Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have to clear your sales tax just to break even.
Even in CA, the tax will be about 4.5k on a $50k Bronco. Do you think it’s possible that someone would pay $55k to hop the line?
Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering that you won't be able to get one for a year if you haven't already reserved one, someone will drop some money to get one early, but there are easier ways to make money.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you don’t pay cash for it then you won’t have a title to that new bronco. If the bank owns it good luck trying to sell it for a profit right away as many people will only buy it title in hand.
This, and if possible I suggest you not title the truck. If I was looking for something like that I would want to be the first owner on the title. Just a thought. But yes, I'm quite sure you can sell it, but how fast is always the question. Good luck.

Last edited:

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually more like a year + considering we reserved back in July.

Sponsored

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lots of easier ways to legally make 10K off of 45K investment. 2-3 years in a decent portfolio, doing nothing.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How so? Yes, there were a limited number of priority orders. Very limited in the grand scheme of things. There was never a possibility that Broncos were going to be built in the exact order of reservations. Right now tho, the biggest limiting factor seems to be parts availability. What you placed the order for is almost as important as the time stamp. Even then, from what we've seen, they are going down the list roughly in reservation order until they can find a build they have everything for.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of easier ways to legally make 10K off of 45K investment. 2-3 years in a decent portfolio, doing nothing.
Except that ties up your 45k for 2-3 years. This ties up your 45k for a few days. I'm not advocating doing this, as it is a pain in the butt, but ROI has to take time into effect.

Let's say I pay $50k for my Bronco and sell it about a week later, netting $55k after taxes are paid. I'm out my 50k investment for 2% of the year. If I make $5k after taxes, my annual rate of return on that 50k is 5/50/.02=500%.

If I paid with my American Express Card, I also have a whole bunch more points to factor in and $50k to invest in my savings account until my payment is due in 4-6 weeks, so add another (extremely small) interest return. ;)

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Except that ties up your 45k for 2-3 years. This ties up your 45k for a few days. I'm not advocating doing this, as it is a pain in the butt, but ROI has to take time into effect.

Let's say I pay $50k for my Bronco and sell it about a week later, netting $55k after taxes are paid. I'm out my 50k investment for 2% of the year. If I make $5k after taxes, my annual rate of return on that 50k is 5/50/.02=500%.

If I paid with my American Express Card, I also have a whole bunch more points to factor in and $50k to invest in my savings account until my payment is due in 4-6 weeks, so add another (extremely small) interest return. ;)
Fair enough.

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed.