Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 VW GTI & '21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all:

I got a good one here and I can’t find an answer anywhere. I’m having an issue where the parking aid volume is extremely faint when there is an object detected behind the Bronco. In “D” drive it’s normal volume when objects in front are detected but in “R” reverse you really have to listen hard to hear it.

I did a master reset and it worked for a day or two but then it happened again. I do have the Kicker 200.4 amp installed with a plug n play harness, but I don’t suspect it to a culprit.

Have any of you experienced this before? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Our ‘21 Big Bend does that, and to be honest I like it and don’t want to fix it😄. My hearing’s pretty bad anyway, so the only way I know it’s detecting something is because it mutes the radio, too.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This winter, each time there was ice or snow on the front, the sensor was going each time I stopped.

Annoying as hell

OP
OP
P_Baff

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our ‘21 Big Bend does that, and to be honest I like it and don’t want to fix it😄. My hearing’s pretty bad anyway, so the only way I know it’s detecting something is because it mutes the radio, too.
Interesting. Do you have any aftermarket sound equipment attached? What happened to me was that I was in "R" with the radio on and got a phone call at the same time the system was beeping. I turned the volume knob down in an effort to hear the phone call a little bit better, but it did something where only the reverse parking aid volume is very faint. Not sure what to do...

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Interesting. Do you have any aftermarket sound equipment attached? What happened to me was that I was in "R" with the radio on and got a phone call at the same time the system was beeping. I turned the volume knob down in an effort to hear the phone call a little bit better, but it did something where only the reverse parking aid volume is very faint. Not sure what to do...
Only aftermarket audio device was the JBL Sound Bar that was already installed when I bought it. Other than that, the audio system is bone stock minus the rear speakers.

Wonder if the reverse parking aid volume is adjustable with the volume knob? Never thought of that before, but I've seen other devices that work that way. By chance, have you tried adjusting it while it's in "R" and alerting? I'll have to try that when I get home and report back.

Sponsored

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tundra long travel prerunner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all:

I got a good one here and I can’t find an answer anywhere. I’m having an issue where the parking aid volume is extremely faint when there is an object detected behind the Bronco. In “D” drive it’s normal volume when objects in front are detected but in “R” reverse you really have to listen hard to hear it.

I did a master reset and it worked for a day or two but then it happened again. I do have the Kicker 200.4 amp installed with a plug n play harness, but I don’t suspect it to a culprit.

Have any of you experienced this before? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
I'm having the exact same issue as you.
It started happening after I installed the kicker key/PP harness. I noticed that you can control the beeping volume when the front sensors activating (going forward). I just simply adjusted the volume knob while it was beeping. I tried doing the same thing when in reverse, and didn't notice any volume change in the beeping.

OP
OP
P_Baff

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm having the exact same issue as you.
It started happening after I installed the kicker key/PP harness. I noticed that you can control the beeping volume when the front sensors activating (going forward). I just simply adjusted the volume knob while it was beeping. I tried doing the same thing when in reverse, and didn't notice any volume change in the beeping.
What is weird is that it happened AFTER the Plug N Play harness. It worked great for almost a year and just recently it started happening. I wonder if this is happening to others WITHOUT the Kicker amp and P n' P harness.

OP
OP
P_Baff

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might try disconnecting the P n' P harness go back to stock and see what I come up with.

OP
OP
P_Baff

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only aftermarket audio device was the JBL Sound Bar that was already installed when I bought it. Other than that, the audio system is bone stock minus the rear speakers.

Wonder if the reverse parking aid volume is adjustable with the volume knob? Never thought of that before, but I've seen other devices that work that way. By chance, have you tried adjusting it while it's in "R" and alerting? I'll have to try that when I get home and report back.
It's definitely not adjustable with the knob. I contacted Ford C/S and they told me I should bring it to the dealer as there is no volume adjustability for the reverse sensing parking aid.

jandro

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x1, c30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might try disconnecting the P n' P harness go back to stock and see what I come up with.
did you have a chance to try this? if so did it make a difference?

Sponsored
OP
OP
P_Baff

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you have a chance to try this? if so did it make a difference?
I haven't gotten around to it yet, but definitely need to. Is yours doing something similar?

OP
OP
P_Baff

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
P_Baff

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was the fader switch on the amp. The reverse parking aid sensors output 95% of the beeping thru the rear speakers. With the fader settings OFF there’s no output signal to the rear speakers since it’s taking in only one input signal, instead of two.
Long story short, keep the Fader on the amp ON.
Sponsored