Sponsored

Off-roading with base 2D manual with non-sas Badlands wheels/33" tires, oxymoron?

madhu

Base
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is that a oxymoronic question? I'm overwhelmed by so many auto-tech things and I wanna know with the config I have, what's possible in off-roading? So far I have only taken her on gravel roads and something my old Outback can very well do! :)

Comments?

Ford Bronco Off-roading with base 2D manual with non-sas Badlands wheels/33" tires, oxymoron? Bron4
Sponsored

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Off-roading means a lot of things, to a lot of people. Rock-crawling, mudding, overlanding, field work, desert racing, etc....all different applications that require different skill sets and tools. It all boils down to "what do you want it to do?" - then you can go from there.

With that said...any 4x4 vehicle with decent clearance and A/T tires can do 99.9% of anything offroad - you're good with your rig.

OP
OP
madhu

madhu

Base
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a lot you can do like that. Take a buddy with a strap and go test the limits.
True that, I will try and do that; learn from ones who know.

OP
OP
madhu

madhu

Base
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Off-roading means a lot of things, to a lot of people. Rock-crawling, mudding, overlanding, field work, desert racing, etc....all different applications that require different skill sets and tools. It all boils down to "what do you want it to do?" - then you can go from there.

With that said...any 4x4 vehicle with decent clearance and A/T tires can do 99.9% of anything offroad - you're good with your rig.
Glad to hear from a fellow 2D manual, thank you @porjos

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It will do more than my stock 93 4Runner. Don't be afraid to approach (or even cross) the limit. It will do WAY more than you think, even on 33s. Just bring a friend and go for it!

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is way more capable than any stock original/early Bronco...get out there!
Sponsored