Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - SAS / Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wasnt sure if dealership practices for out of state purchases varied from place to place but this is my situation: I put a 1k down payment on a bronco out of state via credit card. They had me send pictures of my license and insurance information at the same time. Other than my credit card statement saying that Dealership X was paid 1k, I don't have documentation from them. Is that normal, or should I have some sort of sales contract related to the bronco I'm purchasing with the VIN, sales price, etc?
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Call dealership and request a receipt

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasnt sure if dealership practices for out of state purchases varied from place to place but this is my situation: I put a 1k down payment on a bronco out of state via credit card. They had me send pictures of my license and insurance information at the same time. Other than my credit card statement saying that Dealership X was paid 1k, I don't have documentation from them. Is that normal, or should I have some sort of sales contract related to the bronco I'm purchasing with the VIN, sales price, etc?
Should of followed up when you made the deposit, no? How long has it been? You should have some kind of documentation on pricing since without they can charge you whatever they want when it comes in.

How did you come across this dealer?

FoxyRoxy

Everglades
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

If they are a franchise dealership, you should have some documentation as to which vehicle you are placing a deposit on. I wouldn't worry too much about getting ripped off if they are a Ford dealership..

OP
OP

Oorko

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - SAS / Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Should of followed up when you made the deposit, no? How long has it been? You should have some kind of documentation on pricing since without they can charge you whatever they want when it comes in.

How did you come across this dealer?
I found a listing for the bronco online through Autotrader, its a small Ford dealership in MN that had a bronco they had placed an order on that was listed as "in transit". I called and placed a deposit on it, and pulled the info on the VIN/order number from the windows sticker on their website and sure enough, it has been built 12/2, and although it hasn't shipped yet it is set to go to that dealership. BUT...if I dont have any documentation on the vehicle I put the deposit down on or the price then as you said, they could charge me anything they wanted when it comes in. Makes me worry a bit although they get great reviews on google and apparently have won the "Presidents award" so maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found a listing for the bronco online through Autotrader, its a small Ford dealership in MN that had a bronco they had placed an order on that was listed as "in transit". I called and placed a deposit on it, and pulled the info on the VIN/order number from the windows sticker on their website and sure enough, it has been built 12/2, and although it hasn't shipped yet it is set to go to that dealership. BUT...if I dont have any documentation on the vehicle I put the deposit down on or the price then as you said, they could charge me anything they wanted when it comes in. Makes me worry a bit although they get great reviews on google and apparently have won the "Presidents award" so maybe I'm just being paranoid.
You haven’t agreed to any pricing yet whatsoever. They’re free to charge you whatever they want regardless. Even if you had a signed pricing agreement they could still try to pull one over on you. Without any sort of signed order form, signed pricing agreement, or anything like that, you’re essentially just giving them a loan and crossing your fingers.

Get as much signed paperwork as you can, and make sure they know you want that exact truck and you have a deposit on that exact truck.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they are a franchise dealership, you should have some documentation as to which vehicle you are placing a deposit on. I wouldn't worry too much about getting ripped off if they are a Ford dealership..
On the bold... Now that's funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny!!!!

B6G has one or two posts about folks done wrong by dealers. Just sayin.....