Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Raptor, 67' Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This post reminds me of the guy at the ski resort always yelling at everyone on a POW day its his ski resort and everyone else is a bunch of gapers. Ok Sir, you can get all the options and everyone else stay away. Maybe they should make to 2WD version for all the rest of us.
Sponsored

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sound like You're not concerned about price....totally agree with you
Nope. From the announcement I knew what I wanted and had a rough idea on price. My B&P is at $42K which is about what I expected. The hardest thing is the wait.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Newsflash kid.

"Overlanders" ARE the new mallcrawlers.

But of course, you're right. Only you will wheel a new Bronco to it's limits, bet you'd roll it on day two. Too bad your mom won't buy you one, then I could find me some cheap samsquamch takeoffs for a cruise down to Kohls.
Probably won't wheel it to its limits however I recently wheeled Imogene and Black Bear. (nice country out there)
Moms been dead for over 10years so I don't see her making any new Bronco purchases for me.
Lighten up was just posting an opinion. Be safe wheelin out there

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
DD with occasional overlanding probable only need 33s and rear lockers at most
True off-roader rock crawler you will benefit from the works.
I pretty much need all that stuff for bar hopping and because it will look cool sitting in the driveway.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pretty much need all that stuff for bar hopping and because it will look cool sitting in the driveway.
Don't forget that another advantage is that during winters you can park on top of the snow bank that's in front of the bar.....that will look cool

Sponsored

Bronco-chris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord LOL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you sure? I mean you started an entire thread stating your opinion about what others should or shouldn't buy. Even going as far to state folks will be bedazzling their Broncos with suspension and engine upgrades they simply won't need.

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to be the purchase police..... Just scratching my head and wondering why so many folks are willing to part with 5-10k extra for functional aesthetics when they can just add aesthetics and save some bucks.
But hey if you got the $$ to burn knock yourself out
I think you might be on the forum? So people want what they want. If you just worry about you it's all good . Just saying.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mean, nobody needs a Hellcat Redeye either. Following that line of thinking is why we've ended up with the market being saturated with boring unibody econo crossovers that have a wound up rubber band of a 4 banger to slog you from a to b.

99% of my vehicle usage I could accomplish with a Toyota Corolla. But that's not fun, and the 1% of the time that I would need/get more usage out of a vehicle like a Squatched Bronco is even more fun that I would be missing out on without the Bronco.
ā€˜FUNā€™. Thatā€™s the word of the day. I see a few GT500 owners on here (like me). Life is too short to drive boring cars. Iā€™m personally getting a 2-Door BB (lightest body) with the big engine and short gears.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be upgrading the engine, too.

Itā€™s going to be a riot having a fast and capable truck to compliment the Shelby.

Grayman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Sucksarado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to be the purchase police..... Just scratching my head and wondering why so many folks are willing to part with 5-10k extra for functional aesthetics when they can just add aesthetics and save some bucks.
But hey if you got the $$ to burn knock yourself out

Grayman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Sucksarado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have taken to calling my new Bronco 'The Mid-Life Crisis', because I am technically allowed one and this is it. ;)
I call the bronco the convertile car that can tow my trailer to the dump and carry the kayaks... Mid-life crisis would be an M2. Price is not that much more...

Last edited:

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I live on the east coast near Uwharrie. I'm all about having a vehicle capable enough to handle all the trails there. We currently have an '05 Jeep LJ on 32s with no lockers and it can crawl over anything out there I've ever tried. Heck, my pathetic little subaru with 150hp and 28" AT tires can get through 80% of the Uwharrie "off road" trails. Reality is, I don't live out west and probably won't ever do much actual "rock crawling". I don't imagine ever "needing" more than 33s on a Bronco.

But, looks matter. 33s on the four door look puny. I couldn't imagine getting a 4 door and not 'squatching it. But if I go 2dr, I'll probably just stick with 33s.

I'm torn between Badlands and Black Diamond. Black Diamond would probably be more than capable enough for any off-roading I'd ever do if I put 33s on it. But, there's still this part of me that thinks "Why not spend a few grand more and get the "best" one...?"

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might buy my wife the Badlands so she can drive it to the mall every day for work. Itā€™ll be the best looking mall crawler there.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...said everyone who ever bought a sports car when the speed limit is 70...

It has nothing to do with what you need, it boils down to what you want.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ā€˜FUNā€™. Thatā€™s the word of the day. I see a few GT500 owners on here (like me). Life is too short to drive boring cars. Iā€™m personally getting a 2-Door BB (lightest body) with the big engine and short gears.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be upgrading the engine, too.

Itā€™s going to be a riot having a fast and capable truck to compliment the Shelby.
Absolutely. Boring cars are well, boring. I was driving a Corolla at 25 and said wtf am I doing. Iā€™ve been in a Camaro or a Challenger since. My 19ā€™ scat pack is the most fun Iā€™ve ever had driving a car.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.