Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You buy birth control but we don’t say anything about that. ?‍♂
Ya but in doing so your tires actually enter the the mud that's why you need it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't it the other way around? A "True rock crawler" doesn't need twin turbos to crawl along at 0.5 MPH. In fact, increased weight and fuel consumption only hurt you on a remote trail.

"True rock crawlers" really only care about approach/departure angles, lockers, and gear reduction.
good point

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think of it this way...on average, people who buy new vehicles keep them 6 years. So, in 2027 some of the future owners will have fully optioned first year vehicles. :)

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
99% of this forum only NEEDS something with an engine and wheels that can do the speed limit on public roads, unless your house is on top of a pile of boulders and you have rock crawl to get home. Even then, you don’t NEED any new Bronco. A beater 4x4 would do.

Ford Bronco OVERESTIMATION 94F29AF4-775B-49EF-B1FA-2ECA16C3F67F

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For the same reason you buy a GT350 over an Ecoboost. Because you want to. Plus, you never know when you want to show up that loud mouthed kid in a Camaro. ?
Ford Bronco OVERESTIMATION 1603728172942

Sponsored

FTFRS

I mean, nobody needs a Hellcat Redeye either. Following that line of thinking is why we've ended up with the market being saturated with boring unibody econo crossovers that have a wound up rubber band of a 4 banger to slog you from a to b.

99% of my vehicle usage I could accomplish with a Toyota Corolla. But that's not fun, and the 1% of the time that I would need/get more usage out of a vehicle like a Squatched Bronco is even more fun that I would be missing out on without the Bronco.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who am I to judge what people buy or do with it afterwards?

To be fair I drive maybe 15 miles a day on roads that max out at 45MPH, so I didn't really need a Mustang GT with all the track goodies on it. But I wanted it, could afford it, and didn't need more reasoning than that.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, this forum represent a very small percentage of future Bronco owners. I can certainly see many forum member using more of the Bronco's capability than the average buyer.

It is also always better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Having said all that, I'm poor and stingy, so I'm just buying Big Bend with rear locker.

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I priced out OBX and BL with everything I would want. The OBX was only $1500 cheaper and I was missing out on a front locker, disconnecting sway bar, better wheels/tires, better suspension, and steel bumpers. The only thing I gained was body painted flares, mirror caps, and extra sound dampening.

Fords pricing doesn't make sense. People choosing the better deal does.

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
DD with occasional overlanding probable only need 33s and rear lockers at most
True off-roader rock crawler you will benefit from the works.
I Agree. The Badlands is already very equipped. The majority of my driving would be at higher speeds 95% and a chance of a periodic 5% off road. The Sasquarch gearing w/ 4.70 ratio not being to highway friendly.

Sponsored

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ehh people want what they want.

I don't need 35s and a lift and sure am not paying a 5k up charge for that plus the other sasquatch features I don't need.

I will however go aftermarket to get a lift and larger rubber at some point.

Why?

Cause I'm a poser.

I'm okay with that.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ya but in doing so your tires actually enter the the mud that's why you need it.
If you are taking the back trails and getting mud on your tires you don’t need birth control.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To some extent you are correct, I always see $50K 4X4's all tricked out with chrome and fancy paint running around, but then again there are a lot of people who need them for bad weather or just fun in the dirt or rocks, I am in the latter group as I live about 1 hour from this.....
Ford Bronco OVERESTIMATION IMGP1355

Status
Not open for further replies.