swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The context here is "teach me" A deeper pan always meant lowering the pickup many years ago. Is that not relevant here? If it isn't, why? I know somebody out there knows why.
If I get you, your concern is reduced ground clearance?

That isn't relevant here as the increased pan depth only fills empty space between the factory pan and skid plate.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
While we are at it @Ducati1098 what are thoughts on Ford specing so many new screws and nuts in this procedure? Head bolts, or torque to yield, sure, replace them. Sway bar mounting and the others in the guide you posted as one time use?

????

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While we are at it @Ducati1098 what are thoughts on Ford specing so many new screws and nuts in this procedure? Head bolts, or torque to yield, sure, replace them. Sway bar mounting and the others in the guide you posted as one time use?

????
It’s a ridiculous pain in the ass. I think Ford does it from a liability stance.

If it isn’t torque to yield, I see absolutely no reason it cannot be reused.

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

????

That was interesting to me too. It states to toss them, but I didn’t see a part number to replace them. Did you happen to reuse yours when doing this, or did you purchase all new ones?

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
thank you, and thanks to you I have gone down this rabbit hole and now I want to change all fluids and do this at the 1k mile mark! LOL
It's extremely conservative, but what the heck. Baby our babies. And then beat 'em up. I'm heading to Glamis this weekend.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I always reuse the majority of bolts on Fords never ever had a bolt failure, but usually use the torque specs so that makes a big difference. The only time I deal with tty bolts, like heads, usually toss em and convert to ARP versions.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I get you, your concern is reduced ground clearance?

That isn't relevant here as the increased pan depth only fills empty space between the factory pan and skid plate.
Sorry. I wasn't clear. A deeper pan usually requires extending the pickup tube downward in to the now deeper sump. I didn't see that mentioned here and was wondering why that wouldn't be necessary. Bear in mind this is from an old small block Chevy/Ford guy that ran deeper, baffled pans on most of his stuff. TIA

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry. I wasn't clear. A deeper pan usually requires extending the pickup tube downward in to the now deeper sump. I didn't see that mentioned here and was wondering why that wouldn't be necessary. Bear in mind this is from an old small block Chevy/Ford guy that ran deeper, baffled pans on most of his stuff. TIA
I am not positive on this. However, with a deeper pan combined with a larger fluid volume, I would guess the design places the distance between fluid intake and free fluid surface the same, thus not requiring any mechanical modification.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am not positive on this. However, with a deeper pan combined with a larger fluid volume, I would guess the design places the distance between fluid intake and free fluid surface the same, thus not requiring any mechanical modification.
That’s correct. Pick up location doesn’t need to change just because the pan is deeper. As long as the fluid level is set correctly with the additional capacity, it’ll work the same as a factory capacity pan.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s correct. Pick up location doesn’t need to change just because the pan is deeper. As long as the fluid level is set correctly with the additional capacity, it’ll work the same as a factory capacity pan.
Great. Thank you both.
Sponsored