Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never received an email from Ford when I made changes to my order. Only a confirmation email when the reservation was initially converted and the order placed.

Can you post a pic of the order preview sheet that your dealer sent you?

Your reservation info on your Ford account does not change when you order or change your order. Instead the status will change to In Store Order. Did your dealer provide you with a new DORA when you changed?

Also, dealers are not required to disclose allocations. Those that do so are providing a better level of customer service.

And lastly, Ford stopped allowing dealer switches months ago. There have been rumors of this being allowed again when MY22 order opens up but not confirmed.
My only order was the BL 2.7 soft top SAS. My reservation was the WT but I never ordered that due to the MIC issues. I havenā€™t changed anything on my order since I went in and placed it. Never have received any communication from Ford via email and I only have an order summary and deposit receipt from the dealer. Their manager called Ford Monday to confirm my order and was told of a software issue and they would submit as soon as fixed. That was this Monday.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Their manager called Ford Monday to confirm my order and was told of a software issue and they would submit as soon as fixed. That was this Monday.
Went back and reread your post and see that you just reserved earlier this month and are trying to place an order. Supposedly the MY21 order banks are closed and no new orders can be placed until the MY22 banks open up this Fall. Existing orders can still be changed.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve also tried Ford chat with my reservation number- no help at all. They keep saying talk with your dealership. Well- I have- numerous times and they have no fā€™ing clue why my order isnā€™t confirmed. Itā€™s really frustrating. All I want is a confirmed order!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went back and reread your post and see that you just reserved earlier this month and are trying to place an order. Supposedly the MY21 order banks are closed and no new orders can be placed until the MY22 banks open up this Fall. Existing orders can still be changed.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m hoping. I donā€™t understand why Ford is saying ā€œsoftware issueā€ to the dealer. Just tell me the actual deal!

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m hoping. I donā€™t understand why Ford is saying ā€œsoftware issueā€ to the dealer. Just tell me the actual deal!
I actually think Fordā€™s site was down for everyone at one point on Monday. There were posts on the forum of people saying their cars and vins were no longer showing up. There were memes running around this site joking that Ford just cancelled the whole thing since they canā€™t actually build the damn thing.

(I think that was monday? Itā€™s been a long week)

Sponsored

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, dealers are not required to disclose allocations. Those that do so are providing a better level of customer service.
If a dealer is unable to give me a VIN or build date then I don't purchase the vehicle. All manufacturers are different but they all know their allocations at least once a month. So if I order a vehicle and cannot get my allocation from the dealer within 28 days I would cancel. It's important to let them know this in advance to let them know not to waste your time.

Same goes with the holdback amount (normally 2%-4%), invoice, freight cost, how long vehicle has been on the lot, and every single dealer incentive.

The dealers are required to give me all that information and much more if they expect me to purchase from them. If they choose not to then I walk. I do not play games when it comes to my hard earned cash.

All that being said and in full disclosure, I am holding out right now. The dealers are in the drivers seat and it's a sellers market. The only power I have by refusing to play games is to walk. And in this market right now it's nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders and the dealer laughing at me as the door hit's me in the butt on the way out.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never received an email from Ford when I made changes to my order. Only a confirmation email when the reservation was initially converted and the order placed.

Can you post a pic of the order preview sheet that your dealer sent you?

Your reservation info on your Ford account does not change when you order or change your order. Instead the status will change to In Store Order. Did your dealer provide you with a new DORA when you changed?

And lastly, Ford stopped allowing dealer switches months ago. There have been rumors of this being allowed again when MY22 order opens up but not confirmed.
Well said.

When orders are changed, a new email confirmation is *not* generated and the Ford.com profile is *not* (typically) updated.

If the incorrect order was submitted initially but they updated it, there is no way the consumer can verify.

The only way is through the dealer supplying a copy of the order.

Many people have already mentioned the DORA. That is the older system. The new system is WBDO.

It is likely your dealer will know what you mean by saying DORAā€¦ but if they used WBDO to submit your order, it might be worth while requesting the WBDO Order Summary specifically.

Hereā€™s what it should look like:

Ford Bronco Order Preview = Actually Ordered? 1629336367863

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If a dealer is unable to give me a VIN or build date then I don't purchase the vehicle.
Cool. But when ordering a Bronco it is impossible for a dealer to give either. Maybe in 2 more years but certainly not now.

I do not play games when it comes to my hard earned cash.

All that being said and in full disclosure, I am holding out right now. The dealers are in the drivers seat and it's a sellers market. The only power I have by refusing to play games is to walk.
Good for you. Me and a couple other guys thought the same but instead of shrugging our shoulders and walking way we negotiated a below invoice deal for us and 400+ people. And yes, we know exactly how many allocations our dealer has.

Last edited:

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well said.

When orders are changed, a new email confirmation is *not* generated and the Ford.com profile is *not* (typically) updated.

If the incorrect order was submitted initially but they updated it, there is no way the consumer can verify.

Many people have already mentioned the DORA. That is the older system. The new system is WBDO.

It is likely your dealer will know what you mean by saying DORAā€¦ but if they used WBDO to submit your order, it might be worth while requesting the WBDO Order Summary specifically.

I asked my dealer for the WBDO and was told Ford had not accepted my order yet, so they didnā€™t have one. We agreed to use the WBDO as our price guarantee- no ADM. Does this sound feasible?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1629336367863.png
I have a feeling the "preview sheet" that the dealer sent him is actually his DORA, thus my request for him to post a pic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JimCA

JimCA

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well said.

Ah this post completely solves the riddle. Seems like all is well, many thanks!

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good for you. Me and a couple other guys thought the same but instead of shrugging our shoulders and walking way we negotiated a below invoice deal for us and 400+ people. And yes, we know exactly how many allocations our dealer has.
That is fantastic!! Good on ya'!! I missed the boat. No big deal I'm patiently watching and waiting for the 4wd of my liking.

Cool. But when ordering a Bronco it is impossible for a dealer to give either. Maybe in 2 more years but certainly not now.
That is very strange. This is the first I have heard this. My wife's father has special ordered a few vehicles over the years and had a VIN number and build date within the month of order. I wonder if it's because of these crazy times?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is very strange. This is the first I have heard this. My wife's father has special ordered a few vehicles over the years and had a VIN number and build date within the month of order. I wonder if it's because of these crazy times?
I now see that you just joined. Man, you have a lot of catching up to do. Be sure to tune in tomorrow as Thursdays are when Ford sends out emails to people letting them know their order has been scheduled and a VIN has been issued. It's a lot like Willy Wonka handing out golden tickets.

OP
OP
JimCA

JimCA

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a feeling the "preview sheet" that the dealer sent him is actually his DORA, thus my request for him to post a pic.
Spot on, thank you BlueBronco! Sorry for the late response, work meetings and dinner getting in the way of my bronco-obsessing.

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I now see that you just joined. Man, you have a lot of catching up to do. Be sure to tune in tomorrow as Thursdays are when Ford sends out emails to people letting them know their order has been scheduled and a VIN has been issued. It's a lot like Willy Wonka handing out golden tickets.
Right on and thank you Sir. Yes, my Wife inherited a cabin up in the mountains and I'm at the age where the motorcycling off road is a lot less.

The last year we have been saving for a real 4wd body on frame with low range. So I'm checking out the 4Runner and Bronco forums to see what owners have to say about their rigs and provide input from an "outsiders" point of view. My best friend has owned a few wranglers so I know how they are in capability.

Right now it's a waiting game as I'm not in the position (nor willing) to lay out the cash dealers are getting right now.
Sponsored