Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is great, yours and the other recommendations will be helpful! No Bronco yet, build date 4/5, and we will be flying into LAX, renting a car, spending a day with our two Pepperdine kids in Malibu and then driving up to Pismo.

Our oldest loves to weekend in all the Big Sur towns and selfishly recommends we retire there, so we want to get a feel for the area. We spend a lot of time from San Diego to Santa Barbara, and Coronado Island is on the retirement place list, but the kids think they know best. My mother lived in Monterey while my father was in Vietnam, and has fantastic memories of Carmel and the rest.

A lot of what you mentioned has been recommended by my son
.wine tastings, the Bixby Bridge photo op, 17 Mile, Julia Pfeiffer Burns Park. It all sounds amazing. Terrible golfer with future aspirations. Might do some hiking, just did some in Zion, Bryce Canyon and Moab after last weekend’s Off-Roadeo. Mostly want to mix relaxing with getting out and getting a feel for the area. Not packing much for upscale dining on this trip, so mid-range restaurant rec’s around Carmel and Pacific Grove would be helpful.
In Carmel, Mulligans and Brophy’s have pretty good pub food. La Bicyclette Is a good spot for lunch or dinner. Casa Nova is a little on the pricier side, and I think the food isn’t quite as good as it used to be, but it is very popular. Clint Eastwood’s restaurant, the Mission Ranch, isn‘t bad. It’s not as touristy as you might think, and it can get pretty lively the later it gets. When John Denver was still alive, it wasn’t uncommon to see his drunk ass in there banging on the piano keys. Sades if you want a (cash only) dive bar, and Katie’s place for breakfast.

In Pacific Grove, The Beach house is nice for drinks, apps, and dinner. It’s right on the water. Mezzaluna if you want pasta. I haven’t been yet, but Poppy Hall is kind of new, and I have heard great things about it. First awakenings is a good breakfast spot kind of on the PG/new Monterey border a couple blocks up from the Aquarium.

For hiking, there are a ton of great trails, but if you're only gonna do one, I’d go to Garrapata, and if you want something that’s pretty flat, go to Point Lobos (or stay on the coast side of Garrapata). Both of those can get a little busy on the weekends though.
Sponsored

Hailey Jo

Badlands
First Name
Hailey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.haileyjohnson.realtor
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford F-150, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great, yours and the other recommendations will be helpful! No Bronco yet, build date 4/5, and we will be flying into LAX, renting a car, spending a day with our two Pepperdine kids in Malibu and then driving up to Pismo.

Our oldest loves to weekend in all the Big Sur towns and selfishly recommends we retire there, so we want to get a feel for the area. We spend a lot of time from San Diego to Santa Barbara, and Coronado Island is on the retirement place list, but the kids think they know best. My mother lived in Monterey while my father was in Vietnam, and has fantastic memories of Carmel and the rest.

A lot of what you mentioned has been recommended by my son
.wine tastings, the Bixby Bridge photo op, 17 Mile, Julia Pfeiffer Burns Park. It all sounds amazing. Terrible golfer with future aspirations. Might do some hiking, just did some in Zion, Bryce Canyon and Moab after last weekend’s Off-Roadeo. Mostly want to mix relaxing with getting out and getting a feel for the area. Not packing much for upscale dining on this trip, so mid-range restaurant rec’s around Carmel and Pacific Grove would be helpful.
Let me know if you guys want to try out a Bronco at the dunes. Pismo and surrounding areas is a great spot to visit. Check out Rosa's for Italian and Puffer's for a fun, local wine bar with live music at night. There are so many great spots on the Central Coast for food, drink, and local entertainment. I'd be happy to recommend more based on your mood once you're here. Jocko's is great, but it has been recommend so often that they now no longer take reservations and the wait averages an hour and a half to two hours, so prepare yourself before going.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let me know if you guys want to try out a Bronco at the dunes. Pismo and surrounding areas is a great spot to visit. Check out Rosa's for Italian and Puffer's for a fun, local wine bar with live music at night. There are so many great spots on the Central Coast for food, drink, and local entertainment. I'd be happy to recommend more based on your mood once you're here. Jocko's is great, but it has been recommend so often that they now no longer take reservations and the wait averages an hour and a half to two hours, so prepare yourself before going.
That’s so cool of you to offer! We will be working all day when in Pismo, but will check out some of these spots in the evening. Hopefully next time we are in CA we will have the Bronco!

Hailey Jo

Badlands
First Name
Hailey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.haileyjohnson.realtor
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford F-150, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s so cool of you to offer! We will be working all day when in Pismo, but will check out some of these spots in the evening. Hopefully next time we are in CA we will have the Bronco!
Of course! I feel it's necessary to help out our B6G community any way we can. If you have time, go check out Avila Beach as well. A much different vibe from Pismo and just down the way. Both are great beaches.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No trip there is complete without a stop at Splash Cafe for clam chowder in a sourdough bowl. It's right up the street from the pier in Pismo Beach. Also, find a place to stop and hose down the undercarriage as soon as you can after leaving the dunes.
Sponsored