Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got my Wildtrak a few weeks ago and I've been chomping at the bit to go off-roading. Unfortunately, the closest place is Peter's Mill - about 90 minutes from home. I just want to drive through some mud! What do you guys do to scratch the itch?
Sponsored

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got my Wildtrak a few weeks ago and I've been chomping at the bit to go off-roading. Unfortunately, the closest place is Peter's Mill - about 90 minutes from home. I just want to drive through some mud! What do you guys do to scratch the itch?
Around here it's all about "knowing a guy" with private land they don't mind you driving on. Definitely few options.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing legal close by, Peters Mill is pretty much the closest you'll find. We had a fair place in Woodbridge for a bit, But it was shut down for one of the usual issues (Insurance was canceled, and couldn't find another company willing to cover)

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flagpole Knob, near Harrisonburg
The Cove, in Gore, has great events run by Big Dogs
Chaos Off Road Park near Capon Bridge

Others are a bit further in WV, PA, and SW in the Shen Valley

Suggest you join Bronco Army DMV and Virginia Broncos on Facebook for semi regular info on group events. Also suggest you get the OnX off road app, with comprehensive trail search and ratings as well as on trail nav via CarPlay.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Flagpole Knob, near Harrisonburg
The Cove, in Gore, has great events run by Big Dogs
Chaos Off Road Park near Capon Bridge

Others are a bit further in WV, PA, and SW in the Shen Valley

Suggest you join Bronco Army DMV and Virginia Broncos on Facebook for semi regular info on group events. Also suggest you get the OnX off road app, with comprehensive trail search and ratings as well as on trail nav via CarPlay.
He pretty much covered the known knowns. Unfortunately a lot of the great off-roading/camping land in VA is private land.

I actually just stopped by to ask about some overland spots outside of these listed here and the answer seems to always be the same. :/
Sponsored