kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will get my bronco OB, Sasquatch, Lux, Softtop Cyber orange this coming October.
It will cost at least $55,600 MSRP + 10.4% tax, etc.

I am thinking to trade in this bronco for Cybertruck (Probably in the next 2 years).
Will the resale value still strong in the next 2 years even though I have to pay for MSRP this year?
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will get my bronco OB, Sasquatch, Lux, Softtop Cyber orange this coming October.
It will cost at least $55,600 MSRP + 10.4% tax, etc.

I am thinking to trade in this bronco for Cybertruck (Probably in the next 2 years).
Will the resale value still strong in the next 2 years even though I have to pay for MSRP this year?
Let's assume the Bronco holds it's value really well, like better than a Wrangler well; in two years, with phenomenal value retention, say you lose 15% or $8400. That would be best case obviously. Taxes are going to be different in each State, your might get a credit for some of those paid when you trade in, although nothing generally if you sell it privately, so another at 10.4% and 85% retention, best case you lose another $900 or thereabouts. Maybe half a grand for fees, titles, etc...

Absolute best case is it costs you less than $10000 for those two years. The tax situation could change that to $15000 in a heartbeat, three model years might nudge that to another $3000, etc. As to a total range; I would estimate $10k-$18k loss over two calendar years, depending heavily on your local tax laws.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could depend if the 2021 Broncos are crap ,if they have lots of problems then people thinking could be that they can get a new Bronco 1000 or 2000 more then a used 2021 and most people well stay away from a first year vehicle.

Sponsored

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Another angle to consider is the changing auto industry toward plug-in hybrid and/or EV. A vehicle delivering approximately 18 miles per gallon may not be high on a buyers list. Buy your Bronco and enjoy it.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an order for a Cyber Truck as well but I wouldn't even consider it to replace my Bronco (NO WAY) , My dilemma is now also having a reservation for a Lightning to me that will be a big decision to make!
Either way just work hard and keep your Bronco and by the time the cyber Truck is built and you can actually get one you might think otherwise!
Two years is a long time away to make predictions like this in my opinion .
When you get your Bronco enjoy it because I am thinking the wait on any electric truck is going to be a lot worse than the Bronco currently is.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'm convinced the cybertruck was a ploy to earn interest on the 1.25 million $100 preorders and get attention/drive stock prices up.

i bet the time they actually produce, if at all, the cost skyrockets and there are other ev options that make more sense.

if they do produce it, your ob will hold good value unless the bronco is available on lots. even if it is i think resell will be great for the next 2-4y. average depreciation is 15-25% the first year, and stays in that line. in two years you are looking at mid-40s average, maybe higher if the demand is still high and vehicle costs rise.

edit: soft top may impact resell if the mic and mod are available too. hopefully there are aftermarket tops or ford can actually sell mic or mod at a reasonable cost. buyer will have to be ok with a soft only.
Sponsored

Last edited: