Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Changed the oil but the new style plug from amazon is leaking. And yes, it’s in correctly. Bought more oil and a Ronin plug that will be here tomorrow. Assuming it will take 5 quarts to fill again? Anyone down this road before me?
Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must be a 2.7? I did one oil change without a new filter on my 2.3 because I had a 20k filter. It was barely any difference, 1/2 quart maybe.

OP
OP
f1loco

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup 2.7 on wife’s. Dislike the plug but love the filter access. Mine is a 2.3 and hate changing the filter but plug is no issue. No change from my Tremor on accessing the filter. What was Ford thinking?

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup 2.7 on wife’s. Dislike the plug but love the filter access. Mine is a 2.3 and hate changing the filter but plug is no issue. No change from my Tremor on accessing the filter. What was Ford thinking?
The last time I did it I had the bright idea of removing the filter while the pan was still draining to save time. I ended up wearing most of it as it flooded down the plastic channel.

There are several 2.3 filter relocation options on the market, I've debated trying one.
Sponsored