First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recently ordered a set of RPG Perch collars for my 4DR Sasquatch. After looking at them, they look like a base set as opposed to Sasquatch based on install videos I've seen. Seller is saying that RPG redesigned the collars to work with both the Hitachis and Bilsteins. Anyone aware of this? The last thing I feel like doing is pulling shocks apart and either the collars don't fit, or the lift is wrong and having to pull everything apart again.
Ford Bronco RPG Perch collar redesign? IMG_20230509_194109
Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently ordered a set of RPG Perch collars for my 4DR Sasquatch. After looking at them, they look like a base set as opposed to Sasquatch based on install videos I've seen. Seller is saying that RPG redesigned the collars to work with both the Hitachis and Bilsteins. Anyone aware of this? The last thing I feel like doing is pulling shocks apart and either the collars don't fit, or the lift is wrong and having to pull everything apart again.
You could always grab a caliper and measure the diameter of your shocks at the spring perch and the collars and make sure it’s similar

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi, I know this is a bit off of the topic question. But I weighted both options. Went with Bilstein 6100s instead of Collars for these reasons. Sorry just my 2 cents if you want another option.

1. Much better ride and offroad shock. 2.5 inch shocks vs SAS.
2. Quick install and not taking apart shocks. Use your existing SAS Springs.
3. Sell Your SAS to help with the cost and probably less than a Collar solution and much less labor.
5. Five adjustable setting to get it perfect level or exactly how you want it. Always adjust if you add more heavy weight items to your bronco in the future. I added a BAMF and Winch to mine so wanted the front level.

I can tell you the ride is so much better than SAS. Purchased mine for just $213 a shock.

https://jeepandtruckparts.com/produ...-height-adjustable-0-3in-front-shock-absorber

Just something to think about.

Troy

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quick call to RPG might answer your questions.

OP
OP

DoubleK

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
You could always grab a caliper and measure the diameter of your shocks at the spring perch and the collars and make sure it’s similar
Shock outside diameter 50.3mm/1.98" perch collar inside diameter bottom 53.8mm/2.118" and top 50.3/1.98"
Of more concern is the height of the shoulder that creates the new perch base ( measured at the highest point of what the perch sits on) - 27mm/1.06" for the front, 21.95mm/.86" for the rear. Ive seen it somewhere but cant remember, but I know the height to lift ratio for the front is most definitely not over 2:1 to get close to the 2.25" lift

Hi, I know this is a bit off of the topic question. But I weighted both options. Went with Bilstein 6100s instead of Collars for these reasons. Sorry just my 2 cents if you want another option.

1. Much better ride and offroad shock. 2.5 inch shocks vs SAS.
2. Quick install and not taking apart shocks. Use your existing SAS Springs.
3. Sell Your SAS to help with the cost and probably less than a Collar solution and much less labor.
5. Five adjustable setting to get it perfect level or exactly how you want it. Always adjust if you add more heavy weight items to your bronco in the future. I added a BAMF and Winch to mine so wanted the front level.

I can tell you the ride is so much better than SAS. Purchased mine for just $213 a shock.

https://jeepandtruckparts.com/produ...-height-adjustable-0-3in-front-shock-absorber

Just something to think about.

Troy
I went back and forth on this option, and it may still be on the table if I can't get a definitive answer on these collars. I have steel F&R bumpers, winch, and full skids so it sits lower than stock and I would like to get the Bronco back to stock height if not more. I am going to be doing a live valve coilover setup next year and would prefer to avoid spending the money on another set of shocks before then if I can, prefer the cheaper option for something temporary.
Quick call to RPG might answer your questions.
We'll see if they answer my e-mail, or the phone again tomorrow.

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of more concern is the height of the shoulder that creates the new perch base ( measured at the highest point of what the perch sits on) - 27mm/1.06" for the front, 21.95mm/.86" for the rear. Ive seen it somewhere but cant remember, but I know the height to lift ratio for the front is most definitely not over 2:1 to get close to the 2.25" lift
If they’re selling perch collars that advertise a certain amount of lift but that they fit basically any Bronco (2dr, 4dr, SAS, Non, 2.3/2.7 etc) then no two Broncos are going to achieve the exact same final product anyway. Should be close since theoretically the various trims/versions have different springs to start with I guess though. I know with spacers you can count on 2:1 in round numbers on IFS but perch collars won’t be linear as spring pre-load isn’t linear.
I don’t have any personal experience w/ these but if you’re off-roading then you’re not really going to want to start out by spotting it 2.25” of your down travel before you ever get off the road.. riding that high in your range of travel just at ride height it going to have some significant downsides once you leave the pavement. Spacers aren’t going to be your answer either

OP
OP

DoubleK

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those that may find themselves wondering about this in the future, RPG has confirmed they will fit both Hitachi/Bilstein shocks. Hopefully RPG and resellers change their listings ( all have drop down selections to choose between Sasquatch/non) on their respective websites to get rid of any confusion.
Sponsored