Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am in the process of getting some PPF bids for the Braptor along with UV tinting the windows matching them to 20%
Sponsored

vick

First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man I hope to get away with Ceramic on a black raptor if I am not taking it offroad for a 3 year car. Think I can ?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I confirmed because I wasn't sure what Xpel had in their pre-kits for installers,. but the entire Braptor is good to go for Xpel so not a whole lot of custom cutting. They have templates for the flares btw.

Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I confirmed because I wasn't sure what Xpel had in their pre-kits for installers,. but the entire Braptor is good to go for Xpel so not a whole lot of custom cutting. They have templates for the flares btw.
This is a dumb question but I’ve never had PPF installed. Is there an option for them to wrap edges and corners so there’s no visible film lines, or as few as possible, in our case having to just edge up to the flare w/o removing?

Then the alternative is to use precut templates?

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is a dumb question but I’ve never had PPF installed. Is there an option for them to wrap edges and corners so there’s no visible film lines, or as few as possible, in our case having to just edge up to the flare w/o removing?

There were no visible lines on my wrap by the flares. I think there is just enough of a gap to tuck without removing

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So is this a no
I was commenting (meme-ing) on your seeming intent to not drive your rig off road.

PPF is great for on road and even better for off road protection. Bushes/brush/scrub leave very nasty and permanent scratches in ones paint when off roading. A non issue with PPF.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There were no visible lines on my wrap by the flares. I think there is just enough of a gap to tuck without removing
For sure removing those flares is not the best idea, so they can do them without removing.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not sure you got your question answered yet, so….

Yes. a quality installer can and should wrap and hide all edges that are exposed. They should also remove parts like door handles, tire carrier, side air vents, hood vent, trail guides, the little accessory covers above windshield, et to wrap under the part or wrap the edges.

Other related thoughts…

You should have a minimum of “relief” cuts. This is a cut to wrap the film around a radius that the film can’t stretch without puckering. Your installer should be able to tell you where that will occur in advance. I only have a couple spots and it’s only visible on close inspection.

They can remove the flares, but the pattern I saw was for it to butt up to the flare. Removing flare will take more time & money without any visible improvement. . Mine looks great IMO without removing flares. It also looks hideous under the flares, so I’m never going to remove the flares because it looks cool.

You’re probably going to spend $6-7k for XPel in California. Have a couple guys walk you through what they will do in detail before committing. It’s a significant investment!

Don’t forget about headlights, door sills, any other front facing lights.

Last thought. I am now considering doing the interior of my tailgate. That looks like it’s going to get abused (e.g. my skis). May want to consider that too.

Good luck!

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I need to call around more. I was quoted $6000 for Suntek Ultra.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have two quotes in, one is Xpel, the other is LLumar which owns Suntek. Both quotes in the 6-6500 range.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow!!!! I have to say the pics on here of the Xpel stealth full install are excellent, I just cant justify/afford the 6K plus price tag:cry:

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I looked into this a while back when XPEL got the templates done for the Bronco, the track / aka self healing PPF full wrap was going to be in the 6500 range by a XPEL "good" dealer install. I think others may have got closer to 5k. I may do a partial haven't decided.
That’s like 40 full paint jobs at Maaco.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure you got your question answered yet, so….

Yes. a quality installer can and should wrap and hide all edges that are exposed. They should also remove parts like door handles, tire carrier, side air vents, hood vent, trail guides, the little accessory covers above windshield, et to wrap under the part or wrap the edges.

Other related thoughts…

You should have a minimum of “relief” cuts. This is a cut to wrap the film around a radius that the film can’t stretch without puckering. Your installer should be able to tell you where that will occur in advance. I only have a couple spots and it’s only visible on close inspection.

They can remove the flares, but the pattern I saw was for it to butt up to the flare. Removing flare will take more time & money without any visible improvement. . Mine looks great IMO without removing flares. It also looks hideous under the flares, so I’m never going to remove the flares because it looks cool.

You’re probably going to spend $6-7k for XPel in California. Have a couple guys walk you through what they will do in detail before committing. It’s a significant investment!

Don’t forget about headlights, door sills, any other front facing lights.

Last thought. I am now considering doing the interior of my tailgate. That looks like it’s going to get abused (e.g. my skis). May want to consider that too.

Good luck!
Thank you for this very thorough explanation.
Sponsored