First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The bronco has one live axle, best of both worlds. What this video really proves is that Jeremey, James and Richard are so much better. Clarkson would have ran over both cars with a tank after Hammond rolled the Jimny and May sunk the the Duster.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Didn't see much in that that most AWD cars couldn't get through.

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Eh, I would probably still rather have the Duster. I fell in love with both cars in Iceland.

OP
OP

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Eh, I would probably still rather have the Duster. I fell in love with both cars in Iceland.
ha! I went to Iceland last year! My wife reserved a Jimny but of course they didn't have one available. We ended up with a Duster. Never even heard of one before but it was cool for a rental. I do like the square look of the Jimny though. The Duster was also that first manual trans car I've driven with autostart stop too. Kinda weird.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ha! I went to Iceland last year! My wife reserved a Jimny but of course they didn't have one available. We ended up with a Duster. Never even heard of one before but it was cool for a rental. I do like the square look of the Jimny though. The Duster was also that first manual trans car I've driven with autostart stop too. Kinda weird.
Duster of another generation.

OP
OP

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sure is!! I like that one better!

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last time I was in the UK, we had a manual with auto stop/start and I really liked it (the stop/start... not the car). I'm not positive, but as I recall the stop was tied to putting the car in neutral and letting the clutch out and restarted as soon as the car was back in gear. We'd been driving the car for a few hours before we came to a long traffic stop and suddenly the rental had just died on us. At least until the driver put it back in gear.
I'm hoping the Bronco manual will have it with an option to do a one time disable.

Our vehicle in the UK was a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, or as I called it, the Tartan Prancer.
Ford Bronco OK. This proves it! Citroen-Grand-C4-Picasso

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last time I was in the UK, we had a manual with auto stop/start and I really liked it (the stop/start... not the car). I'm not positive, but as I recall the stop was tied to putting the car in neutral and letting the clutch out and restarted as soon as the car was back in gear. We'd been driving the car for a few hours before we came to a long traffic stop and suddenly the rental had just died on us. At least until the driver put it back in gear.
I'm hoping the Bronco manual will have it with an option to do a one time disable.

Our vehicle in the UK was a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, or as I called it, the Tartan Prancer.
I bought a new economy car here in the USA a few months ago. Has manual transmission, no stop/start, and real lever actuated parking brake. Even has something called a key, lol. Simple vehicle - liking it. The vehicle already sips gasoline, so I'm ok without the stop/start, didn't care for that feature on my rentals.

Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Looks like what a 2020 Chevy Lumina APV might have looked like

OP
OP

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

On the Dacia is was tied to being in neutral and letting the clutch pedal out. Probably linked to the neutral safety switch. As soon as I started to press the clutch pedal the car turned back on. The brakes also held the car on hills. That is actually not a bad thing. I don't care about the start stop at all though.
Sponsored