybe some pics. Maybe we can setup some social distance meetups while we wait for our Broncos.
Sponsored

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won’t say I have a favorite trail yet. But I’m planning to hit up a few trail in East San Diego county, which is also where I live. The for two is the Valley of the Moons trail and Corral Canyon, the outer loop.

After I get a bit more comfortable, maybe hit Sidewinder in Corral Canyon.

Overlanding is my primary goal with the Bronco, so I’m going with the Badlands.

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But I’m planning to hit up a few trail in East San Diego county, which is also where I live.
Is offroading at Proctor Valley still possible? Last time I went was a decade ago but even then they were working on fencing everything off.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won’t say I have a favorite trail yet. But I’m planning to hit up a few trail in East San Diego county, which is also where I live. The for two is the Valley of the Moons trail and Corral Canyon, the outer loop.

After I get a bit more comfortable, maybe hit Sidewinder in Corral Canyon.

Overlanding is my primary goal with the Bronco, so I’m going with the Badlands.
Always wanted to run Sidewinder. Seen videos of XJ's running it, never got around to it. Have to get a trip together.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is offroading at Proctor Valley still possible? Last time I went was a decade ago but even then they were working on fencing everything off.
Unfortunately I don't think so, I live close and in the 70s Procter Valley was our playground, still dirt road from Bonita to Jamul but really can't get off road anymore?

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always wanted to run Sidewinder. Seen videos of XJ's running it, never got around to it. Have to get a trip together.
We’ll have something up once we start getting our Broncos.

My current truck is to large for hardcore trails, 1997 F350 Crew cab 4x4. It doesn’t turn worth a damn.

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's full of houses edge of east lake.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want to check out Anza-Borrego Desert State Park in a few weeks. I have never been there but have seen some really interesting looking trails on youtube.

I have done the John Bull trail in big bear and the Miller Jeep trail near hungry valley state vehicle recreation area.

For John Bull I would say 35" tires are needed but Miller I have seen done on 33's.

Someday I want to do the Mojave road. Not too hard but really long, over 100 miles.

Last edited:

Scooter2

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250 Tremor / 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cleghorn. I Love Cleghorn. Every offshoot can be done without lockers if you pick the workable line. Last offshoot is rough on short wheelbase (2 doors), I pass on that one in the JL - and stay left at the punchbowl (for gods sake stay left, or its a bad day). Love Cleghorn. Its the first place my wife will take the Bronco along with the Jeeps.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anza Borrego, Chocolate Mountains, Superstitions.

Anza is the largest and most varied, sand, mud, river, hill climbs all on the same trail.

Years ago Los Coyotes was one of the top rated off road areas in the country, then they decided to close it.
Sponsored