kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does outerbank bronco has a paddle shifter? (To shift down gear manually)
Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s on the shift knob. No paddles on Bronco.

Last edited:

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pretty sure no Broncos have paddle shifters. Paddle shifters (IMHO) are useless. The only people I've met who like/use paddle shifters are people who haven't used a clutch pedal and have played a lot of video games. Unless you have a dual-clutch automatic on a legit sports car, which is a whole different story, most people quickly realized that the paddle shifters on their daily drivers are just a gimmick for manual wannabees.

Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure no Broncos have paddle shifters. Paddle shifters (IMHO) are useless. The only people I've met who like/use paddle shifters are people who haven't used a clutch pedal and have played a lot of video games. Unless you have a dual-clutch automatic on a legit sports car, which is a whole different story, most people quickly realized that the paddle shifters on their daily drivers are just a gimmick for manual wannabees.
You should meet some people that live in the mountains. 😉

I’m constantly using the paddle shifters in my current car driving down twisty mountain roads in Colorado, where using the transmission to slow the car is critical. I prefer to not take my hands off the wheel to shift when the roads are narrow and there are no guard rails or shoulders.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco with the automatic shifts the same as an F-150 or Expedition with the floor shifter.

Put in manual mode and you have buttons on the shifter to walk up and down the gears. It's electronic, so it won't allow you to do anything really stupid though.

When not in manual mode, the buttons will sequentially lock out the higher gears.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should meet some people that live in the mountains. 😉

I’m constantly using the paddle shifters in my current car driving down twisty mountain roads in Colorado, where using the transmission to slow the car is critical. I prefer to not take my hands off the wheel to shift when the roads are narrow and there are no guard rails or shoulders.
I agree, paddle shifters are great for mountain driving in the Rocky’s. Although, the shift buttons on the knob aren’t ideal, they will at least make us be a little more cautious having one hand on the wheel while in use. Extra caution might be a good thing while driving this tank lol

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This little 2.7L engine will do very little to slow you down on a long hill. It works great with 4 liter or bigger engine. But there is not enough reciprocAting weight to slow down a heavy car like this. It will just wind out your RPMs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know what they say about opinions. :)

I Love my paddle shifters. Use them constantly for my daily driver. Great for that quick down gear to make a pass or a yellow light.

I think any bronco woth Sports mode should come with them.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed. My Flex has them and they're pretty useless. Response time is too slow and I'd go through two pairs of CV joints trying to get a good 'feel' for how to use them effectively. Cars used to come with a Hill Descent Control for the same effect; wonder whatever happened to those.

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The reason they don't put paddle shifters on trucks like this is because when you're rock crawling or doing hardcore off roading and you're sawing at the wheel, they're in your way and the last thing you want is an accidental shift when you're going from full lock in one direction to full lock in the other. You'll hear a lot of people accidentally honking their horns in these types of situations because they haven't mastered proper hand placement and shuffle steering (I'm guilty of this myself). selectable shifting on the gear lever isn't nearly as enjoyable when you're driving on the road, but it's the right choice for an off-roader.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can attest to honking the horn, did it a couple of times at the Off-Rodeo. The horn/air-bag on the steering wheel is one of the few things I don't like about the interior. Sticks out like a big zit.

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reason they don't put paddle shifters on trucks like this is because when you're rock crawling or doing hardcore off roading and you're sawing at the wheel, they're in your way and the last thing you want is an accidental shift when you're going from full lock in one direction to full lock in the other. You'll hear a lot of people accidentally honking their horns in these types of situations because they haven't mastered proper hand placement and shuffle steering (I'm guilty of this myself). selectable shifting on the gear lever isn't nearly as enjoyable when you're driving on the road, but it's the right choice for an off-roader.
That is why you need a Brodie knob! AKA a steering wheel spinner knob that they use on big rigs. HAHA
Sponsored