pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll say one thing for Ford. Their aspirations out perform their output.
That's pretty much a perfect summary...
Sponsored

Badlander607

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What snorkle do you have on your badlands?
I extended my breather tubes from the axels, which is what it appears ford did to make the everglade rated at deeper water fording. What i was alluding to is, I don't need an air intake snorkel (the everglades doesn't need one for fording water either, really, they're for capturing clean air up out of vehicle dust clouds) but if the new snorkel is actually water tight, since most aren't, it will really only protect it from extended bow wave action while fording long stretches of water, right? And with all the bends in it, it must sap some power... Seems a little silly, if it's really just kinda for looks... its not even that good looking of a snorkel imo. But it's cool that ford is doing fun things with the Bronco tho...

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am wondering if this is the same fenders (basically) as the raptor, so they get some reuse across more trims
and thats why it is 4-door only
Raptors' extend further out (slight buldge)... But it is a new, common, design... As I said earlier, probably a rework/refresh mid-gen update for 23s and up?

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think all of the bulge is the flares themselves, but looking closely it does look like raptor is different sheet metal too
https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-pro...es/2022-ford-bronco-raptor-217-1643024001.jpg
It is. They buldge out more in the front and rear...

You can see the rear due to Raptor-specific taillights...

In the front, you can see it based on the grill/sidemarker and fender... It sticks out more than stock.

I'm liking these squared off fenders... Might 99 my OBX and go with this in EG... Don't have to worry about blue accents... But I don't need that snorkel in TX... Maybe I'll drive through the Guadalupe River... 🤔

tenor.gif

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am wondering if this is the same fenders (basically) as the raptor, so they get some reuse across more trims
and thats why it is 4-door only
No these fenders are very different than the Raptor. A 3rd fender design in the mix.
Can you get close enough to look at the fender wheel arch inside of the flare. Does it really look different?

(Everything a Ford person says gets a lot of side eye from me.)
It really is different. Very easy to spot the difference in pictures as well.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you get close enough to look at the fender wheel arch inside of the flare. Does it really look different?

(Everything a Ford person says gets a lot of side eye from me.)
Yeah, it's definitely different as @Ksjrb03 said.

Everglades fender flare won't be compatible with the "normal" Bronco fenders and vice versa.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I extended my breather tubes from the axels, which is what it appears ford did to make the everglade rated at deeper water fording. What i was alluding to is, I don't need an air intake snorkel (the everglades doesn't need one for fording water either, really, they're for capturing clean air up out of vehicle dust clouds) but if the new snorkel is actually water tight, since most aren't, it will really only protect it from extended bow wave action while fording long stretches of water, right? And with all the bends in it, it must sap some power... Seems a little silly, if it's really just kinda for looks... its not even that good looking of a snorkel imo. But it's cool that ford is doing fun things with the Bronco tho...
You don't need a snorkle...until you do! I've swamped a few jeeps over the years...no fun. They do work if you install them properly...gotta make sure all is tight and silicone up any gaps. Make sure ASS is disabled before going in the washout, and if DONT TOUCH THE START BUTTON if it dies!
Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability 20200705_153340
Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability IMG_36351

Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SPECS
  • $53,000 starting price (plus $1,495 destination and delivery charges).
  • Trim levels positioned between Black Diamond and Outer Banks.
  • Standard 4-door model with molded-in-color (MIC) hardtop
  • 2.3L EcoBoost engine
  • 10-speed automatic transmission.
  • Sasquatch package
  • ZEON 10-S WARN winch
  • Squared front and rear fender flares + matching Sasquatch-width fender flares
  • Carbonized Gray grill with gloss black Bronco lettering.
  • Carbonized Gray wheels.
  • Factory snorkel.
  • Washout flooring
  • Marine-grade vinyl (MGC)
  • Safari bull bar
  • Rock rails
  • Steel bash plates
  • Water fording limit: 36.4 inches (+3″ more than Sasquatch Bronco).
  • Trim exclusive color: Desert Sand.
  • Urban Green interior accent trim color.
  • Other colors available: Eruption Green, Area 51, Shadow Black, Cactus Gray.
  • Graphics package available for front fenders.
  • Ordering begins in March, exclusively for existing Bronco reservation holders.
  • Livestream debut @ Chicago Auto Show at 12 p.m. CST today.
Tech Docs

SPECIAL-EDITION FORD BRONCO EVERGLADES ENGINEERED AND OUTFITTED TO TAKE ON EXTREME ADVENTURES WITH CONFIDENCE

CHICAGO, Feb. 10, 2022
– For off-roaders looking to go further off the grid, Ford today is debuting the new 2022 Ford Bronco® Everglades™ special edition – an SUV born to breathe when the air gets thick and designed to press on when the trail turns others around.

For decades, Bronco SUVs have traversed remote locations with G.O.A.T. – Goes Over Any Type of Terrain – mentality. Bronco Everglades, available as a four-door model, takes that spirit to the next level with confidence-building, factory-installed features such as a snorkel, integrated front bumper-mounted winch**, and all the off-road equipment in the Bronco Sasquatch™ Package.

“Bronco customers like to explore new places, but some want to go even further off the trail than others,” said Jolanta Coffey, Bronco chief engineer. “Everglades is specially equipped to enable these customers to tackle even more challenging terrains and trails – and with the front bumper-mounted winch, they can help others out of trouble while they’re at it.”

Bronco Everglades packed with rugged off-road hardware

Bronco Everglades introduces a class-exclusive* signature snorkel. Designed and engineered by Ford, the snorkel – which runs up the passenger-side A-pillar – optimizes vehicle performance in dust, snow and water by raising the engine air intake above nasty trail conditions. Its design uses two easy-to-swap plates to change the direction of the inlet based on trail and weather conditions.

“Bronco enthusiasts demand style as well as performance, so we challenged ourselves to create a snorkel with high-end function and a look that really suits the vehicle,” said Ryan Olsson, design manager. “What really sets the Everglades snorkel apart is the head and reversible intake. It completely changes the way a snorkel can look and function.”

Front and rear axles, transfer case and transmission also offer raised vents for improved water fording. Combined, these design changes lead to water fording capability of 36.4 inches.

For situations when Bronco Everglades or another vehicle needs extra traction beyond what the tires and engine can provide, a heavy-duty modular front bumper by Ford Performance with ZEON 10-S WARN® winch – featuring 10,000-pound capability† and a 100-foot synthetic line – is ready to help. Everglades also comes standard with a protective safari bar, rock rails and the same steel bash plates found on Black Diamond™ and Badlands™ Bronco models. A unique Carbonized Gray grille with gloss black Bronco lettering enhances its functional appearance.

The Sasquatch Package features 17-inch Carbonized Gray-painted alloy wheels with 35-inch Goodyear mud-terrain tires. Additional exterior appointments include rock rails to protect the lower sills, plus a molded-in-color hardtop and roof rack with crossbars.

Squared wheel arches for a unique Bronco look

The Bronco design team took advantage of the SUV’s patented off-road modular design in creating the Everglades edition, further underscoring how this user-friendly platform can be stripped to its base structure and reconfigured for another new adventure with a different body setup. The vehicle features unique squared front and rear wheel arches with matching Sasquatch-width fender flares.

Unique graphics with Everglades topography deliver style on the front quarter fenders, cleverly paying homage to the tropical wetlands that inspire the vehicle’s name.

Bronco Everglades is easy to clean after a weekend on the trails with standard marine-grade vinyl seats and rubberized washout flooring. New Urban Green accents provide a subtle color touch on grab handles, air register vents and seat stitching.

In addition to mid-package content, Bronco Everglades features a class-exclusive 12-inch SYNC® 4 system with Ford Power-Up over-the-air software updates – a unique combination based on customer feedback. Its 2.3-liter EcoBoost® delivers 300 horsepower and 325 lb.-ft. of torque†, the most torque from a four-cylinder gas engine in its class, and is paired to a class-exclusive SelectShift® 10-speed automatic transmission with advanced 4x4 system and a maximum 67.8:1 crawl ratio.

The new 2022 Bronco Everglades is available in five exterior colors, including Everglades-exclusive low-volume Desert Sand, plus Eruption Green, Area 51, Shadow Black and Cactus Gray.

Bronco Everglades will join the Bronco lineup of Built Wild™ 4x4 SUVs this summer. Ordering begins in March, exclusively for existing Bronco reservation holders. Pricing will start at $53,000 plus $1,495 destination and delivery charges.

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_01.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_02.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_03.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_04.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_05.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_06.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_07.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_08.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_09.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_10.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_11.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_12.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_13.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_14.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_15.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_16.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_17.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_18.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_19.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_20.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_21.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_22.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_23.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_24.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_25.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Desert Sand_2.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_01.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_02.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_03.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_04.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_05.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_06.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_07.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_08.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_09.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_10.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_Eruption Green_11.jpg

2022 Bronco Everglades_Snorkel_Joe Denatale.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_interior_01.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_interior_02.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_interior_03.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_interior_04.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_interior_05.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_interior_06.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_interior_07.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_interior_08.jpg

2022 Ford Bronco Everglades_interior_09.jpg

Ford Bronco Everglades_design_02.jpg

Ford Bronco Everglades_design_03.jpg

Ford Bronco Everglades_design_04.jpg

Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability IMG_36351

Further proof Ford is a marketing company not a focus on engineering. This makes no sense. More trims when they can’t deliver on the current. They have ivy league MBAs that run the company. This is what they do. New packaging. Not needed or cost effective. Roll over Henry!! You would be ashamed.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No these fenders are very different than the Raptor. A 3rd fender design in the mix.

It really is different. Very easy to spot the difference in pictures as well.
Yeah earlier i dug up a close up of raptor, and i noticed it was different/indented

Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability 1644528941890

Badlander607

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't need a snorkle...until you do! I've swamped a few jeeps over the years...no fun. They do work if you install them properly...gotta make sure all is tight and silicone up any gaps. Make sure ASS is disabled before going in the washout, and if DONT TOUCH THE START BUTTON if it dies!
Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability 1644528941890
This was unintentional, due to a storm and the giant pump put on the submerged gravel/sand road, aaaand it floated away. But I would agree!
Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability 51104
Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability 20210814_135544
Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability 20210814_144104

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This was unintentional, due to a storm and the giant pump put on the submerged gravel/sand road, aaaand it floated away. But I would agree!
Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability 20210814_144104
More than 3 feet, I presume!?
Sponsored