Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's been sunny and high 70's the past three days here, so I thought it's a perfect time to take the top off and try the doors. Watched the ford videos and I owned a JKU so I am a subject matter expert! (ehh) removal is easy and I used the rubber door pad in the kit followed to a t. removal 10/10..

Since my bronco build was pushed back a couple of times my dealer was able to throw in free door bags, otherwise I would not have bought them. The price is ridiculous 400-500 for the whole set!?

reinstallation 5/10: If you don't have the bags, I can see this being more difficult. The bags add another layer of protection and better handles to grab the doors. When taking the doors off utilizing the bags I was able to gently set the door down reposition my grip and zip the bag up. without you would have to have a spot ready to walk over to or use your foot. I said earlier the bag was another layer of protection, because the hinges are inside unlike the wrangler you can leave the bag overhanging the door a little and when you're attempting to find the small square nut the door and frame hits a little.

Thus, if you're on the fence with these bags, take it from me, try and grab a set especially at a better price. I am surprised another company hasn't released them yet.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, and I had no intention of attempting removal/installation until I got some. I haven't used mine yet, but I just took delivery recently of a 2 door set from Ruxer:

Ford Bronco Opinion: Door bags are a must 1652447571442

Might be worth pricing up a 4 door set there as well.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed, and I had no intention of attempting removal/installation until I got some. I haven't used mine yet, but I just took delivery recently of a 2 door set from Ruxer:

Again, you could ask me a day after placing my reservation i would have laughed it off, But when i actually used them i'm glad I got a set.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you happen to find / use the little included "guide pin" for the lower door hinge? I found it in the tool bag AFTER I removed / reinstalled the doors.

Kcmojoe76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually ordered the storage bags when I ordered my Bronco. When I got my Bronco, the storage bags were missing. The Dealer quickly rectified it, and got my storage bags to me a couple weeks later.

What I don't understand, is how come they did not come with the retention harness for strapping down in the back of the bronco? Am I just missing another part, or did this have to be a separate order?

Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I actually ordered the storage bags when I ordered my Bronco. When I got my Bronco, the storage bags were missing. The Dealer quickly rectified it, and got my storage bags to me a couple weeks later.

What I don't understand, is how come they did not come with the retention harness for strapping down in the back of the bronco? Am I just missing another part, or did this have to be a separate order?
There are 2 types of bags. Garage and Onboard with Harness. Hopefully you got the right ones you were thinking you would get.

Kcmojoe76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 2 types of bags. Garage and Onboard with Harness. Hopefully you got the right ones you were thinking you would get.
I would assume mine are the onboard since they have the diagram on the bag as to which door goes in which bag, and which order they need to be stored onboard. The doors are off and currently loaded in the back of my bronco, but not strapped down as I do not have the harness. I asked the dealership about it and they said they would get back to me.

Not sure if it is a big issue until I go off-roading. As of right now the doors fit back there pretty snug and do not seem to move or rub at all while driving on the road.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been waiting for @Mabett or somebody to sell a knockoff set of door bags. At that price maybe I should just get them. I did get my 42k points back after cancelling my ESP.

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would assume mine are the onboard since they have the diagram on the bag as to which door goes in which bag, and which order they need to be stored onboard. The doors are off and currently loaded in the back of my bronco, but not strapped down as I do not have the harness. I asked the dealership about it and they said they would get back to me.

Not sure if it is a big issue until I go off-roading. As of right now the doors fit back there pretty snug and do not seem to move or rub at all while driving on the road.
@Kcmojoe76 I was wondering the same thing about the strap to hold the doors. It didn't come with my door bags and I don't even see it as a separate option when I go to the Ford accessories page. I was going to call the dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know if I find out anything. If you do, please let me know.

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Kcmojoe76 I was wondering the same thing about the strap to hold the doors. It didn't come with my door bags and I don't even see it as a separate option when I go to the Ford accessories page. I was going to call the dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know if I find out anything. If you do, please let me know.
The harness + on vehicle storage bags had to be purchased as an accessory option during the initial order of your car. You wont find that specific option on the accessory website, but Ruxer does have both the bags and harness available. The harness unfortunately is ~$600 on its own if you donā€™t purchase it alongside the vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The harness + on vehicle storage bags had to be purchased as an accessory option during the initial order of your car. You wont find that specific option on the accessory website, but Ruxer does have both the bags and harness available. The harness unfortunately is ~$600 on its own if you donā€™t purchase it alongside the vehicle.
Looking at the video I think a simple trip to Lowe's or depot for the eye bolts and a couple straps would be just fine?

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking at the video I think a simple trip to Lowe's or depot for the eye bolts and a couple straps would be just fine?
Iā€™ve loaded up my doors in the back using the harness about half a dozen times by now. The harness is a bit over-engineered, but it really does lock down the doors when theyā€™re all in there. The latches, straps, and strap tensioners are very heavy duty.

That being said, you could use some basic eye bolts into the roll bar where the holes are, as well as ratchet straps and probably get away with it? Youā€™d need like 4 straps. I was considering going that route until I sourced a harness.

Frankly I feel safer about my doors using the ford harness than I would using ratchet straps. If you try it out report back on how well it works! Iā€™m curious to know.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve loaded up my doors in the back using the harness about half a dozen times by now. The harness is a bit over-engineered, but it really does lock down the doors when theyā€™re all in there. The latches, straps, and strap tensioners are very heavy duty.

That being said, you could use some basic eye bolts into the roll bar where the holes are, as well as ratchet straps and probably get away with it? Youā€™d need like 4 straps. I was considering going that route until I sourced a harness.

Frankly I feel safer about my doors using the ford harness than I would using ratchet straps. If you try it out report back on how well it works! Iā€™m curious to know.
I'mma pass
I have no need to haul my doors inside my bronco. Alternatively use bungees? I'd bungee or strap two together once inside then another two bungee creating the X

Kcmojoe76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased them as an accessory option during the initial order. Got my bags but no straps.

Kcmojoe76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will let you know what I find out. I am going to follow up with the dealership this week.
Sponsored