First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its a base NON SAS model. Hitachi. I have a spacer lift that I want to add but need to know if it is considered "stock" as far as sterring angles and cv joints ect.
It will be just outside of stock, but not enough that I would expect any failures, unless you are off-roading more aggressively than most.

I wouldn't recommend anything more than a 2" spacer lift on a non-Sasquatch Bronco. I have a Zone 4" lift kit for a non-Sasquatch Bronco at my house that I am getting rid of. I believe that it is a combination of 2" spacer lift and a 2" perch lift. The reason for the hybrid approach is specifically not to bring the front end too far out of spec. I only got the kit to get the UCAs out of it.

What size tire are you planning to run?
Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will be just outside of stock, but not enough that I would expect any failures, unless you are off-roading more aggressively than most.

I wouldn't recommend anything more than a 2" spacer lift on a non-Sasquatch Bronco. I have a Zone 4" lift kit for a non-Sasquatch Bronco at my house that I am getting rid of. I believe that it is a combination of 2" spacer lift and a 2" perch lift. The reason for the hybrid approach is specifically not to bring the front end too far out of spec. I only got the kit to get the UCAs out of it.

What size tire are you planning to run?
Thanks for the reply!

I have oem badlands wheels and tires, 285/70x17 KO2. Zone UCA's, rear adj track bar and spacer kit. I wish to go with adj coilovers but can not afford that for a few years. I just want to lift it for now with the parts I have now. I have steering bushings and new tie rods and wonder if I need to upgrade the rack as well. cant afford the rack cap now.

Last edited:

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HI
FOR ME THE QUESTION IS: WHY FORD decided to sell the BADLAND 2024 SASQUASH with the HOSS3.0 STERING RACK if there was no problem with the Hoss 2.0. ? as an example the famous differential locks like ARB, TRUE TRACK, AUBURN, GLEASON TORSEN, YUKON, I BROKEN THEM ALL. The only one that survived was the DETROIT LOCKER, BUT THEN IT WAS THE AXLES that broke.
But I was doing MUD DRAG. SO, if we want to do really difficult trail running I have to invest a lot of $$$. The choice you pay before OR AFTER OR you calm down.
TRACKTOY

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know you weren't asking me: I have 2 2023 Badlands 2 door I did a 3" body lift and modified my bumpers to match.
I do plan on running atleast the 3.0 steering at some point. I run Hutchison wheels and 37 inch swampers off highway and stay stock on road. My typical trail is a 6-7. I did snap an axle at waldens ridge which is a 8- 9 trail depending on who you ask. I've had no steering issue that I see but I baby it and never use force to turn it be cause I do believe running a setup that is over #100 heavier than stock and hitting muddy rocks is living on borrowed time. I try to always unlock to adjust steering angles unless it just isn't going. I try obstacles 3 times before pulling line.

Don't know if this helps but hope it does!!
What weight is your tire and wheel setup and what wheel offset are you running? I am a total newbie so I don't have a clue where the limits are. I am not sure it is even recommended for Badlands to do 7 trails in stock Sasquatch form. Can you explain the "unlock to adjust steering angles" and "3 times before pulling line". I am totally new so don't even know what these things mean.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What weight is your tire and wheel setup and what wheel offset are you running? I am a total newbie so I don't have a clue where the limits are. I am not sure it is even recommended for Badlands to do 7 trails in stock Sasquatch form. Can you explain the "unlock to adjust steering angles" and "3 times before pulling line". I am totally new so don't even know what these things mean.
SX2-8537x12.00-17371279 lb1029/32104BSW101037.2012.2653640Yes

Spec Sheet61075WA-253417 x 8.50.954 in38.4 lb / 17.4 kg2300 lb @ 80 psi [1043.3 kq @ 5.52 bar]5.87 inFord Bronco6H x 5.5"In-Stock
So, the top is my swamper sx2 tire at #79. The bottom is the Rock monster wheels at #38. Add in two pounds of balance beads per wheel and viola. I unlock the Front and sometimes rear locker when turning for an adjustment to the line I'm taking. I attempt an obstacle 3 times before I pull out the winch line and use recovery assistance.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

HI
FOR ME THE QUESTION IS: WHY FORD decided to sell the BADLAND 2024 SASQUASH with the HOSS3.0 STERING RACK if there was no problem with the Hoss 2.0. ? as an example the famous differential locks like ARB, TRUE TRACK, AUBURN, GLEASON TORSEN, YUKON, I BROKEN THEM ALL. The only one that survived was the DETROIT LOCKER, BUT THEN IT WAS THE AXLES that broke.
But I was doing MUD DRAG. SO, if we want to do really difficult trail running I have to invest a lot of $$$. The choice you pay before OR AFTER OR you calm down.
TRACKTOY
It is funny but the only time I have ever broken parts was when I was "mudding" and I have grenaded transmissions, twisted drive shafts, shatered u joints and CVs, on and on and on.... I hate Mud.

Edit, well not quite the only place but it is by far the most common denominator. (for me)

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is funny but the only time I have ever broken parts was when I was "mudding" and I have grenaded transmissions, twisted drive shafts, shatered u joints and CVs, on and on and on.... I hate Mud.

Edit, well not quite the only place but it is by far the most common denominator. (for me)
Mud is the debil! I avoid as much as possible, but yes, I've destroyed a lot more stuff in mud than on rocks...

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
SX2-8537x12.00-17371279 lb1029/32104BSW101037.2012.2653640Yes

Spec Sheet61075WA-253417 x 8.50.954 in38.4 lb / 17.4 kg2300 lb @ 80 psi [1043.3 kq @ 5.52 bar]5.87 inFord Bronco6H x 5.5"In-Stock
So, the top is my swamper sx2 tire at #79. The bottom is the Rock monster wheels at #38. Add in two pounds of balance beads per wheel and viola. I unlock the Front and sometimes rear locker when turning for an adjustment to the line I'm taking. I attempt an obstacle 3 times before I pull out the winch line and use recovery assistance.
I understand, that is a good rule to have. Now I need to get a winch installed. The most difficult trail in my area here in Virginia is Potts Mountain and it is like a solid 7 trail. Even 37s will have a tough time here and you will def risk scratching your underbody somewhere if attempting 35s. As long as you stay on the main trail it is a 7; however some more difficult parts are probably 10s.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand, that is a good rule to have. Now I need to get a winch installed. The most difficult trail in my area here in Virginia is Potts Mountain and it is like a solid 7 trail. Even 37s will have a tough time here and you will def risk scratching your underbody somewhere if attempting 35s. As long as you stay on the main trail it is a 7; however some more difficult parts are probably 10s.
I turtle my badlands a lot, trick is knowing what is OK and what isn't.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mud is the debil! I avoid as much as possible, but yes, I've destroyed a lot more stuff in mud than on rocks...
mud has cohesive strength whereas ordinary soil or “dirt” does not. To the tune of >10 psi. Get your 37+ tires embedded many inches into that stuff and you can easily add hundreds of pounds of resisting force to the wheels. I think maybe there is enough scientific evidence to prove it is the debil. 😂

lamokadave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
HI
TRACKTOY
Is it for certain that all 2024 Badlands 4 door with SaS come with the HOSS 3.0?
I assume that the 2025 will as well. Does that also include the Fox shocks or are those reserved for the Raptor?
Sponsored