Sponsored

I have received no documentation about my order. Is this fishy?

loki_racer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on foot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I contacted a local dealer that claimed to still have 4 allocations for Broncos. I put down $500, sent my ID and gave them a link to the build on ford.com. I've never received any type of confirmation or anything. I basically have no paperwork.

I put the deposit down on June 7. Then followed up with the salesman on the 20th asking for paperwork. See screenshot.

Is this normal?

firefox_nRHM7xBmHy.png
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normal for a dealer...probably yes. Is it right...no. You need to sit with the dealer to confirm the order and get a signed DORA listing the selling price otherwise your leaving yourself open for ADMIN mark-ups...$5k -$10k admin seems to be the norm

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I contacted a local dealer that claimed to still have 4 allocations for Broncos. I put down $500, sent my ID and gave them a link to the build on ford.com. I've never received any type of confirmation or anything. I basically have no paperwork.

I put the deposit down on June 7. Then followed up with the salesman on the 20th asking for paperwork. See screenshot.

Is this normal?

firefox_nRHM7xBmHy.png
It's true that Ford can be a bit delayed and random with their communication emails. I hadn't heard anything from them several days after my dealer made my order. BUT, my dealer gladly sent me a copy of the order sheet he entered for mine. Your dealer should be able to send you the same.

OP
OP

loki_racer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on foot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normal for a dealer...probably yes. Is it right...no. You need to sit with the dealer to confirm the order and get a signed DORA listing the selling price otherwise your leaving yourself open for ADMIN mark-ups...$5k -$10k admin seems to be the norm
I know it's not legally binding, but I have text messages from the sales guy confirming they will sell it at MSRP.

It's true that Ford can be a bit delayed and random with their communication emails. I hadn't heard anything from them several days after my dealer made my order. BUT, my dealer gladly sent me a copy of the order sheet he entered for mine. Your dealer should be able to send you the same.
So it's acceptable for me to ask for an order sheet?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ask for an actual copy of the DORA. It is the only "proof" that they placed the order with Ford and that Ford has accepted the order. The DORA will also show what exactly was ordered. Without a DORA you don't have a Bronco ordered.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it's not legally binding, but I have text messages from the sales guy confirming they will sell it at MSRP.

So it's acceptable for me to ask for an order sheet?
100% yes! You should have a confirmation of your order (DORA) which happens almost immediately after being entered. My guess, the salesman is clueless. May have to go over his head.

OP
OP

loki_racer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on foot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, thanks everyone. I messaged him asking for a DORA. I'll start looking for a Badlands, Lux, hardtop, 2.7L, sasquatch on the open market again.

I'm having my doubts an order was even placed.

OP
OP

loki_racer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on foot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sales guy replied:

Your order has[sic] been received yet by Ford. So you wouldn't have any information on it until it is picked up. Which is what I mentioned to you previously. Once it get scheduled, Ford will sent you the confirmation. We do not control that only the manufacturer
He's saying Ford hasn't received my order?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a similar "no paperwork" experience at my dealer; all I did was initial a printout of the order off the website and was promised it would be placed.

After some henke comms from Ford ("Still interested in a vehicle?"), and hearing nothing from the salesman (who was out w/COVID then paternity leave...), I got in contact with the Director of Operations, who called me personally and sent me a preview of the order off the order system Ford uses (called it a webdo or something). I later went in and sat in his office and he pulled it up on the screen. It was then almost another year before it showed up. He also sent me another preview document when the order changed in 2023.

I have never heard of a DORA or the COVP, which I'm sure is all correct, but my dealer never said anything about those. I ended up with price protection and everything worked out fine in the end. But it was a little unnerving a few times, due to circumstances and not really knowing what I was doing.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sales guy replied:

He's saying Ford hasn't received my order?
Then they never placed it. If it was entered, it will be received. Now being scheduled is another topic.

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We had placed our order I believe June 2nd online and listed our local dealer. We were asked a couple of weeks ago for a deposit which we fulfilled. This morning, received a message from Ford saying our bronco has been scheduled for production the week of Aug 7th.

bronco order.PNG

OP
OP

loki_racer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on foot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Latest from the sales guy:

When the order is scheduled for being built is when you will get that information. There isn't a status on a vehicle that hasn't be scheduled to be built.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Latest from the sales guy:
Bogus. The DORA is a receipt of what was ordered. And, it will have the MSRP information. This occurs prior to any scheduling or production.

Ask them to produce the DORA and a purchase agreement.

Last edited: