Sponsored

Passenger seat removed - delete SRS light?

Daemione

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 2-door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Been browsing/searching for a while, can't really find anyone who's done this exactly. Going on a road trip with my 2-door and need more length to sleep in the vehicle. So I've removed the front passenger seat, but now of course have an airbag / SRS light on the dash. Anyone know the pinout or resistance needed to spoof the wiring harness? I tried the quick and dirty method of a paperclip to jump the pins on the 2 wires going to the yellow connector, but no luck. Not sure if it's looking for continuity or resistance on any of the other 6 pins.

(Big Bend, no heated or power seats)
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you leave in the buckle part connected and just tuck it under the foam (there seems to be a cut out for it) you shouldn't get anything abnormal.

I have both of my rear seats out, but i left the buckles connected and haven't had lights or anything.

OP
OP

Daemione

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 2-door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That works for the rear seats, this is the front passenger seat. Forscan lists like 4 DTCs - from memory it's the occupancy sensor, airbag, seat buckle, and track position. So it'll take some work to figure out what it needs to see, was hoping to at least find a pinout of the harnesses.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pictures of your interior, please. Removing the rear and front passenger seat is the dream of introverts.