First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spoke with Ford marketing today. Inquiring about how much time one has to place an actual order after the process begins and reply was ambiguous in that I was told it was up to the dealer and if you didn’t order with their specified timeframe then you’d be forfeiting your reservation to them and they’d be able to order stock. Anyone associated with a dealer that can explain this?
Sponsored

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoke with Ford marketing today. Inquiring about how much time one has to place an actual order after the process begins and reply was ambiguous in that I was told it was up to the dealer and if you didn’t order with their specified timeframe then you’d be forfeiting your reservation to them and they’d be able to order stock. Anyone associated with a dealer that can explain this?
When the ordering opens up and we can put them in the system...

Probably late October/November...

You will have some time to order once Ford lets you know in December...

If the dealership does not contact you or you do not contact the dealer the order is forfeited and the $100 goes away...

We are currently in the order process on the Bronco Sport and there are dealers that have not contacted the customer and the customer has no idea of what to do...

Call the dealership or go to a dealership that is proactive and customer centered..

OP
OP
Skunk Ape

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why I’m asking. Seems like an option for dealers to get stock and then mark them up by bypassing the reservation process.

Sponsored

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why I’m asking. Seems like an option for dealers to get stock and then mark them up by bypassing the reservation process.
Agreed, I'm a little worried about a dealers trying to screw people out of their Broncos. Seems like a loophole. If that happened to me, I'd go crazy... Really hope not.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You really think there's that many people that are going to just forget about a $100 deposit and let it pass without contacting their dealer if they don't hear from them?

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a friend with a sport reservation and he reached out to the dealer because he hadn’t heard anything. After 2 days they got back to him and said it was at least two more weeks before sport orders would be placed?!?!?!
Does this sound right?

OP
OP
Skunk Ape

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You really think there's that many people that are going to just forget about a $100 deposit and let it pass without contacting their dealer if they don't hear from them?
That’s not what I’m saying. I’m asking what is the period for which a person is required to submit an order before the dealer can forfeit the reservation. Ford was very ambiguous and claiming it’s completely in the hands of the dealer. What’s to stop a dealer from determining that period is a day or a week or other. Chances are not every person will know exactly when the order banks open up. That’s obvious by the constant barrage of questions that keep asking the same exact thing.
Sponsored