Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the way the Bronco has the manual shifting buttons on the gear shift for the automatics rather than paddles. I usually drive left-handed with my right arm on the console so it is the perfect place to thumb the shift buttons coming down the steep grades around the Rockies.

I used a lot of engine braking in my Ram to avoid adding to the burnt rubber smell in the air and save pads, especially in weekend mountain traffic. I was interested to see that Ford actually added that as a recommended practice in the manual either in D or M for those type environments.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem I found with the gear shift button in 'D' is that it only holds the gear for a few seconds and then goes back to auto mode. I found myself switching to 'M' up and down long hills on the highway to hold the gear I wanted. Still, being a left handed driver myself, was pretty convenient.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The paddle shift on my Raptor absolutely sucks! The delay time from hitting the paddle to the actual shift has you bouncing off of the rev limiter. They are useless.

Sponsored

A10VETERAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 218 F150 Lariat Sport, 23 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put a Raptor wheel with paddle shifting in my 2018 F150 Lariat Sport. I just had to terminate 3 wires at the clockspring connector and splice the other end to the harness behind the glove box. I spliced them into the wiring for the shift button on the shifter.

Today, I pulled all of the diagrams from Alldata for my 23 2-door Wildtrack. I compared the clockspring part number to the one installed on the 23 Bronco Raptor and they are the same. The wiring is also the same on both Broncos. I suspect that I will have to run the 3 wires from the clockspring to the wires from the shifter switch. Same as I did for my F150.

Attachments

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I put a Raptor wheel with paddle shifting in my 2018 F150 Lariat Sport. I just had to terminate 3 wires at the clockspring connector and splice the other end to the harness behind the glove box. I spliced them into the wiring for the shift button on the shifter.

Today, I pulled all of the diagrams from Alldata for my 23 2-door Wildtrack. I compared the clockspring part number to the one installed on the 23 Bronco Raptor and they are the same. The wiring is also the same on both Broncos. I suspect that I will have to run the 3 wires from the clockspring to the wires from the shifter switch. Same as I did for my F150.
Yep, I have a feeling it’s just as easy as doing it on a F150.
If I could get a Bronco Raptor steering wheel at a decent price I would do it. But it’s just not worth the price to me. Even at cost the wheel is $945
Sponsored