First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands checks all the boxes for me...but I'm in the same boat as far as no mansquatch. I don't see that as a deterent in the long haul...I was gonna go 37s at some point, but where I wheel 35s are pretty much the minimum. I had this crazy idea in my head that I could roll that sucker right off the dealership lot and head straight for the trails. Now I know I gotta work on it 1st. The no 2.7 w/manual thing doesn't bother me as much because I really think the 2.3 is a better choice for what I want to do.
Sponsored

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its about market size, easy of modding and the general "coolness" of the vehicle market.
The BRONCO is red hot. Those round headlamps are super easy to copy/replace.

There will be LED options that get crazy like phone-apps that change rainbow colors. Not looking for that kind of look, only saying the range of options will be unbelievable. I mean just look at the Jeep Wrangler aftermarket.. its insane.

MadJawa889

Black Diamond
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what I don’t understand is this; here we can see on Ford website that the Outer Banks is listed starting @ $38,955. How is it we get to $41,450?? That’s a difference of $2,495.. I would feel better about adding some options at a price point of $38,955; thoughts ?
Ford Bronco Perfectly Content? 1595384827142

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I too like the Outer Banks but to be honest if I could get the Black Dimond with a little more tech I.E. improved sound system I think that would perfectly check all the boxes. It’s weird when you move to the Outer Banks you give up the standard rear locker only to gain the potential of acquiring the premium Lux package. Lmao the black diamond is only 38k as is so optioned with hard top and let’s say 2.7 we are prob looking north of 45k but let’s wait and see?
Whoa, what does a Jawa need with a Bronco anyway!? I imagine the Sandcrawler already has plenty of off-road goodies!

If I'm honest, I haven't done an exhaustive deep dive into all the trims, options, etc. I'm giving it all time to settle before I get too crazy. *he says, as he spends hours on a Bronco forum obsessing over all the speculative details*

OP
OP
truth2ak

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what I don’t understand is this; here we can see on Ford website that the Outer Banks is listed starting @ $38,955. How is it we get to $41,450?? That’s a difference of $2,495.. I would feel better about adding some options at a price point of $38,955; thoughts ?
Ford Bronco Perfectly Content? 1595384827142
Yeah website gets a bit convoluted at times for me as well but there is another tab you hit and it opens up to show that the 38,955 is for the 2door and you flip a switch to 4door and the price goes up.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/

Sponsored

MadJawa889

Black Diamond
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whoa, what does a Jawa need with a Bronco anyway!? I imagine the Sandcrawler already has plenty of off-road goodies!

If I'm honest, I haven't done an exhaustive deep dive into all the trims, options, etc. I'm giving it all time to settle before I get too crazy. *he says, as he spends hours on a Bronco forum obsessing over all the speculative details*
Duly noted ?

LonestarBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD is my perfect trim. Save some money by not getting a Badlands so I can upgrade to the 2.7 and tow package. I still get fantastic off-road capabilities, wash down interior and a massive technology upgrade from my 06 F150.

It is fun to watch the meltdowns though. Some of those people blow me away with how picky they can be.

Seems like most of the OG's on here are pretty happy with how things turned out.

MadJawa889

Black Diamond
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah website gets a bit convoluted at times for me as well but there is another tab you hit and it opens up to show that the 38,955 is for the 2door and you flip a switch to 4door and the price goes up.
Frustrating but I am hopeful they will iron out the kinks

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perfectly happy with the badlands 4 door with a stick And mid package And hard top. Prolly won’t do a thing to for a long time. I’ll wait for AEV to put out a lift.

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For affordability, love the features of the Black Diamond..... except no LED signature front lights. Jeez, you can get those on a Sentra these days...

So stepping all the way up to Badlands pretty much for the LEDs. (yeah, a petty thing).
You still get led headlights on all the trims, just not the signature style headlights.

Sponsored

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone out there perfectly content with the Models as they are equipped? It seems like I see a lot of complaints or at least unsatisfied comments about the models and are already talking about aftermarket add ons.

I myself am pretty well pleased with the Badlands 4 model. Sure I may add the Sasquatch pkg and in a perfect world I would like to see the 2.7L, automatic tranny & hardtop standard on that model but the world ain't perfect and I am really excited to picking up my new Bronco next year!

My last Bronco was a 1976 and I have missed it since I sold it 20 years ago. As a matter of fact if I still had it I could sell it and pay cash for my new one.
Yup. I am.

I mean Iove tech so secretly I was hoping the new Bronco would have "Active Drive Assist".

I was also hoping for a plug-in hybrid option that could maybe travel like 30 miles with using the electric motors only or something crazy like that.

But I feel like both features will come within the next 5 years.

I normally keep vehicles for a long time. When I trade in my 4Runner it'll be 10 years.

But for the features I want, if they're eventually offered I'd consider upgrading early.

But that is all extremely minor and in the "very nice to have" list.

I am happy with the 2021 Badlands edition. It'll be more than enough for me.

I'll feel like I'm piloting a spaceship coming from a 2006 4Runner.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yup all good, plenty of trim options for every lifestyle

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm mostly OK. Things I wanted that we're not getting are cooled seats, power tilt wheel and memory seat. Those may seem petty, but it makes it a lot easier for entry and exit for big guys. The manual tilt function on Fords are generally a total PIA to unlatch the handle and move the wheel each time. Even worse is trying to get your ideal seat position back. It always seems that if someone moves my seat, My position is lost forever.
Yup. I am.

I mean Iove tech so secretly I was hoping the new Bronco would have "Active Drive Assist".

I was also hoping for a plug-in hybrid option that could maybe travel like 30 miles with using the electric motors only or something crazy like that.

But I feel like both features will come within the next 5 years.

I normally keep vehicles for a long time. When I trade in my 4Runner it'll be 10 years.

But for the features I want, if they're eventually offered I'd consider upgrading early.

But that is all extremely minor and in the "very nice to have" list.

I am happy with the 2021 Badlands edition. It'll be more than enough for me.

I'll feel like I'm piloting a spaceship coming from a 2006 4Runner.

These two posts sum up where I'm at pretty well. I'm overall happy and love how the vehicle looks, and I'm sure I'll ultimately be happy with what we can get on it once the full order guide/order combos come out

My biggest "complaints" are:
-no A/C seats (I understand why), but being in South Florida, they're fantastic, and a must, but I won't not get a Bronco over that
-memory seats (didn't realize it didn't have them until now).....my Mustang doesn't have them and it's annoying to have to switch the seat back if anyone else drives it......though I won't have to move Bronco's seat for rear passengers with 4 doors.
-I'd have liked a hybrid model, but it's not a deal breaker, and I don't really want to wait another few years for one to maybe show up
-I'd have also liked the Active Drive stuff too, but it also isn't a deal breaker - even just active cruise will be a great jump from what I have now

Everything else for me right now is just questions related to the final order guide not being out yet, with questions like:
-white roof
-Velocity Blue timeframe
-interior colors
-etc.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been casually searching for a new vehicle I could drive off the lot onto Jeep trails in the desert that was more comfortable than a Wrangler and easy to live with as my daily driver. I've come close to pulling the trigger a couple times, but everything else on the market has compromises.

Except the Bronco. A Squatched Base model does everything I want perfectly. Higher trim level do it even more perfectly. Complaining that one trim or another isn't exactly perfect because it doesn't have this that or the other thing would be silly when I compare it to the other off road vehicles on the market.
Sponsored