SLBronco11

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How did they get the texture off the fender flares?
Just sand them? Or fill & sand?
I’m not really sure the process but he did say he is going to spray them first then sand then prime, paint, and clear coat.

So Im guess fill and sand

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did they get the texture off the fender flares?
Just sand them? Or fill & sand?
Found this online.

Painting Process
  • Use 200 grit sand paper to sand the surface of the flare. This will remove imperfections and rough spots on the surface of the flare. Doing so allows the primer to adhere to fender flare. After sanding, wipe the entire surface of the flare with a tack cloth to remove any dust on the flare.
  • Treat the surface of the flare with an adhesion promoter. Sand the flares again with a very light sanding - use a 2000 grit scotch brite pad. Once more, wipe the surface with a tack rag.
  • Apply 1 coat of polypropylene primer. Apply a 2nd coat as needed.
  • Apply your paint to the fender flare. Use slow, sweeping motions. For best results, apply two or three thin, yet even coats on the flares. This helps avoid runs in the paint.
  • Mist or dust the first coat of paint onto the flare. Let it dry for approximately 30 minutes - check the manufacturer's guidelines for exact drying times.
  • Continue with additional coats of paint until you have the desired coverage for your flare. Be sure you allow each coat to dry before adding the next coat.
  • Apply clear coat as desired, usually 1-2 coats.
  • Let the fender flares dry for 24 hours. This will completely harden the paint.

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Found this online.

Painting Process
  • Use 200 grit sand paper to sand the surface of the flare. This will remove imperfections and rough spots on the surface of the flare. Doing so allows the primer to adhere to fender flare. After sanding, wipe the entire surface of the flare with a tack cloth to remove any dust on the flare.
  • Treat the surface of the flare with an adhesion promoter. Sand the flares again with a very light sanding - use a 2000 grit scotch brite pad. Once more, wipe the surface with a tack rag.
  • Apply your paint to the fender flare. Use slow, sweeping motions. For best results, apply two or three thin, yet even coats on the flares. This helps avoid runs in the paint.
  • Mist or dust the first coat of paint onto the flare. Let it dry for approximately 30 minutes - check the manufacturer's guidelines for exact drying times.
  • Continue with additional coats of paint until you have the desired coverage for your flare. Be sure you allow each coat to dry before adding the next coat.
  • Let the fender flares dry for 24 hours. This will completely harden the paint.
Thanks for this!

topnotch2023

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just picked up my my fender flares and grill from the paint shop. Loving the all black look.

Ford Bronco Painted fender flares and grill gloss black F63E42F8-0A70-4C17-A5EF-92EB52D8030F

Ford Bronco Painted fender flares and grill gloss black F63E42F8-0A70-4C17-A5EF-92EB52D8030F

Where did you get the LED lights on your front bumper? Is that the Modular Bumper? Also, where did you find the black Ford oval emblem?

OP
OP
SLBronco11

SLBronco11

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

topnotch2023

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Bronco Master

Base
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2017 Ford Superduty F-250 STX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's nice man Congrats! God Bless

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Found this online.

Painting Process
Thanks for posting this.

The raw plastic will fade and look ugly so I'll probably paint mine, not sure of color but maybe black or dark gray to match the top.

tynamo29

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been thinking of doing this to mine too, thanks for posting. This has definitely helped me make up my mind! Can I ask what kind of price range the paint shop charged for that?
Ford Bronco Painted fender flares and grill gloss black A1B71E2D-2AB2-4D1D-AFC8-F18F85136A2B
Sponsored