swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mishimoto and PPE pans were considered but neither had confirmed fit for the Raptor. I think both our 10R60 and 10R80 trannies can use the same pan less the fit of nearby components. Unfortunately, Mishimoto would not respond to repeated inquires under their sponsorship program, which basically gets one a free part for confirming a new fitment. PPE responded quickly and were helpful and flexible if a return was needed. That said I did pay full price.

I went with the increased depth/volume pan which provides an additional 1.75 quarts of fluid capacity.

PPE 328053600

As noted in the detailed instructions provided by @Ducati1098 , the sway bar disconnect motor does need to be dropped and the fit is tight. The fill level on the dipstick for the Raptor is the same as non Raptor, between 3 and 4, with fully up to temp fluid.

As noted by @CarbonSteel here the PPE pan is very nice. I went with black with brushed silver fins.

Ford Bronco Oversized PPE Aluminum Transmission Pan - Fit Confirmed Screenshot_20240117-184854

Obviously benefits here: easier servicing via magnetic drain plug, better cooling, more fluid, less chance to warp, additional impact strength (even if protected by a skid).

Here is the stock pan vs. PPE and the beauty installed.

Ford Bronco Oversized PPE Aluminum Transmission Pan - Fit Confirmed IMG_3344_20240117_095842

Ford Bronco Oversized PPE Aluminum Transmission Pan - Fit Confirmed IMG_3341_20240117_095842

Ford Bronco Oversized PPE Aluminum Transmission Pan - Fit Confirmed IMG_3351_20240117_095842-01

No idea if this deeper pan will fit non Raptor.

Ref trans filter part number: HL3Z7A098A

A̶l̶s̶o̶ n̶o̶t̶e̶, t̶h̶e̶ f̶i̶l̶t̶e̶r̶ s̶e̶a̶l̶ (̶n̶o̶t̶ p̶a̶n̶ s̶e̶a̶l̶)̶ i̶s̶ n̶o̶t̶ a̶v̶a̶i̶l̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ a̶s̶ a̶ s̶e̶p̶a̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ p̶a̶r̶t̶ a̶s̶ i̶m̶p̶l̶i̶e̶d̶ i̶n̶ t̶h̶e̶ i̶n̶s̶t̶r̶u̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ l̶i̶n̶k̶e̶d̶ a̶b̶o̶v̶e̶. My dealer parts guy said this seal is only available as a part of the entire trans pump.

Update: Filter seal part number as provided in post below is 7T4Z-7Z302-A
Sponsored

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Both pans will work for 10R60 or 10R80.
Bronco raptor uses the same 10R60 as a regular 2.7 Bronco. (technically there is a part number difference, but I've been through all the parts in both, and couldn't find any differences 🤷‍♂️)

Also, I'm not sure why Ford only includes the filter gasket with a new pump on Broncos, but the gasket part number is 7T4Z-7Z302-A

Last edited:

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both pans will work for 10R60 or 10R80.
Bronco raptor uses the same 10R60 as a regular 2.7 Bronco. (technically there is a part number difference, but I've been through all the parts in both, and couldn't find any differences 🤷‍♂️)

Also, I'm not sure why Ford only includes the filter to pump gasket with a new filter on Broncos, but the gasket part number is 7T4Z-7Z302-A
Its mostly for people who decide to use an aftermarket filter and not the Motorcraft one. I have done a service on a 10r60 and the customer provided their own filter but it did not include the gasket and yes you can reuse the gasket but it is better to replace them everytime due to the temperature fluctuations

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its mostly for people who decide to use an aftermarket filter and not the Motorcraft one. I have done a service on a 10r60 and the customer provided their own filter but it did not include the gasket and yes you can reuse the gasket but it is better to replace them everytime due to the temperature fluctuations
But Bronco is the only 10R60 that I'm aware of where the seal cannot be purchased separately from the filter pump according to the parts catalog. 10R80's are available separate also. It doesn't really make sense.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@swamp2 - are you referring to the filter "o-ring" that is not available or something else?
It's the large diameter internally ribbed part highlighted in yellow in the instructions posted by Ducati1098. It connects directly to the filter.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But Bronco is the only 10R60 that I'm aware of where the seal cannot be purchased separately from the filter according to the parts catalog. 10R80's are available separate also. It doesn't really make sense.
I'll have to look into it but I have had some Motorcraft filters not include a gasket and then some you HAVE to order it separately. Its just weird. I'm always afraid when doing a rebuild of them not sending it in the box. So I usually just get the parts guys to order just to be on the safe side.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll have to look into it but I have had some Motorcraft filters not include a gasket and then some you HAVE to order it separately.
Right, that's what I mean though. The the filter and gasket have always been available separate. I'm doing a 10R80 right now, filter has no gasket.
Now all of a sudden on Bronco, the gasket isn't.

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's the large diameter internally ribbed part highlighted in yellow in the instructions posted by Ducati1098. It connects directly to the filter.
It has a separate part number (silly that it is not part of the filter "kit" though). Pretty sure this is the part number for it:

7T4Z-7Z302-A

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right, that's what I mean though. The the filter and gasket have always been separate. I'm doing a 10R80 right now, filter has no gasket.
Now all of a sudden on Bronco, they only come together.
That's odd cause I just did an expedition the other day and it did come with one though. Strange

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@swamp2 - are you referring to the filter "o-ring" that is not available or something else?
It's the large diameter internally ribbed part highlighted in yellow in the instructions posted by Ducati1098. It connects directly to the filter

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The context here is "teach me" A deeper pan always meant lowering the pickup many years ago. Is that not relevant here? If it isn't, why? I know somebody out there knows why.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also, I'm not sure why Ford only includes the filter to pump gasket with a new filter on Broncos, but the gasket part number is 7T4Z-7Z302-A
Neither of my filters from a delaer and another from ebay included the filter to trans seal.

But my parts guy was clearly wrong given that part number above. Thanks much!
Sponsored