First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking for some opinions on what direction you guys would go if you were in my shoes. Here is the back story.

I have an order in for a 2021, 2022, 2023 4Dr Wildtrak, hard top, lux package, leather and now Hoss 3.0 suspension. I was driving around in an old jeep wrangler and I have a kid on the way and really needed something a bit safer and more solid on the highways. Bronco checked all the boxes.

Last month I picked up a brand new Area51 2022 Outerbanks (sasquatch package, hard top, mod bumper, high package and roast leather) that another order holder had dropped. Have no idea how but got it at MSRP. There were multiple people waiting in the lobby as I was going through the purchase process to see if I would back out!

I am interested to see what you guys would do in my shoes here. Would you privately sell or trade in the Outerbanks when the Wildtrak comes in or would you sell the Wildtrak and keep the Outerbanks? This assumes I get an offer close to what I paid for the Outerbanks.

On either trim I plan to throw on ADV fenders (sitting in my garage), 2-3" lift and 37's. The main difference would be that on the Wildtrak I would just do some perch collars since it has the upgraded Fox Hoss 3.0 suspension. On the Outerbanks I would throw on some new coilovers (TBD on brand but thinking Kings or Icons).

Let me know what you guys think!

Bronco Pic 1.jpg

Bronco Pic 2.jpg
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will you be off roading it? If so, what kind of terrain and how often? Lots of highway driving? What’s your usage going to be? Can you profit off the current one? Market is softening after all.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could probably sell the current vehicle to someone on this forum and end up with what you ordered. Just pass along the same good deal that you got on it.

OP
OP
Stu10

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will you be off roading it? If so, what kind of terrain and how often? Lots of highway driving? What’s your usage going to be? Can you profit off the current one? Market is softening after all.
Majority of my usage right now is city or highway driving but I absolutely love getting on the trails so I am hoping I can start doing that more with the bronco.

OP
OP
Stu10

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Could probably sell the current vehicle to someone on this forum and end up with what you ordered. Just pass along the same good deal that you got on it.
I am not looking to get greedy on my Outerbanks. Would be happy if I was able to get it off my hands for what I am in it for. Especially if it was to a forum member over dealership.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
May depend on color combo and what you like.

Personally preferred and purchased a 2021 loaded sas OBX over a Wildtrak. Paid slightly more even in the context of them configured identically. And would do it again. Although not sure how you feel about sandstone interior. Or conversely the Area 51 you have now. If it were me I’d keep the OBX roast, start your mods now and wrap it exactly to the color of your liking and let go of the WT.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for some opinions on what direction you guys would go if you were in my shoes. Here is the back story.

I have an order in for a 2021, 2022, 2023 4Dr Wildtrak, hard top, lux package, leather and now Hoss 3.0 suspension. I was driving around in an old jeep wrangler and I have a kid on the way and really needed something a bit safer and more solid on the highways. Bronco checked all the boxes.

Last month I picked up a brand new Area51 2022 Outerbanks (sasquatch package, hard top, mod bumper, high package and roast leather) that another order holder had dropped. Have no idea how but got it at MSRP. There were multiple people waiting in the lobby as I was going through the purchase process to see if I would back out!

I am interested to see what you guys would do in my shoes here. Would you privately sell or trade in the Outerbanks when the Wildtrak comes in or would you sell the Wildtrak and keep the Outerbanks? This assumes I get an offer close to what I paid for the Outerbanks.

On either trim I plan to throw on ADV fenders (sitting in my garage), 2-3" lift and 37's. The main difference would be that on the Wildtrak I would just do some perch collars since it has the upgraded Fox Hoss 3.0 suspension. On the Outerbanks I would throw on some new coilovers (TBD on brand but thinking Kings or Icons).

Let me know what you guys think!

Ford Bronco Outerbanks or Wildtrak Bronco Pic 2

Ford Bronco Outerbanks or Wildtrak Bronco Pic 2
Badlands

OP
OP
Stu10

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
May depend on color combo and what you like.

Personally preferred and purchased a loaded sas OBX over a Wildtrak. And would do it again. Although not sure how you feel about sandstone interior. Or conversely the Area 51 you have now. If it were me I’d keep the OBX roast start your mods now and wrap it exactly to the color of your liking and let go of the WT.
Wildtrak is black and Outerbanks is Area51. Funny you bring up wrap as I just got a quote to wrap it Satin Black (exterior and cross bars not the jams). I ordered ADV fenders over black Friday and I am going to fit and install myself but the cost to get them paint matched is crazy expensive! Wrapping the vehicle is really not that much more cost wise.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
What dealership is this, that is selling Sas Bronco's at MSRP?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wildtrak is black and Outerbanks is Area51. Funny you bring up wrap as I just got a quote to wrap it Satin Black (exterior and cross bars not the jams). I ordered ADV fenders over black Friday and I am going to fit and install myself but the cost to get them paint matched is crazy expensive! Wrapping the vehicle is really not that much more cost wise.
that’s a toss up then IMO. Unless you really like satin over factory black on the WT. If you dislike Area 51 and all the other 2022/23 colors like me, OBX w a wrap makes sense. But if it’s some iteration of black you’re after the WT may make sense. My biggest gripe is I dislike all the new colors and area51 is by far my least favorite. So I would likely wrap it and keep the OBX. Versus getting a WT in a factory color I didn’t love. But if you’re content w factory black on the WT that’s better then bootlegging the OBX in a wrap with uncovered jambs

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hamburger or hot dog? Both are good in their own ways and you really can't go wrong.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the biggest difference is the HOSS 3.0 on the WT. You also didn't say whether the OBX is the 2.3 or 2.7? Since the WT you ordered has the Lux package you are getting things like adaptive cruise control (which I love) and a heated steering wheel (hopefully) so it's not just aesthetics.

It comes down to what do your really want? I've learned with cars don't settle because you will never be happy in the long.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well other than the vinyl interior (for those who think that's a plus) and the front locker on a Badlands vs non-sasquatch Outer Banks - I really don't see any benefit to the Badlands package.

The front locker is important to those who are building a crawler; however, that can be addressed any number of different ways - including just adding the Sasquatch package to the OBX.

The front sway bar disconnect is made by Craftsman, many claim that the sway bar is unnecessary anyway.

Adding a Badlands suspension is otherwise plug and play. Just remove the original suspension and slap in the replacement (I have seen these for as low as $500 used and up to $1500 new). The OBX is easily updated to the HOSS 3.0 steering rack too.

Get the OBX if you don't mind doing some upgrades and like the interior. I am definitely enjoying my OBX with the Lux package.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you’ll need the HOSS 3.0 with steering rack and tie rods if you’ll be putting 37s on it and taking off-road. I just don’t see how you can turn that down with the mids you’re putting on it. HOSS 3.0 will be better on the road too with the better dampers. I would be in a WildTrak right now except for the roast interior, my wife insisted on it. OBX roast is the best looking interior you can get in the bronco IMHO.
Sponsored