Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really appreciate this discussion. This is far and away the most detail I've read about this subject.
Sponsored

OP
OP
flowingaway

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So check out this picture. Notice the 8046 part looks a little different depending on which grille it's paired with.

My thought is that if someone really wanted to do a swap properly they would order their grille of choice AND the corresponding bracket 8046. It looks like that 8046 part is what is going to provide that hood latch mechanism protection.

Of course this is purely speculation as I don't have my Bronco yet.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Grille Question 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor Warthog Grill 1

Slimpickens

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In addition to my post above - Notwithstanding, I still prefer the OBX grille over the WT because it's concave. The WT grille is flush and gives the front a snout like appearance when not head-on (something most dont think about). But I am considering maybe some type of black mesh behind the OBX grille openings if its subtle and covers up the stuff behind it.
Post a pick if you do please, interested in what that would look like!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FWIW, Big Bend models have the same piece in the middle.

And to think all along I thought it was just another grill shutter that was always closed when I looked

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want to install Raptor style grille lights but that latch protector is a real bummer. I suppose cutting an opening for whatever light to pass through isn't out of the question .

Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want to install Raptor style grille lights but that latch protector is a real bummer. I suppose cutting an opening for whatever light to pass through isn't out of the question .
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Grille Question 1644271157503

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just joined this forum today... I'm about to get either the Badlands (BL) or the OB (outerbanks) bronco sport. I love the navy pier seat coloring and I'm trying to see if I can get the navy pier seat coloring on the badlands model. It won't let me add the pier navy seats to the badlnds model.. only to the outerbanks model when I enter in the build I want on the ford website.

Sorry to make myself look dumb... but when you guys write "OBX" are you referring to the outerbanks grille?

I like the grill on the BL (the egg crate-like design with gray finish ) and I'm trying to get the guy at the dealership to order me the outerbanks with the badlands grill...

From reading this thread it appears most people prefer the outerbanks grille? Meaning the OBX grille? Thanks!

PS: I am sill conflicted if I want the BL or the OB. I will never go off-roading other than light camping. Hence why I'm leaning towards OB model... but I don't like the grille on the OB.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Grille Question outerbanks-grille

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Grille Question badlands-grille

Last edited:

Slimpickens

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just joined this forum today... I'm about to get either the Badlands (BL) or the OB (outerbanks) bronco sport. I love the navy pier seat coloring and I'm trying to see if I can get the navy pier seat coloring on the badlands model. It won't let me add the pier navy seats to the badlnds model.. only to the outerbanks model when I enter in the build I want on the ford website.

Sorry to make myself look dumb... but when you guys write "OBX" are you referring to the outerbanks grille?

I like the grill on the BL (the egg crate-like design with gray finish ) and I'm trying to get the guy at the dealership to order me the outerbanks with the badlands grill...

From reading this thread it appears most people prefer the outerbanks grille? Meaning the OBX grille? Thanks!

I think you’re in the wrong forum… check out https://www.broncosportforum.com/

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Whoops my bad I didn't realize that sorry.

jmcl

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone attempted to install the Raptor type lights on the outer banks grille? I see the photo posted earlier of the round ones which in my opinion doesn't look quite as good.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Grey Pony

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 DRW Lariat2022 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone attempted to install the Raptor type lights on the outer banks grille? I see the photo posted earlier of the rounds ones which in my opinion doesn't look quite as good.

Following.......

jmcl

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Below is some pics of my install of led lights from Oreily auto on my outer banks. They look and fit great and hope they last. I drilled a small hole in center grille to run my wire through otherwise the light would stick out to far. Simply spliced wire and soldered back together. Ran wire back to fuse block and tied in using ad a circuit to spare circuit that comes on with ignition. Lights install by using provided 3M provided tape.
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Grille Question 20221016_161955
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Grille Question 20221016_140106
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Grille Question 20221016_160705
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Grille Question Screenshot_20221017-061550_Chrome

bentontl

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ended up using a fuse tap and some amber LEDs from Amazon (links below). I used 3m heavy duty adhesive to attach the outer 2, sure seems solid, the center one is attached with screws since there is actually something to mount to. Total cost was less than $30.

Micro2 Fuse Tap (5A 10A 15A) and Fuse Puller https://a.co/d/cmap0n5

3Pcs 4" Inch Amber LED Center Grille Running Marker Light Kit Smoke Lens Pro Grille https://a.co/d/3m9VKcn

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Grille Question 20230209_163653

Deleted member 49144

Okay pardon this question if it’s already been answered, but I’ve been seeing so many “matte” versions of bronco grilles. I have an outer banks and it’s gloss, and that’s what I see on other outer banks as well. Does the outer banks grille come in any other finish other than gloss?

if I wanted a matte finish grille, I’d have to switch to another grille from another model? I do like the design of the outer banks.

OP
OP
flowingaway

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay pardon this question if it’s already been answered, but I’ve been seeing so many “matte” versions of bronco grilles. I have an outer banks and it’s gloss, and that’s what I see on other outer banks as well. Does the outer banks grille come in any other finish other than gloss?

if I wanted a matte finish grille, I’d have to switch to another grille from another model? I do like the design of the outer banks.
Correct. The design of the outer banks grille, but in the molded in color (matte gray) color comes with the big bend trim.
Sponsored