Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Considering one of the two, any thoughts on one vs the other? Comparing the dyno results from the MFR pages, Panda looks to have higher hp/tq on 93oct settings. 3rd party youtube dynos seem to have them more neck and neck though. Panda is cheaper too... Does anyone have any actual experience?

edit: added in aFe
Sponsored

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We've used the JB4 from Burger Motorsports on a 2.7L First Edition Bronco and overall, as anyone initially looking into these, we were super skeptical.

Although, with Burger Motorsports, they have been around quite a few years with the JB4 Device in other applications, so it's safe to say, they have the concept down to an art. Burger has done quite the development into a bunch of the Ecoboost platform vehicles prior to the Bronco, including the Ranger, F-150, Mustang EB, and more. Overall, I believe that time and experience helps build a better device and program.

After install and testing though, and now of course being a couple months after install, the JB4 is still going strong and hasn't skipped a beat, nor has it done any damage to the truck.

As far as performance, the devices can only do so much and both utilize the same readings to change the engine dynamics. We proved the JB4 worth it by putting the truck on the dyno, testing every map multiple times to prove consistency.

More info on the dyno testing and install here :
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/bronco-jb4

Another thing to note, the JB4's construction is above-expected. The device itself is a simple, yet clean machined-aluminum casing that is anodized in a black finish. Honestly, you'd probably be able to run the thing over and show no sign of damage. Along with that, they give the edge a nice gasket to ensure the internals of the device stays dry, regardless of what you throw at it. With this satisfaction, we mounted it under the engine bay with no fear of failure. All the harnesses are given a braided sleeve covering to ensure the wires are protected from heat and sharp edges, regardless of how you run them.

Overall, I'd go with the JB4 with my personal vehicle, simply because of the company's history/success and quality of construction.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Joe Rocchio / [email protected]
877-2-LETHAL | lethalperformance.com
Ford Bronco Piggyback Tuners (JB4 vs Panda vs aFe?) 1637347377084-png-png-

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a post about the jb4 and having absolutely horrible customer service. Do some digging on the forum you'll find it.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the JB4, no reason really, but couldn’t be happier with it. Works great.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the AFE. Nothing not to like about it. Would of been happy with any of them

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Panda Power tune. Haven't installed it yet, wanted to wait until at least the break in period (1,000 miles). Only on 114 so far.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've used the JB4 from Burger Motorsports on a 2.7L First Edition Bronco and overall, as anyone initially looking into these, we were super skeptical.

Although, with Burger Motorsports, they have been around quite a few years with the JB4 Device in other applications, so it's safe to say, they have the concept down to an art. Burger has done quite the development into a bunch of the Ecoboost platform vehicles prior to the Bronco, including the Ranger, F-150, Mustang EB, and more. Overall, I believe that time and experience helps build a better device and program.

After install and testing though, and now of course being a couple months after install, the JB4 is still going strong and hasn't skipped a beat, nor has it done any damage to the truck.

As far as performance, the devices can only do so much and both utilize the same readings to change the engine dynamics. We proved the JB4 worth it by putting the truck on the dyno, testing every map multiple times to prove consistency.

More info on the dyno testing and install here :
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/bronco-jb4

Another thing to note, the JB4's construction is above-expected. The device itself is a simple, yet clean machined-aluminum casing that is anodized in a black finish. Honestly, you'd probably be able to run the thing over and show no sign of damage. Along with that, they give the edge a nice gasket to ensure the internals of the device stays dry, regardless of what you throw at it. With this satisfaction, we mounted it under the engine bay with no fear of failure. All the harnesses are given a braided sleeve covering to ensure the wires are protected from heat and sharp edges, regardless of how you run them.

Overall, I'd go with the JB4 with my personal vehicle, simply because of the company's history/success and quality of construction.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Joe Rocchio / [email protected]
877-2-LETHAL | lethalperformance.com
Ford Bronco Piggyback Tuners (JB4 vs Panda vs aFe?) 1637347377084-png-png-
What gear did you dyno? Just had mine done stock in 5th... (100 degrees here in Texas so heat sink hits pretty quick) Max HP spot on, but Max TQ about 10% higher here.

Attachments

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What gear did you dyno? Just had mine done stock in 5th... (100 degrees here in Texas so heat sink hits pretty quick) Max HP spot on, but Max TQ about 10% higher here.
We were in 5th as well. I don't think it was that hot here when we dyno'd ours but if you did that well in those temps that's great. Wait till it cools down. I'm sure it will make a big difference.
Sponsored