First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it’s more that most normal people can adapt their speed on their own as easily as they can breathe.
It'd be nice in bay area stop and go traffic
When I've had radar cruise in rentals it's really nice in traffic

I think that's the main attraction for me with radar cruise, not so much using it on the open road

Although driving a manual, I guess at least I have something to do while I'm stuck in traffic with all the clutching and shifting in and out of neutral
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven’t seen any turn off/on switches in any of the interior photos I’ve seen, which leads me to believe they will be part of the touch screen setup. If this is true, it means it won’t be a one step switch to shut off..... still not a deal breaker.
Most of them have been in the info screen behind the steering wheel. Many of the newer models have moved them to the nav screen where it's easier to pull them up line by line and turn them on or off.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m all about these items. They’re another set of tools in my box.
This. I have several tools in the box I haven't used for years. But they will be there when I finally need them or want to use them. Same goes for all these tech extras. I love my adaptive cruise but have turned the lane assist off and the crash warning on the lowest setting.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adaptive cruise control is sweet.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of them have been in the info screen behind the steering wheel. Many of the newer models have moved them to the nav screen where it's easier to pull them up line by line and turn them on or off.

yeah, I wasn't sure. We have a 2019 trail hawk Grand Cherokee ( now that thing is LUX, at least to me) and there is a row of switches for most things, so it's a quick one step...whatever it is, I'll deal with it and may even get used to some things. May have to learn how to use cruise control....lol

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how Ford deals with airbags off road??
Maybe crawler speed or when you select the display option for off road it may turn it off or sets it that it won't deploy as easily or something? Who knows

Bondo329

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2020 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BLISS-don't really use it, but I leave it on. I learned to drive using mirrors and turning my head. I never really notice the little light on the mirror.
Adaptive cruise-use it every day, greatest electronic aid ever invented.
Lane assist-turn off the steering assist on Ford's and just let the steering wheel vibrate. The steering assist isn't strong enough to yank the wheel out of your hands. I just find it disconcerting. The steering wheel vibration is unobtrusive. My Tacoma just beeps, which is nice.
Backup warning-annoys the hell out of me, but I leave it on. It just means I have to look harder when it false alarms; which it does frequently. Every now and then, though, it's right!
Front sensing/braking assist-I leave it in low sensitivity. On high or medium it triggers far too often.
Traction Control-you will rarely even know it's working on modern vehicles. GOAT mode will set it appropriately for the terrain, just like off road modes do on the other Ford's I've owned.
Auto headlamps-I use them. Why wouldn't I? They're awesome, and I'll never be the idiot on the freeway with just my daytime running lights on in the dark.
Auto High beams- I use them on rural roads. I hate them on the freeway. The sensors frequently miss cars on the other side of the divider and it's rude to blind them. They can be toggled easily in the Menu.
Automatic front camera-only on the Tacoma. It's a feature I wish Ford would add, though. The Front camera automatically turns on below 5 mph.
Auto start/stop-actually it's really cool once you get used to it. It can be turned off temporarily on the dash or permanently (I think, I just leave it on) in the menu.

I've been using these nannies for years, not because I'm a bad driver. Although, no one, including me, is as good a driver as they think they are. Anyone who proclaims they are a great driver is best avoided on the road or on the track. My first vehicle with most of these features was a 2010 Taurus SHO. Then a 2014 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer Sport, 2018 F350 Lariat, 2020 F-150 Platinum (wife's current vehicle) and my current daily driver 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro. All the Ford's restarted in the same nannie configuration the truck was turned off in. Well except for GOAT/Off Road modes, Tow Mode and other transmission mapping modes.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BLISS-don't really use it, but I leave it on. I learned to drive using mirrors and turning my head. I never really notice the little light on the mirror.
Lane assist-turn off the steering assist on Ford's and just let the steering wheel vibrate. The steering assist isn't strong enough to yank the wheel out of your hands. I just find it disconcerting. The steering wheel vibration is unobtrusive. My Tacoma just beeps, which is nice.
Backup warning-annoys the hell out of me, but I leave it on. It just means I have to look harder when it false alarms; which it does frequently. Every now and then, though, it's right!
Front sensing/braking assist-I leave it in low sensitivity. On high or medium it triggers far too often.
Traction Control-you will rarely even know it's working on modern vehicles. GOAT mode will set it appropriately for the terrain, just like off road modes do on the other Ford's I've owned.
Auto headlamps-I use them. Why wouldn't I? They're awesome, and I'll never be the idiot on the freeway with just my daytime running lights on in the dark.
Auto High beams- I use them on rural roads. I hate them on the freeway. The sensors frequently miss cars on the other side of the divider and it's rude to blind them. They can be toggled easily in the Menu.
Automatic front camera-only on the Tacoma. It's a feature I wish Ford would add, though. The Front camera automatically turns on below 5 mph.
Auto start/stop-actually it's really cool once you get used to it. It can be turned off temporarily on the dash or permanently (I think, I just leave it on) in the menu.

I've been using these nannies for years, not because I'm a bad driver. Although, no one, including me, is as good a driver as they think they are. Anyone who proclaims they are a great driver is best avoided on the road or on the track. My first vehicle with most of these features was a 2010 Taurus SHO. Then a 2014 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer Sport, 2018 F350 Lariat, 2020 F-150 Platinum (wife's current vehicle) and my current daily driver 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro. All the Ford's restarted in the same nannie configuration the truck was turned off in. Well except for GOAT/Off Road modes, Tow Mode and other transmission mapping modes.
I especially like Blis. One time on a highway, I almost ran over a motorcycle. I didn't see him when I looked back or in the mirror. The light came on and I just missed him. I had an Expedition then, so not the easiest vehicle to see around. I have an Edge now and when trucks park beside me, cross traffic isn't always visible until I start backing up. In those cases, Blis see's it before I can.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have driven on race tracks in my old FR-S and out ran vettes, cameros and mustangs so I do in fact know how to drive.

I drive two lane, rural highways every single day. Here in Texas, passing on the shoulder when someone is turning across traffic is legal on an improved two lane road. In addition, I position my vehicle in the lane depending on the situation, often hugging the white or yellow line. When I do this in my wife's Camry, I #$%@#$% hate it. Steering pulls or the car beeps and as the guy running the apex stated, it is trying to kill me. I absolutely will remove that feature.

The auto-dim brights are not as bad but I still turn them off whenever I drive the Camry at night because I am watching for oncoming car light halos and prefer the attention required to driving in the black of a country night. I have successfully avoided a dozen or more deer and I think I do a better job than the automatic system of shutting off the brights before getting in range of the oncoming cars. I have also watched the automatic system flip out on highly reflective road signs and that is a deal breaker.

Standard Cruise is perfect for me. If I come up on a car, I disengage and wait for my opportunity to pass. The absolute last thing I want is to be stuck in a caravan of cars because I don't trust them. If traffic will not allow passing, I adjust the speed manually and set the distance I want. A touch up or down is simple and I am still paying attention to what I am supposed to be doing.

Blindspot system is the least offensive, but I can count on one hand the number of times a car got into my blindspot without me knowing and the Camry had to tell me. Each and every time that happened I took it as an insult and doubled down on my vigilance. I would leave that one on.

I have mixed feelings about the forward sensing braking system. It has never gone off with me behind the wheel in the Camry but I have seen it with my wife behind the wheel. I will reserve judgement on that one but I would still prefer not to pay for it.

The backing system is pretty nice but that never comes into play while driving, only when leaving a parking place. Again, I would leave that one on.

Sponsored

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They really need to make a thing so your seatbelt goes on automatically instead of having to remember to strap in. That’d be so excellent.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are you guys driving that are critiquing me? In SoCal on the freeway I don’t see many using signals. We kind of just ebb and flow. You get used to watching people’s intentions.

When you are crossing 6 lanes of heavy traffic you gotta fight for your spot. Signals aren’t always the best solution for that. A signal might be what gets you blocked out of changing lanes.

Most times with such heavy traffic I am more focused on what the people in the next lane are doing, is there a motorcycle splitting the lane, is this guy gonna try to box me out when he notices that I want to change lanes and then I focus on my mirrors and make my change.
We need an intervention about why you refuse to use your turn signals. You're telling me the other drivers turn into a defensive line when you signal? Even flashing your signal briefly can help catch another driver's attention if they're distracted. You're this guy huh

a-russian-turn-signal-25443.gif

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They really need to make a thing so your seatbelt goes on automatically instead of having to remember to strap in. That’d be so excellent.
They actually had such a thing. My Sister had a rental back in the 80's. It might have been a Mazda or Mitsubishi. Can't remember for sure. When you got in, the belt moved back in a track above the window.
Ford Bronco Packages and Driving Nannies belt

OP
OP
MVP

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thank you!! This is exactly the comment I was looking for. I wondered how adjustable these nannies are.

OP
OP
MVP

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need an intervention about why you refuse to use your turn signals. You're telling me the other drivers turn into a defensive line when you signal? Even flashing your signal briefly can help catch another driver's attention if they're distracted. You're this guy huh

a-russian-turn-signal-25443.gif
Yes that is what I’m telling you. Do you commute on the 405 in rush hour? No one wants to let you over. People will wall you out. You have to play chicken to get over at times.

When you do get in people will try to maneuver to rush around you and cut you off so they are one more car length closer to home. Even though you are already doing 80mph.

I didn’t say I never use my signal. I use it all the time but there are times where you don’t. Also like someone said two lane highways. Also in California motorcycle lane splitting is legal and it is the law that you have to move over and share the lane. If you move over to hug the line the lane keep can jerk you back which is dangerous for the motorcyclist.

I have been driving in LA traffic my whole life. You gotta get in when you can or you are assed out. I also split lanes on my motorcycle. I appreciate the mirror light but I don’t want the nannies to jerk someone back into me.
Sponsored