First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had it happen a couple times after that. 8k miles on it now. It's going in to the dealer soon, because I've got the hard top whistle, and the windows that won't close right every time. Hopefully they can get a code this time.
Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Happened to me the other day. Just over 10k miles. Nothing since though.

BR0NC0M0M

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Mustang; '18 Edge Sport; '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco "Parking Brake Failure" message before start-up IMG_5774

Received the message as well today. Opened door to get into Bronco and this popped up along with some chiming noise. No message in the app. Drove it a couple miles home and no other issues.

<4k miles

Not sure if it’s worth a trip to the dealership or not.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s happened twice to me in the last week. Going to push it to one more time before I take it in. Don’t want it to sit at the dealership for weeks. Mine happens when I’m trying to engage the parking brake

Autoenthusiast2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ BRaptor, 23’ B/L, 22’ Tundra TRD Pro, 22’Trx
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just took delivery/received our Badlands 4dr. SaS. ONLY has 9 miles…Have not even driven the vehicle yet since being delivered to us due to having this “alert message“ on the gauge console.
Ridiculous….
Ford Bronco "Parking Brake Failure" message before start-up 2D6D97C4-6790-4783-8851-D5F526B4A78A

Last edited:

Sponsored

Autoenthusiast2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi there. This "parking brake failure" concern doesn't sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Any news on why this is happening? Only 9 miles on ours and have this alert msg?? Have not even driven the Bronco since taking delivery due to this alert msg. showing up.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any news on why this is happening? Only 9 miles on ours and have this alert msg?? Have not even driven the Bronco since taking delivery due to this alert msg. showing up.
@Ford Motor Company does not respond to provide helpful answers to issues. They only know how to ask for your VIN so they can slide into your DM’s with zero help, or tell you what a neat ride you have because you posted a picture. Absolutely useless.

I received this error a day or two ago as well. Not sure why, and everything seems ok and it hasn’t returned yet *knock on wood.* if it does, I’ll bring it into a dealership but for now it was a one-off. I have 26,000 km’s on mine.

Autoenthusiast2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After searching on the forum there appears to be multiple threads on this P/B Alert issue? But with only 9 miles on the Odom. I may have won the prize for the lowest mileage? Crazy….

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I auto engages when sitting. I had this a couple of times as well right after start-up. Then it never happened agian. No issues noted afterwards. Was at the dealership for the oil change and told them. However, it seems it had no residual DTC codes.
Sponsored