Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! I agree on the 33’s and how they look. At the stop here in Omaha, most thought the Badlands they had there were Sasquatch. The stock 33’s give an aggressive stance, and serve the purpose of daily driver (I’m an outside sales guy). I was on the fence on MGV, mainly due to the unknown of how hot they are going to get. The look and feel is awesome.
MGV is awesome, especially for kids, though the black does get a bit toasty. I think I'd have picked the grey from Black Diamond if it was available but that's just a nitpick.
Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Velocity blue is an awesome color on the Bronco, saw one yesterday. IMO the best looking bronco we saw at the off rodeo last month was the Base 2 door in velocity blue
Nice, thanks. The only other thing I'm tempted by is the rear locking diff. I'm a trail rider at most, so should not be an issue. I do like the blue.

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about some pics of the tire cover on the 33s?

Congrats on a beauty Bronco!

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait C39F3CE4-6E7E-43D8-BC9D-B97057193245
Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait C39F3CE4-6E7E-43D8-BC9D-B97057193245

The day finally arrived for our family and our Race Red 7MT Badlands finally arrived from Dirt Mountain this past week. We picked her up in the old 96 (since I foolishly had sold my daily driver back in July when I got a build notice the first time). Took her out for some light wheeling yesterday, my wife commented "well, she ain't no princess" after we powered through some some moderate mud like it was nothing. I'll have to find some more challenging terrain.

Overall we are very impressed and we love it as our new family daily driver. For us, this 16 month journey was worth the wait but we know we were fortunate to have gotten it already.

(Excessive Text Below)

First impressions:
-For anyone who enjoys stick shift, I don't think you will be disappointed. It is peppy in first through third and when you get into boost it will put a smile on. I drove the v6 at the off rodeo; I still think they should offer the v6 (or bigger) with the 7 speed, but this will be great until that day comes. No Regrets whatsoever choosing the stick shift.

-Crawler gear is awesome. Be careful, you can launch yourself in 4L

-I had a cactus grey order-holder approach us unsolicited telling us she is changing her order to Race Red. Color really Pops in direct sun and I have yet to see another one in my color. I think there is enough black on the vehicle to make it work well.

-33" BFG A/T (AKA at the Off-Rodeo as "The Small Tires") on the Badlands are fantastic offroad, grippy and quiet on road. I've had these on my other trucks so I had no concerns. I think proportionally when you see in person the 33s look great.

-FYI the Ford spare tire covers do fit on stock Badlands tires but I doubt if you could go much bigger. Let me know if anyone wants pics or info

-MIC top 2.0 is nice. Front coming off is great for little kids to be in shade in the back while we have the open air. It is a little tricky to get in and out of the roof rails TBH. Kind of have to close the main latch and then shift it a bit towards back to get it out. The rooftop bag I recommend, slides right in the back and protects the panels.

-Got seat covers for under the kids' carseats. I think i would also recommend these because the MGV is so nice I'd hate to have the carseats damage them when you tighten them down

-Bike Rack; my dealer ordered both the Yakima and the Thule from the Bronco accessories catalog and said we could pick one since he didn't know which one would work to open the back gate with the rack on. Well, short answer is neither at the moment, even with the accessory hitch extension in the catalog; the tire on the back hits it before you can open the glass (even with rack folded down). We took the Thule rack home because we can use it on our 96 if we can't get it to work, but if anyone has any suggestions or has figured this out let me know. I am thinking about getting a longer hitch extension than the one in the catalog may work, I have to take some measurements. Overall this is kind of a fail IMO. I will post update when I mess with it some more.

-Feels smaller inside than my 96 but still very comfortable

-I ended up getting the high pkg as a last min impulse buy. All the tech is a little overwhelming sometimes TBH but I can see how most of it might be useful. It will take a while to get used to.

If anyone has any questions, let me know, but I want to thank my dealer for absolutely no BS and answering/putting up with all my questions for this long process. I also want to thank this community for all the info and pics to help make this journey a little easier. Been waiting 25 years for a new Bronco, and it was worth the wait!
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rockymounts-backstage-2-initial-thoughts.24355/

OP
OP
96GreenBronco

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, thanks. The only other thing I'm tempted by is the rear locking diff. I'm a trail rider at most, so should not be an issue. I do like the blue.
At some point I would guess you can order a rear locking diff aftermarket or through Ford if you needed it. I believe the black diamond trim comes with it standard. I only see the whole axle assembly as a part in the accessories catalog, not sure what diff that comes with. I've already used it in some deepish mud, I was glad to have it FWIW.

OP
OP
96GreenBronco

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about some pics of the tire cover on the 33s?

Congrats on a beauty Bronco!
As requested; photos of Ford Accessory 32" spare tire cover on Stock Badlands BFG tire. Also I included a comparison pic for old-school reference; the material is more of a matte color with more grey in it than the old vinyl cover from my 96 Bronco's original cover.

The hole for the camera will take some getting used to I think but otherwise I think it looks OK. Wife loves it, I may swap it out down the road for a different one but I think it looks good for now.
Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait 20211025_211152
Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait 20211026_111119
Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait 20211026_111112

OP
OP
96GreenBronco

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
96GreenBronco

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a great color! You mentioned taking the tops off and storing them in the back, how has that been as far as taking up storage room.

Do you feel that if you were on a road trip with the back filled with gear you could still squeeze them in? Just trying to get a feel for how large they are and how much space they require.

Anyway, congrats. I am jealous.
As requested: Pics for front roof panels stored in bag in the back. If its hard to read, it is 7" of horizontal space taken up. It looks like they designed them to exactly be the correct length without touching the glass when stored this way. The bag has some nice clips for bottom to go to tie down points but of course the floor mat I ordered doesn't have holes for the tie down points. I'm going to have to make cutouts, don't think it will be too difficult.

It occurred to me that if there was a little rain tarp type thing you could quickly throw over the open front while parked for the night in driveway that might be nice, then you could leave these in the back most of the time and not get beat up. Maybe like a mini soft top for front 2 panels.

Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait 20211026_150150r1
Ford Bronco Our Badland Arrived!! Worth the Wait 20211026_150144r1

Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congratulations on your Bronco! I really like the pic side-by-side with your other Bronco :)

drewgolson

Raptor
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 antimatter blue obx (sold) 22 badlands mt
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
as an avid cyclist that has had a few jeeps here is what you need.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004C6S1LS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.kuat.com/product/transfer-v2/ (good) i used this one for a few years

now i have this one

https://www.kuat.com/product/nv-2-0-base/ (better)

if you get this, you wont need the curt hitch thing i pasted above bc this swings out.

https://www.kuat.com/product/pivot-2/

my current setup is the kuat pivot with kuat nv. expensive but worth it if you put a bike on nearly every day.

Dogtown79

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The day finally arrived for our family and our Race Red 7MT Badlands finally arrived from Dirt Mountain this past week. We picked her up in the old 96 (since I foolishly had sold my daily driver back in July when I got a build notice the first time). Took her out for some light wheeling yesterday, my wife commented "well, she ain't no princess" after we powered through some some moderate mud like it was nothing. I'll have to find some more challenging terrain.

Overall we are very impressed and we love it as our new family daily driver. For us, this 16 month journey was worth the wait but we know we were fortunate to have gotten it already.

(Excessive Text Below)

First impressions:
-For anyone who enjoys stick shift, I don't think you will be disappointed. It is peppy in first through third and when you get into boost it will put a smile on. I drove the v6 at the off rodeo; I still think they should offer the v6 (or bigger) with the 7 speed, but this will be great until that day comes. No Regrets whatsoever choosing the stick shift.

-Crawler gear is awesome. Be careful, you can launch yourself in 4L

-I had a cactus grey order-holder approach us unsolicited telling us she is changing her order to Race Red. Color really Pops in direct sun and I have yet to see another one in my color. I think there is enough black on the vehicle to make it work well.

-33" BFG A/T (AKA at the Off-Rodeo as "The Small Tires") on the Badlands are fantastic offroad, grippy and quiet on road. I've had these on my other trucks so I had no concerns. I think proportionally when you see in person the 33s look great.

-FYI the Ford spare tire covers do fit on stock Badlands tires but I doubt if you could go much bigger. Let me know if anyone wants pics or info

-MIC top 2.0 is nice. Front coming off is great for little kids to be in shade in the back while we have the open air. It is a little tricky to get in and out of the roof rails TBH. Kind of have to close the main latch and then shift it a bit towards back to get it out. The rooftop bag I recommend, slides right in the back and protects the panels.

-Got seat covers for under the kids' carseats. I think i would also recommend these because the MGV is so nice I'd hate to have the carseats damage them when you tighten them down

-Bike Rack; my dealer ordered both the Yakima and the Thule from the Bronco accessories catalog and said we could pick one since he didn't know which one would work to open the back gate with the rack on. Well, short answer is neither at the moment, even with the accessory hitch extension in the catalog; the tire on the back hits it before you can open the glass (even with rack folded down). We took the Thule rack home because we can use it on our 96 if we can't get it to work, but if anyone has any suggestions or has figured this out let me know. I am thinking about getting a longer hitch extension than the one in the catalog may work, I have to take some measurements. Overall this is kind of a fail IMO. I will post update when I mess with it some more.

-Feels smaller inside than my 96 but still very comfortable

-I ended up getting the high pkg as a last min impulse buy. All the tech is a little overwhelming sometimes TBH but I can see how most of it might be useful. It will take a while to get used to.

If anyone has any questions, let me know, but I want to thank my dealer for absolutely no BS and answering/putting up with all my questions for this long process. I also want to thank this community for all the info and pics to help make this journey a little easier. Been waiting 25 years for a new Bronco, and it was worth the wait!
I can't seem to get my front roof panels out with my roof rack in place. I see your explanation and I feel like I've tried everything. Is it possible that I am babying the roof too much and am afraid to damage something? How forceful did you have to be to get it them out? I have a MIC 2.0, would that be the difference?

OP
OP
96GreenBronco

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't seem to get my front roof panels out with my roof rack in place. I see your explanation and I feel like I've tried everything. Is it possible that I am babying the roof too much and am afraid to damage something? How forceful did you have to be to get it them out? I have a MIC 2.0, would that be the difference?

I had better have MIC 2.0 after that dirt mountain wait...

Try something like this; open all the latches, push panel up until it almost hits the roof rail.

Close all the latches with it disconnected. This makes the panel the most streamlined shape. I don't think it will come out if you don't do this due to clearances

Shift the panel slightly towards the back of the car, maybe an inch.

There is a pin for that big latch that is tricky to clear as you slide panel to the outside of the truck; try tilting the panel slightly higher in the middle of vehicle and you should be able to get passed the latch pin, and once you do, the rest clears easily and should slide out the side. The clearance is very tight to get around that pin.

I have gotten good enough not to hit the roof rail but it is a little bit tedious. I have hit it a bunch, have not noticed any scratches to the panels so far. I am thinking about putting some velcro tape or something soft on bottom of the rail so I can hit it without worrying.

I have not done the middle panel yet

If you want pics I can try to get some

Dogtown79

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had better have MIC 2.0 after that dirt mountain wait...

Try something like this; open all the latches, push panel up until it almost hits the roof rail.

Close all the latches with it disconnected. This makes the panel the most streamlined shape. I don't think it will come out if you don't do this due to clearances

Shift the panel slightly towards the back of the car, maybe an inch.

There is a pin for that big latch that is tricky to clear as you slide panel to the outside of the truck; try tilting the panel slightly higher in the middle of vehicle and you should be able to get passed the latch pin, and once you do, the rest clears easily and should slide out the side. The clearance is very tight to get around that pin.

I have gotten good enough not to hit the roof rail but it is a little bit tedious. I have hit it a bunch, have not noticed any scratches to the panels so far. I am thinking about putting some velcro tape or something soft on bottom of the rail so I can hit it without worrying.

I have not done the middle panel yet

If you want pics I can try to get some
Same here with regards to Dirt Mountain. Yes, it's the pin to the inside of the front left latch that keeps catching. I will keep messing with it. The video BN put out a while back claims you have to remove the rack to remove any of the other panels, but take that for what it's worth. Thanks for the response.
Sponsored