Sponsored

Ordered 2024 Bronco - Should I switch dealers?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you both for the feedback. Any recommendations for how to get another dealership to sign a purchase agreement before transferring the order to them?

Or any recommendations for dealerships in the Southwest that are reputable and have signed purchase agreements? Thanks again for the help!
Not a single dealer in the state would do a purchase agreement on an ordered vehicle. Every one said they couldn't do one without a VIN, and had no idea what the taxes and fees would be in the future.

At a minimum, have someone sign a copy of your DORA.

As others have said, Ford does not (normally) do price protection across model years. They made an exception for Some Broncos bought by Some People, and some Mavericks.

Retail price protection within a model year is SOP, and Ford has been doing that for decades.

And the order belongs to the dealer. Can't be moved. Not even a Bronco thing. If you ordered a Mustang or Escape you couldn't move it either.
Sponsored

Shoe

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered a 2024 Badlands with the 2.3L and a manual for the 2024 model year after the banks opened on the 16th. This is my first new vehicle, and after reading the old FAQ for 2023 MY orders on the Ford website recommending signing a purchase agreement at order, I asked my dealer about signing a purchase agreement.

They're giving me the runaround, saying that Ford is no longer offering price protection. They've said there won't be any ADMs on my Bronco, but I obviously want it in writing.

My thinking is, I should probably switch my order to another dealership that's willing to sign a purchase agreement. I've talked to a few other dealerships in my area, but I'm hearing the same thing: They don't want to commit to a price until after the truck is delivered. Any advice on finding a dealer who will actually sign a purchase agreement? I'm in Southern California, and I'm more than willing to travel or have the truck shipped later. I'm also more than willing to wait for the Bronco I want. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Purchased mine online in 2021, never found out how but my order was picked up by Paduka Ford in Paduka Kentucky. They were more than accommodating and did not mark up the vehicle over list. Arranged for Delivery in Richardson Texas, where I lived at the time. The dealership did all the title work and licensing, again without markup. I'd tell your dealer to pound sand! If Ford still allows online orders, I'd suggest that route. Best of luck, I love my Bronco! Get the hardtop!!!!

Drizz

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW X7, 2020 Porsche 911 CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got mine at Gosch Ford in Hemet. They won’t mark up an order.

Also worth noting, I’ve ordered many cars from many different manufacturers over the years and NONE have ever given me a purchase agreement. I typically walk out with nothing more than a printed copy of my build that I could have printed myself on the dealer’s website. Best I ever got was a build number/code from one manufacturer so I could track the build online. In every case whatever I negotiated was honored at time of delivery.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a 2024 Badlands with the 2.3L and a manual for the 2024 model year after the banks opened on the 16th. This is my first new vehicle, and after reading the old FAQ for 2023 MY orders on the Ford website recommending signing a purchase agreement at order, I asked my dealer about signing a purchase agreement.

They're giving me the runaround, saying that Ford is no longer offering price protection. They've said there won't be any ADMs on my Bronco, but I obviously want it in writing.

My thinking is, I should probably switch my order to another dealership that's willing to sign a purchase agreement. I've talked to a few other dealerships in my area, but I'm hearing the same thing: They don't want to commit to a price until after the truck is delivered. Any advice on finding a dealer who will actually sign a purchase agreement? I'm in Southern California, and I'm more than willing to travel or have the truck shipped later. I'm also more than willing to wait for the Bronco I want. Thanks for all your help in advance.
I ordered a Tremor at X-Plan from a big dealer off the 10 just east of you before COVID. It was a good experience and all verbal so my daughter ordered a Bronco Sport at X-Plan from them. It comes in and has a Lux package that Ford stopped offering. They wouldn't honor X-Plan, wanted to add a bunch of junk, and ADM. We fought and settled at MSRP without all the extras. I will never do business with those clowns again. If that's your dealer, place another order someplace else.

Try Kearny Mesa down in San Diego. They're probably a little over an hour from you, are on this board, and will give you an e-mail stating the deal. We've ordered two vehicles from them now and both deals were effortless and exactly what they said.

Do they still have available allocation? I have no idea.
Sponsored