William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are living my dream. We vacation in Duck (Corolla next year) and I love taking my F-150 up the beach. And yes our dog comes too. Would love to move there.
It's a great place to retire to- I did so last year though we owned for 10 years here in Corolla . Here are my Brits, Lexie and Phoebe
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread IMG_20190824_113945
Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's a great place to retire to- I did so last year though we owned for 10 years here in Corolla . Here are my Brits, Lexie and Phoebe
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread IMG_20190824_113945
It's only a matter of $$..... not enough saved to buy a home outright; and likely won't want to make mortgage payments when I retire in 7 years.
My dad was right, folks: "Save your money!"

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread 11:17:21

Built Saturday and delivered to the dealer today. I snapped the pic while they were still prepping it.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I have a question for the group. I have a pretty well options OBX on order. OBX, A51, leather onyx, SAS, lux, MIC. I like the interior of the OBX better than the WT. Why did people here pick the OBX? Any reason to consider a similarly equipped WT? Costs end up being roughly equal...
My main reason was the roast interior, now that I have it I know I definitely made the right choice for me. Absolutely love it!

20211113_141814.jpg

20211113_151250.jpg

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My main reason was the roast interior, now that I have it I know I definitely made the right choice for me. Absolutely love it!

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread 20211113_151250

Looks really nice. Must be a blast to ride this thing in Anchorage!

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree the roast is the best. It pairs perfectly with VB with the VB accents too. Perfection. I cant wait for mine!

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I have a question for the group. I have a pretty well options OBX on order. OBX, A51, leather onyx, SAS, lux, MIC. I like the interior of the OBX better than the WT. Why did people here pick the OBX? Any reason to consider a similarly equipped WT? Costs end up being roughly equal...
This will be the wifeā€™s daily driver, she wanted more creature comforts instead of rock climbing abilityā€¦she readily admits sheā€™s a card carrying pavement princess!

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This will be the wifeā€™s daily driver, she wanted more creature comforts instead of rock climbing abilityā€¦she readily admits sheā€™s a card carrying pavement princess!
This will be my daily driver as well! I told my husband he has to be nice to me if he wants to drive it! Lol.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I fell for the marketing, which said the OBX was more of a luxury ride. Mine is ordered like yours and prices out almost exactly the same as the WT. I was thinking of switching but Iā€™ll probably stick with the OBX. From what Iā€™ve read on this site, the WT has a lower residual value which increases the payment. The only thing that really concerns me is the issues people are still having with the MIC tops. If mine leaks, Iā€™m not going to be a happy camper. I was just at Costco, shopping and getting gas. There were a couple Range Rovers next to me. They sure are pretty, but thatā€™s not what I want.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered that interior also. I think itā€™s going to go real well with the Eruption Green exterior.

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did the leather roast interior as well, canā€™t wait to get it, just wish they didnā€™t choose the blue accents for it.

For people planning to get new tires and a lift, what are you budgeting? Iā€™d love 33.5ā€s , a 1ā€ lift, and to powder coat the wheels, but thatā€™s going to be a pricey upgrade.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I fell for the marketing, which said the OBX was more of a luxury ride. Mine is ordered like yours and prices out almost exactly the same as the WT. I was thinking of switching but Iā€™ll probably stick with the OBX. From what Iā€™ve read on this site, the WT has a lower residual value which increases the payment. The only thing that really concerns me is the issues people are still having with the MIC tops. If mine leaks, Iā€™m not going to be a happy camper. I was just at Costco, shopping and getting gas. There were a couple Range Rovers next to me. They sure are pretty, but thatā€™s not what I want.
Funny, I got the impression that the WT would have a better resale at the end (not that I am looking to sell it). But yes, the luxury marketing was pretty interesting and it lured me in. What kept me was probably the interior.

Range Rovers also aren't for me. A few friends of mine have one. Yes, they are nice, but I want something a little more capable and rugged looking.

Last edited:

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did the leather roast interior as well, canā€™t wait to get it, just wish they didnā€™t choose the blue accents for it.

For people planning to get new tires and a lift, what are you budgeting? Iā€™d love 33.5ā€s , a 1ā€ lift, and to powder coat the wheels, but thatā€™s going to be a pricey upgrade.
Going with stock wheel, but adding a 2ā€ lift with 35ā€™s. Dealer is doing it all for about 1700$

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ended up at $315 per tire(5) for 295/70 (~34ā€) Baja Boss Mickeys. 2ā€ lift $100-$150 I think and couple hundred on install. Rubber ainā€™t cheap or easy to get right now. Had to wait couple weeks on back order.

A25FFF13-F4CB-400C-A37A-A259B7E9F1E4.jpeg
Sponsored