Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello fellow Missurahns,

I purchased my Bronco out of state in IL and have a few questions.

1. The dealer used the MO/local sales tax when I paid. When registering the Bronco has anyone had issues with them accepting that amount paid or needing to pay more in taxes for some reason?
  2. As far as registering, is that something I need to go into the DMV to do (I would assume so)? If so, I never recieved a Manufacture Statement of Origin and I presume the bank is getting the title. Whats the process for registering? Ask the bank for a copy of the title? Will the DMV accept that or is my sale/loan paperwork enough?
Thanks all

UPDATE:

Dealer submitted taxes and title forms to MO and plates/title came in the mail 6-8 weeks after purchase.
Sponsored

Last edited:

coffeetwitch

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i bought a ranger out of state before my bronco. i went to mo dmv to register and license. seemed like i paid taxes twice collected at the dmv. it was unexpected. the dealership gave me an envelope with everything needed to tag in mo.

that was my experience anyway.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

you pay the tax rate of where you register the vehicle. AAA also does the registration if you are a member.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For the IL dealer to collect sales tax they MUST submit it to your state. Recently bought a plow trick in Ohio to register in PA . No tax collected in OH, I will pay PA tax when it gets plates here ( multiple notary sources for tags and title, all electronic to dmv)

So you should have received a transit tag, usually good for 30 days, as well as a sales receipt itemizing your sales tax paid.
Sponsored