Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is this the bottom or end of the on board storage bag?

A3493554-EADB-4D72-8CFD-0F8AF6B48645.jpeg

It doesn't look like that is as padded as this:
PXL_20220516_142431439.jpg
Yes the black part is one of the reenforced corner.
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have no idea, but a friend of mine has the bags designed to be stored in the vehicle. I'm going to try and swing by his place to compare them. Will let you know once I do. If anyone else can chime in on this topic, please do.

Wanted to follow up on thisā€¦.did you ever compare the two?

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wanted to follow up on thisā€¦.did you ever compare the two?
I have not but am seeing my friends on Thursday as we're heading to Off Roadeo so will take a look at them and report back.

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have not but am seeing my friends on Thursday as we're heading to Off Roadeo so will take a look at them and report back.
So I finally got a look at the door bags that are designed to store the doors in the back of the Bronco. There are not may differences. The couple differences I noticed are:
1. The door bags for storing in the back of the Bronco are made of a nylon material on the outside. The other one's are made of a pleather material.
2. Both sets of door bags offer the equivalent amount of covering/ protection for the doors, however, the garage door storage bags have additional padding at the bottom that the other door bags don't have.
3. The door bags for storing in the back of the Bronco have some clips designed to work with the cables to hold the doors in place in the back that the garage bags don't have.

Below are pics of both. The first three are of the garage door storage bags and the other two are of the one's for storing the doors in the back of the Bronco. After seeing both, I still don't understand why both were made and why the one's for storing in the back of the Bronco can't be purchased. Hope this helps.

Ford Bronco Opinion: Door bags are a must PXL_20220516_142325392

Ford Bronco Opinion: Door bags are a must PXL_20220516_142409479

PXL_20220516_142431439.jpg

PXL_20220604_175638200.jpg

PXL_20220604_175648695.MP.jpg

Last edited:

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m still holding out hope for some aftermarket bags. Iā€™m not dropping $450 for these.

Sponsored

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I finally got a look at the door bags that are designed to store the doors in the back of the Bronco. There are not may differences. The couple differences I noticed are:
1. The door bags for storing in the back of the Bronco are made of a nylon material on the outside. The other one's are made of a pleather material.
2. Both sets of door bags offer the equivalent amount of covering/ protection for the doors, however, the garage door storage bags have additional padding at the bottom that the other door bags don't have.
3. The door bags for storing in the back of the Bronco have some clips designed to work with the cables to hold the doors in place in the back that the garage bags don't have.

Below are pics of both. The first three are of the garage door storage bags and the other two are of the one's for storing the doors in the back of the Bronco. After seeing both, I still don't understand why both were made and why the one's for storing in the back of the Bronco can't be purchased. Hope this helps.

Ford Bronco Opinion: Door bags are a must PXL_20220604_175648695.MP

Thanks for sharing your thoughts coryfg. Based on your comments it sounds like the on board bags would be fine setting on concrete lutiple times without wearing out? That's my concern is that without the extra padding the bottom of the on board bags will wear out more quickly.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Contrasting opinion: They're not a must if you never plan to take your doors off ;)

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your thoughts coryfg. Based on your comments it sounds like the on board bags would be fine setting on concrete lutiple times without wearing out? That's my concern is that without the extra padding the bottom of the on board bags will wear out more quickly.
Mike, yes I would agree with that. If I had the option, I would've gone with the bags that can attach in the trunk.

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mike, yes I would agree with that. If I had the option, I would've gone with the bags that can attach in the trunk.
I know it's been a couple months since you posted the comparison pics of the two different types of bags, but curious if you recall how thick the padding was at the bottom of the garage storage bag?

Did it seem like it would actually offer any protection against sitting the thing down on concrete?

I've considered repurposing pool noodles cut open like a hotdog bun put along the bottom edge of the doors as a DIY solution until an adequately padded after market solution presents itself. If Ford's garage bags have plenty of padding, maybe I'll just go that route.

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On one of my bags the handle tore off the bag the first time I used it. So please be careful and take into account that it can happen. Luckily I was carrying it from multiple points.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ME3iON

Outer Banks
First Name
Rhyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang, 2011 Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Thank you for the pictures. You clarified this door bag confusion. I guess the only question now is: how can we buy the On bord bags so we can remove the doors of our Bronco where ever we drive our vehicle? Thanks in advance

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for the pictures. You clarified this door bag confusion. I guess the only question now is: how can we buy the On bord bags so we can remove the doors of our Bronco where ever we drive our vehicle? Thanks in advance
I haven't found a way to yet. If you find a way, please let me know. Along the same lines, Ford makes bags to store doors and hardtop panels but morning for windows on soft tops, but Mabbett does and they did a nice job. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y575X3G?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Sponsored