First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does the "Ordering with dealer" and the green icon mean? That showed up on my Ford page last Thursday. Hadn't seen it before.
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The insinuation on 6g has been if you don’t have a signed “DORA” as opposed to a signed Order Summary (pictured above), then you are a dumb ass and much too trusting of a soul for this cold harsh world.

More than one person has been excoriated for not having the holy grail of legally binding order documents…….the DORA.

I know I felt a bit of shame For being one of the dumb asses that only had a signed, non-binding Order sheet.

Does anyone have a signed magically delicious copy of a DORA we can see in contrast that they can post?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does the "Ordering with dealer" and the green icon mean? That showed up on my Ford page last Thursday. Hadn't seen it before.
There’s a big thread on it… just an aesthetic update they did on the webpage… doesn’t mean anything.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The insinuation on 6g has been if you don’t have a signed “DORA” as opposed to a signed Order Summary (pictured above), then you are a dumb ass and much too trusting of a soul for this cold harsh world.

More than one person has been excoriated for not having the holy grail of legally binding order documents…….the DORA.

I know I felt a bit of shame For being one of the dumb asses that only had a signed, non-binding Order sheet.

Does anyone have a signed magically delicious copy of a DORA we can see in contrast that they can post?
Quick image search of the forum pulled this up. Dora on the left.

Ford Bronco Ordering a DORA 1628631926174

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not only do I have a signed DORA with a note about my trade-in value of my current vehicle, but I also have a Vehicle Purchase Agreement with all the info and signatures as well.

Please see above post about my paranoia.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick image search of the forum pulled this up. Dora on the left.

Well, the DORA (on the left) doesn’t look much different than the order sheet……minus each individual computer code being shown.

Since virtually no one, I presume even most Bronco Sales reps, would know what all those codes are (absent the plane language description accompanying them) without a secret squirrel Captain Crunch decoder ring, then I would suggest the signed order summary would suffice. Whew….I was worried for a bit that I had been taken to the cleaners.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not only do I have a signed DORA with a note about my trade-in value of my current vehicle, but I also have a Vehicle Purchase Agreement with all the info and signatures as well.

Please see above post about my paranoia.
Well, I have a signed order summary like the one posted above, and I looked at a man across the table from me in the eye and shook his hand in agreement. Now, that may not be legally binding but, if that man that shook my hand and placed his John Handcock on that paper tries any shady shit on delivery day……one of us is going to get an ass-whooping. That’ll have to be good enough.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I have a signed order summary like the one posted above, and I looked at a man across the table from me in the eye and shook his hand in agreement. Now, that may not be legally binding but, if that man that shook my hand and placed his John Handcock on that paper tries any shady shit on delivery day……one of us is going to get an ass-whooping. That’ll have to be good enough.
No Bronco and you’re getting your ass kicked? That sounds like an awful day… :LOL:

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No Bronco and you’re getting your ass kicked? That sounds like an awful day… :LOL:
That would indeed be an awful day. Good thing where I’m from People generally don’t have to consider taking taking a lawyer to buy a car……hopefully it never comes to that.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So talked to both my dealer and my father (retired Ford employee). They both basically confirmed what @ZackDanger said.

DORA is the confirmation from Ford’s old ordering system called CONCEPS—and the printout looks like it came from a 1980s computer system with a dot matrix printer. CONCEPS has been around in one form or another for a very long time... back in the day it was all fax based.

The new ordering system is called WBDO. WBDO orders are usually preferred for customer retail orders (our orders) because the system strives to be easier to use, and the printouts WBDO produces are in plain english rather than a cryptic matrix of order and option codes. WBDO orders do link back to the same core ordering system that CONCEPS links to. So confirmation from WBDO is essentially the same thing as a DORA from CONCEPS.

My dealer uses WBDO for all orders except for fleet orders. I asked why and he said there are certain limitations in WBDO, and the fleet managers he has as customers are just used to the old CONCEPS system.

Sponsored

JBrew

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3, 2021 Area 51 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Incinr8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Dodge Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooo.. Did we decide that the paper with " Preview Order" varifies an order was placed?

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, “DORA” is the old system, your dealer may be utilizing WBDO… if they input an order (into WBDO), they can print off the summary and provide it to you.

They don’t need anything back from Ford. It’s all accessible in the dealer’s side of the system.

Here is what mine looks like:

What is the significance of "Order Code" and "Price Level"?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the significance of "Order Code" and "Price Level"?
The "Order Code" is your order number at *your* dealer. It is unique to your dealer, but not across all dealers.

The "Price Level" represents what version of the pricing was when that order was placed. So any time something is tweaked... like prices go up, or features are added as standard (so their cost goes to $0) etc, a new "price level" is created.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The "Order Code" is your order number at *your* dealer. It is unique to your dealer, but not across all dealers.

The "Price Level" represents what version of the pricing was when that order was placed. So any time something is tweaked... like prices go up, or features are added as standard (so their cost goes to $0) etc, a new "price level" is created.
Thanks for the info!
Sponsored