Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know how high the seating position is in the outer banks? Like for example it’d probably be about the same as a stock ford ranger? Trying to get an idea of how the vantage point will feel with a stock OBX. I test drove a wildtrak Sasquatch and the thing was a beast. Obviously this will be quite a bit lower seating position
Sponsored

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

She arrived at the dealer last Thursday, getting a lift and tires. So we thought she’d be getting it tonight…no luck! Waiting on the tires still. I did not look forward to calling my wife with that news

A624DE04-3567-4401-B4CA-20D8779926E2.jpeg

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I have a question for the group. I have a pretty well options OBX on order. OBX, A51, leather onyx, SAS, lux, MIC. I like the interior of the OBX better than the WT. Why did people here pick the OBX? Any reason to consider a similarly equipped WT? Costs end up being roughly equal...

Sponsored

Wtatumjr

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our license plates here start with "OBX" . It seemed natural to get the model that matched. Also I'm retired and OBX had the stuff I want at this age - more comfort, etc.
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread PXL_20211117_123234601.MP

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I originally ordered a Badlands but when it came time to convert for 22 I changed to OBX SASQUATCH. I personally love the roast cloth interior and I like the body colored mirrors and door handles! I won’t off-road a ton so it’s capable and sexy! 😎

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I have a question for the group. I have a pretty well options OBX on order. OBX, A51, leather onyx, SAS, lux, MIC. I like the interior of the OBX better than the WT. Why did people here pick the OBX? Any reason to consider a similarly equipped WT? Costs end up being roughly equal...
For us, it was a case of realistically how it will be used, probably 85/15 between onroad/offroad.
I did a build comparison of OBX/Badlands/Wildtrak. Spec'd up almost identically, the price difference between them was only about $1500.

Badlands was the most capable, Wildtrak was really cool, OBX was the most 'luxurious'. What it came down to in the end, was living day-to-day, we had to have the Roast Leather interior, it is by far the nicest interior. Personally, didn't like the MGV as much, and didn't like the Sandstone interior as much as the Roast. Otherwise, bar the Sta-Bar Disconnect, they were spec'd very similarly, both visually and capability wise, so it came down to what it looks like sitting inside of it.

Also like the body color mirrors and handles. Not crazy about the OBX grill, but that should be an easy fix when it arrives. 4 weeks and counting till build day!

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our license plates here start with "OBX" . It seemed natural to get the model that matched. Also I'm retired and OBX had the stuff I want at this age - more comfort, etc.
Now that's funny.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For us, it was a case of realistically how it will be used, probably 85/15 between onroad/offroad.
I did a build comparison of OBX/Badlands/Wildtrak. Spec'd up almost identically, the price difference between them was only about $1500.

Badlands was the most capable, Wildtrak was really cool, OBX was the most 'luxurious'. What it came down to in the end, was living day-to-day, we had to have the Roast Leather interior, it is by far the nicest interior. Personally, didn't like the MGV as much, and didn't like the Sandstone interior as much as the Roast. Otherwise, bar the Sta-Bar Disconnect, they were spec'd very similarly, both visually and capability wise, so it came down to what it looks like sitting inside of it.

Also like the body color mirrors and handles. Not crazy about the OBX grill, but that should be an easy fix when it arrives. 4 weeks and counting till build day!
Right, we are on the same page here. Every time I spec'd out a couple trims, the final prices were always within earshot of each other. (Similar to pricing a Jeep). I also like the OBX interior more than the others and that's why I went with it. Personally, other than the style, I don't see how OBX is more luxurious than other trims -- everything seems super similar. But, in the end, for a car want to keep for a long while and will use mostly for on road or overlanding with some offroad, I wanted it to look the way I liked. Was just making sure I wasn't missing anything!

The only annoying part for me is that the dealer forgot to add the tow package and a couple other things. The missing tow package is really annoying because I wanted it factory installed...

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only annoying part for me is that the dealer forgot to add the tow package and a couple other things. The missing tow package is really annoying because I wanted it factory installed...
I ended up changing my order one week after my initial order to add the 'On-Board Storage Bags', to make sure I got the right ones, as the B&P didn't make it very clear at the time.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ended up changing my order one week after my initial order to add the 'On-Board Storage Bags', to make sure I got the right ones, as the B&P didn't make it very clear at the time.
Yeah, most things you can get afterwards from Ford or 3rd parties. But the tow package is constrained and cannot be added at this point. Trust me, I've tried everything including calling the scheduler. Really pisses me off!

Fahadrb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Lexus lx
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan to paint the outer edge of the wheel black so it looks like the B&P render. I like this look better than the actual production wheel, that little edge being blacked out makes a big difference imo.
That looks much better. Update us once you get that done

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had to get an OBX. I live here.
You are living my dream. We vacation in Duck (Corolla next year) and I love taking my F-150 up the beach. And yes our dog comes too. Would love to move there.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My OBX goes into production next month if all goes as planned, scheduled for 12/20

Velocity Blue
4 Door
Soft Top
Roast Interior
2.7 engine
High package
Aux switches
Floor liners & Cargo liner

I would like to do 33" A/T tires & a 1 or 2" leveling lift... but Im also not wasteful and can't see replacing brand new ties so may come in a few years once they need replacement. I think the all season tires should be capable enough for what I have planned at this point anyways. Mostly street and light trails. I have no intentions of rock crawling or advanced offroading in my 50k$ vehicle. Don't have the disposable income for ruining it, LOL.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread 251026769_10158171359166160_2201917110762963182_n1
Sponsored