Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Explorer, 2011 Ranger Sport, 2022 2Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was contemplating giving it up on the way there - the spend while more than doable felt unwise.

That all went out the door when I saw it. I fell in love -

I wish I could say the delivery process was smooth. It started out that way until the pricing doc was presented. While the 22 to 22.5 price protection was included, my 21 to 22 price protection was not - even though I told them a few days ago that the cert existed.

They checked on it and then the manager comes over and said I couldn't have both protection discounts. We went back and forth and he eventually calls his GM who tells him I can't have the 22.5 one, but could get the 21 one.

It looked like the deal was going to be put on hold until Monday so they could figure it out. Naturally I got anxious with all the stories about dealers snaking Broncos. That anxiety turned to frustration which was apparent.

It was eventually resolved as we sat at my salesperson's desk reading their discount codes. We found the one for the MY22.5 and while I will admit that the language was a bit unclear, we found the language that cleared it all up.

My issue there isn't with my salesperson (he was great) or the manager (he was patient through my frustration). It is with Ford. How is it that the dealers have to be told the process by the customer? Training and communication stinks.

Just another fail by Ford when it doesn't have to be that way -

At any rate, here she is -

20220521_191633.jpg
20220521_191656.jpg
Picked up my 2Dr Eruption Green OBX on April 11, day three reservation. Supposed to receive $1900 for price protection, $400 for 21 price increase and $1500 for 22 price increase. Received the $400 as a credit off the price of the vehicle. Sales person told me I will receive a check from the dealer after they receive the $1500 from Ford supposed to happen within 45 days which is Thursday.....yet to receive the check. Waiting until Friday to contact the dealer if I don't receive the check this week. After reading the price protection document it does say this is the process
Sponsored

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picked up my 2Dr Eruption Green OBX on April 11, day three reservation. Supposed to receive $1900 for price protection, $400 for 21 price increase and $1500 for 22 price increase. Received the $400 as a credit off the price of the vehicle. Sales person told me I will receive a check from the dealer after they receive the $1500 from Ford supposed to happen within 45 days which is Thursday.....yet to receive the check. Waiting until Friday to contact the dealer if I don't receive the check this week. After reading the price protection document it does say this is the process
Right - my problem is they didn't know the process and I was reluctant to let them owe me based on that.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For orders after 3/21/21 the process was simple for me. I asked my dealer before going in about the MY22.5 increase and they said , no worries you are price protected. Walk-in in, the finance manager has the paperwork ready, no questions asked, at the same price as my Dora when I ordered in ‘21 which was $1350 less than MY22.5 Window Sticker. I walked out of his office in 15 minutes and the rest of the 30 minutes I was there was activation of Ford Pass, using my points to order accessories. Kudos for my dealer being ready.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For orders after 3/21/21 the process was simple for me. I asked my dealer before going in about the MY22.5 increase and they said , no worries you are price protected. Walk-in in, the finance manager has the paperwork ready, no questions asked, at the same price as my Dora when I ordered in ‘21 which was $1350 less than MY22.5 Window Sticker. I walked out of his office in 15 minutes and the rest of the 30 minutes I was there was activation of Ford Pass, using my points to order accessories. Kudos for my dealer being ready.
If it wasn't for the MY21 to 22 price protection, mine would have been similar as it was on the pricing doc. It was that one that confused them.

aonorato

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I contacted my dealer that the vehicle was getting built week of 5/9. So lets get the ball rolling. Let's get the paperwork and price protection process started. Nope won't do anything until invoice. I have a feeling price protection is going to be an issue. 22 to 22.5 base price and destination has gone up. 21 to 22 base price has gone up too. Since I'm a reservation holder 7/17/21. I had to wait a model year to order my bronco, manual Sasquatch. I'm not out to get anything over on the dealer. The dealer should be getting the money back from Ford. Anyone out there that has gone through this process want to share their experience?
My build should be delivered soon as well and I also asked my dealer (who has been great so far) to get the paperwork going. When I heard back from him he informed me that the MSRP price has increased by $1600. It is my understanding that as a July 14th 2020 reservation holder who got pushed to a MY22, I would be eligible for price protections. He said that Ford is giving me a "$975 private offer for the Bronco price protection plan" and that, "this number varies and is set by Ford." However, on the Ford site it says that the price protection amount for a 2-door Black Diamond is $2475. Additionally, the dealership "will be issued a certificate for a similarly equipped vehicle that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered as of October 1st, 2021."
I honestly don't know at this point if my dealership is trying to make more money off of me or if they just don't know the price protection procedure. Either way, getting bumped to a 22 and then having to pay more than was agreed upon for the "privilege" of waiting this long is BS. I've been searching all "price protection" threads, but if anyone can help clarify what is happening here, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aonorato

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was contemplating giving it up on the way there - the spend while more than doable felt unwise.

That all went out the door when I saw it. I fell in love -

I wish I could say the delivery process was smooth. It started out that way until the pricing doc was presented. While the 22 to 22.5 price protection was included, my 21 to 22 price protection was not - even though I told them a few days ago that the cert existed.

They checked on it and then the manager comes over and said I couldn't have both protection discounts. We went back and forth and he eventually calls his GM who tells him I can't have the 22.5 one, but could get the 21 one.

It looked like the deal was going to be put on hold until Monday so they could figure it out. Naturally I got anxious with all the stories about dealers snaking Broncos. That anxiety turned to frustration which was apparent.

It was eventually resolved as we sat at my salesperson's desk reading their discount codes. We found the one for the MY22.5 and while I will admit that the language was a bit unclear, we found the language that cleared it all up.

My issue there isn't with my salesperson (he was great) or the manager (he was patient through my frustration). It is with Ford. How is it that the dealers have to be told the process by the customer? Training and communication stinks.

Just another fail by Ford when it doesn't have to be that way -

At any rate, here she is -

20220521_191633.jpg
20220521_191656.jpg
Is it possible to share the language you found to clear up the price protection confusion? My build is in transit and I asked them to start the paperwork and they informed me that my MSRP has increased and they are only offering me $975 as the price protection for my day 2 reservation, 2-door Black Diamond. I am doing my research so I can be prepared, but if you have info on the process y our dealer followed, that would be very helpful. TYIA.

aonorato

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi Jeff
Anyway you could talk with your dealer and see if they will give you the discount code. I feel we are at the mercy of the dealer. We waited so long for our Broncos that we all will make compromises just to get the keys in our hands. I feel confident that my dealer will honor every discount available but it would help me and others for any information.
Agreed. Would love whatever info that could be shared.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it possible to share the language you found to clear up the price protection confusion? My build is in transit and I asked them to start the paperwork and they informed me that my MSRP has increased and they are only offering me $975 as the price protection for my day 2 reservation, 2-door Black Diamond. I am doing my research so I can be prepared, but if you have info on the process y our dealer followed, that would be very helpful. TYIA.
It essentially said anyone that ordered or made a material change before March 11th (I realize that order banks closed March 7th) was protected from the mid-year price increase. It also said that it is not mutually exclusive to the MY21 to MY22 protection. What I failed to see when reviewing was the process by which they implement it. Many have said dealers reimburse you after they are reimbursed. Mine discounted it upfront.

I will email my salesman today.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am lazy today. Search my post history. I have explained it in detail, multiple times.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am lazy today. Search my post history. I have explained it in detail, multiple times.
Sure - but my dealer essentially said you can find anything on the internet when mentioning these forums. Others need specific info (the actual discount codes) to guide dealers or risk getting screwed.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are NO codes or certificates for MY21-21.5 Price protection. Seriously read one of my posts. Search YouTube there is a DEALER who will forward the Ford info to other dealers.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are NO codes or certificates for MY21-21.5 Price protection. Seriously read one of my posts. Search YouTube there is a DEALER who will forward the Ford info to other dealers.
There are discount codes (not certs) for both in their system. It took getting to those in order for the dealer to realize I was right and they were wrong. If your post contains that information or an avenue for others to get that information to their dealers, they should use it. Thanks.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great Jeff, and I glad everything was settled properly. Enjoy the ride. Oh, and BTW, thank you so much for not telling me it's "worth the wait". :)

mtrombet

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Explorer, 2011 Ranger Sport, 2022 2Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are discount codes (not certs) for both in their system. It took getting to those in order for the dealer to realize I was right and they were wrong. If your post contains that information or an avenue for others to get that information to their dealers, they should use it. Thanks.
Per Ford:

SUMMARY

This letter announces competitive pricing actions on 2022MY Bronco 2/4 Door SUV model vehicles. These price changes are currently live on the Ford.com Build and Price tool. They will go live on CONCEPTS and WBDO with the J2 order bank open on March 8, 2022.

DETAILS OF MID-YEAR PRICING ACTIONS

2022 model Ford retail price changes are listed below. Ford vehicle line Dealer Holdback, Dealer Discounts, and Ford vehicle's FDAF Contribution Amounts remain unchanged. New price lists are available on www.fmcdealer.com and prices will be available through CONCEPTS and WBDO on March 8, 2022.

Model21 to 22 Price Protection amountMid Year
Pricing
Max Total Price Protection

2 Door

Base$800$1,500$2,300
Big Bend$400$1,500$1,900
Black Diamond$975$1,500$2,475
Outer Banks$400$1,500$1,900
Wildtrek$800$2,000$2,800
Badlands$975$2,000$2,975

4 Door

Base$250$1,250$1,500
Big Bend$250$1,250$1,500
Black Diamond$825$1,250$2,075
Outer Banks$250$1,250$1,500
Wildtrek$695$1,750$2,445
Badlands$825$1,750$2,575

Group 1 OnlyPotentially available to Groups 2 & 3Group 1 Only

PRICE LEVELS EFFECTIVE MARCH 11, 2022

2022-model Bronco PL220

Dealer Invoice changes will be effective March 11, 2022.

PRICE PROTECTION KEY MESSAGES

A subset of Bronco customers (group 1) is currently price protected and will not be subject to price increases. This group of customers is made up of customers who placed a reservation or an order prior to March 19, 2021. These customers qualify for the “total offer” column in the chart above.

Customers who are not price protected are made up of customers who placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021 (group 2) or customers who placed a reservation after March 19, 2021 (group 3). These groups (2&3) can only qualify for the “Mid Year J2 Pricing” column above if certain criteria are met. See below and attached for further detail about how this group of customers is potentially subject to pricing changes.

Group 1 – Customers who placed a reservation or an order prior to March 19, 2021

Qualify for private offer (Program 38406) to cover difference between 2021 and 2022 MY (’21 → ’22 J1 Price Protection Amount). These customers also qualify for the Ford retail order price protection process (Mid Year J2 Pricing).

Customer message: While these customers are price protected, encourage them to update their orders exactly as they want them as changes after March 11 will require a manual process to maintain price protection.

Dealer message: 2021 to 2022 (J1) pricing is loaded into Smart Vincent as a private offer amount paid directly to the customer (Program 38406). Adjustment from mid-year pricing (J2 to J1) is generated automatically and paid to the dealer’s payment statement after the dealer records the sale in smart Vincent (system will produce a price protected adjustment amount once it verifies that the customer who bought the vehicle matches the customer who placed the order). You can expect that payment 30-45 days after the sale.

If a customer wants to change their order after March 7, it will require a manual process.

Further details will be provided on this process at a later date.

Group 2 – Customers who placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021

Potentially qualify for the Ford retail order price protection process (Mid Year J2 Pricing).

Customer message: Ensure that orders are accurate and reflect current customer preferences as changes after March 11 could result in increased pricing for customers.

Dealer message: Consistent with Ford retail order price protection process, make sure customer orders are accurate, because changing series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system. after March 11, 2022 will cause orders to update with new mid-year price levels.

Assuming no changes are made after March 11, 2022; adjustment from J2 to J1 is generated automatically and paid to the dealer’s payment statement after the dealer records the sale in smart Vincent (system will produce a price protected adjustment amount once it verifies that the customer who bought the vehicle matches the customer who placed the order). You can expect that payment 30-45 days after the sale.

Group 3 – Customers who placed a reservation after March 19, 2021

Potentially qualify for the Ford retail order price protection process (Mid Year J2 Pricing).

Customer message: We’re pausing new retail orders of the 2022 model year Bronco after March7, 2022, and while there are no guarantees, make sure to convert your reservation to an order 2014 Template before then for the chance to get a 2022-model-year Bronco SUV. Placing an order before the March 7 cut-off will create a 22MY order at J1 pricing levels.

Dealer message: Consistent with Ford retail order price protection process, customers must convert their reservation to an order to have a chance for a 22MY. To receive J1 pricing, the customer must 1) convert to an order 2) take delivery of a ‘22MY Bronco and 3) not change their: series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 11, 2022.

Assuming no changes are made after March 11, 2022; adjustment from J2 to J1 is generated automatically and paid to the dealer’s payment statement after the dealer records the sale in smart Vincent (system will produce a price protected adjustment amount once it verifies that the customer who bought the vehicle matches the customer who placed the order). You can expect that payment 30-45 days after the sale.

Ford’s Price Protection FAQS

What order change actions will affect pricing?

Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 11, 2022 will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels.

An example of a series change would be going from Badlands to Big Bend. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a 4 door to 2 door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change reflects changing to or from the standard 4x4 system to the advanced 4x4 system.

End of Per Ford

aonorato

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It essentially said anyone that ordered or made a material change before March 11th (I realize that order banks closed March 7th) was protected from the mid-year price increase. It also said that it is not mutually exclusive to the MY21 to MY22 protection. What I failed to see when reviewing was the process by which they implement it. Many have said dealers reimburse you after they are reimbursed. Mine discounted it upfront.

I will email my salesman today.
I ended up staying up way too late last night to continue research. I have it all explained now- thank you!
Sponsored