First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just can't wrap my head around it-

perch collars raise a Bronco because they are moving the lower coil cup higher... without raising the top bucket.

Does this limit travel? I assume it is also preloading/firming up the coil? Is it down travel/up travel or both that are affected?

The adjustable spring cup shocks (Bilsteins) do the same thing.
Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think they limit any travel but they do change the travel within its own travel limit if that makes sense. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I’ve been driving and wheeling on my 1.25 perch collars up front and I can’t tell any difference besides it’s just a tiny tad firmer of a ride. Which is what I wanted due to my added weight up front the aftermarket bumper ,winch and skid. I think mine turned out perfect I have zero complaints now with how it feels and rides on and off road. I think you’d be happy with them.

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t think they limit any travel but they do change the travel within its own travel limit if that makes sense. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I’ve been driving and wheeling on my 1.25 perch collars up front and I can’t tell any difference besides it’s just a tiny tad firmer of a ride. Which is what I wanted due to my added weight up front the aftermarket bumper ,winch and skid. I think mine turned out perfect I have zero complaints now with how it feels and rides on and off road. I think you’d be happy with them.
Did you get the one from Wildhorse Bronco? I’m looking at doing the perch collar as well since I have a winch up front. Slightly firmer would be a blessing.

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go to 2:10 mark this guy does a ok job explaining the perch collar lift.
Sponsored